• Jimmy Patsos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Moore

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Write in candidate

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Bernie Fine

Still can't believe she helped with recruiting.

images.jpeg

Reaction Score
The art of Photobombing was sorely missed and a big reason for our poor season. The obvious choice is Phil Nolan

Reaction Score
Why? What evidence is there that he can build the connections necessary?

Being an NBA player and alum is not enough to to make you a good recruiter.

Yeah and some of the kids he'd be recruiting were running down dads leg when he was a star or in diapers. If he can coach and recruit I'm in. I mean he couldn't be a big mans coach he was a jump shooter? LOL

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If we're obsessed with getting a former UConn guy in there, then Donyell would be the answer. Big man coach, did an ok job on the bench this year as a HC for CCSU, was a good recruiter in his brief run with Buffalo, and has NBA creds.

But it's not going to be him. It's going to be Chillious.

Reaction Score
I dont KO is going to select a former UCONN player. I suspect it will be someone with some NBA background in his resume.

That said, i wonder if Khalid will make his way into coaching. I think his playing days are finally over...i think.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If we're obsessed with getting a former UConn guy in there, then Donyell would be the answer. Big man coach, did an ok job on the bench this year as a HC for CCSU, was a good recruiter in his brief run with Buffalo, and has NBA creds.

But it's not going to be him. It's going to be Chillious.

Which, given his recruiting abilities, is AWESOME. Crossing my fingers. This is the gun we've needed.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Big O - hes already got more rings than most coaches in the running

Reaction Score
Not that it is official, who do you want to see?
Tom Moore for me. He would certainly help with the rebounding, and also recruiting. After the Q, he needs to refresh his resume, and if it works, and KO moves on, he's here if needed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What about the Squid? He's available tomorrow for an interview
I heard he has had some success in recruiting some top talent

pj

Reaction Score
What about the Squid? He's available tomorrow for an interview
I heard he has had some success in recruiting some top talent

But why would he leave Kentucky? He's just had a successful season -- 3-4 players to the NBA, and not too many games in March to tire them out before NBA camps.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Get me someone not connected to the program so they are easy to let go, if need be.

Reaction Score
Chillious seems like a high risk high reward candidate to me. Clearly the dude can straight up recruit, but the Washington teams he was a part of underachieved like nobodies business

That makes it a perfect spot for him, just recruit and get out the way - he won't have to worry about pulling the strings on game day. Bring us some players - please!!!! KO hasn't brought in any program identity guys that Calhoun was so good at getting every 2-3 years from Donyell, to Allen, to Rip, to Butler, to Gay, ........ to Kemba, etc. Shabazz was the last one. Also Calhoun understood the value of role players, guys whose specialty was shooting, rebounding, defense, etc. Not just a bunch of guys vying with each other to be the man or to jack the next shot. We hardly saw the ball movement and cohesion of the last NC team that started Phil Nolan, Olander, and Giffey (partial stud, partial role player).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom