• Tom Moore

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Write in candidate

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Missouri showed us the way and all of you ignore it. Marvin Bagley III is the #1 recruit in the class of 2018. At 6' 11" he's exactly what we lack. We just need to hire his dad.
On a long term plan, we hire the dad of the top ranked player every year to a 4 year contract. As one graduates, another comes in. We'll be Kentucky in no time. If someone leaves early we can hire the mom and dad of the next one or hold out for the #1 and #2 players the next year. It's an easy game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are they hiring an Associate Head Coach or promoting one of the other coaches and hiring an assistant?

Never thought of this. I sure hope it is hiring a new associate head coach.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ok Coach:rolleyes:

Because he's such an experienced coach I would give you 2-3 more but to exaggerate like this is ridiculous.

He would have healed Larrier by mid season.

pj

Reaction Score
I like the team, VJ and CV, but let's be real VJ was brought here to be the man - he's not and CV was a last minute offer cuz KO whiffed on the others he wanted. Forget our team and my examples look at some of the good teams still playing and you might get an idea of what I'm getting at. Forget role player - how about unselfish non-point guards who are able to facilitate ball movement? Even KU and NC has some of those guys on the floor.

Very much doubt VJ was expected to be "the man" -- coming in this year Larrier, Jalen, and Alterique were "the men" ahead of him. The 78th ranked high school player (Vance Jackson - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN), without elite athleticism, is a good piece but rarely a star. Vance performed ahead of expectations, and good for him, may he keep it up.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What's the latest with the assistant coach vacancy? Is Chillious believed to be the hire? Who else is in the running? Been out of the loop a bit on this.

Reaction Score
Ok Coach:rolleyes:

Because he's such an experienced coach I would give you 2-3 more but to exaggerate like this is ridiculous.

Go back at the schedule and look at the close losses/bad losses and then get back to me on this.

Reaction Score
Go back at the schedule and look at the close losses/bad losses and then get back to me on this.
And yes I was exaggerating to make a point, but if you look like I said it's not that much of an exaggeration.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
And yes I was exaggerating to make a point, but if you look like I said it's not that much of an exaggeration.
Yeah they lost some close games...but come on. At some point it's gotta be about shot making. I saw a lot of good looks that just didn't go in. That's not on the coaching.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What's the latest with the assistant coach vacancy? Is Chillious believed to be the hire? Who else is in the running? Been out of the loop a bit on this.
Rumor is Chillious. All you need to know is Oz (TOS) and @Zionn on this site are thrilled about the situation. Which means, if I read the tea leaves correctly, in their minds the position is most likely filled and they feel he will be a significant upgrade to the coaching staff. Just waiting for a formal announcement and that requires following protocols.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Rumor is Chillious. All you need to know is Oz (TOS) and @Zionn on this site are thrilled about the situation. Which means, if I read the tea leaves correctly, in their minds the position is most likely filled and they feel he will be a significant upgrade to the coaching staff. Just waiting for a formal announcement and that requires following protocols.
Thanks. Sounds encouraging.

Reaction Score

Has anyone looked into the guys Chillious ran point on recruiting? From the sound of it, it seems like it was all of UWs best players.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a timetable on this? The waiting is killing me!
Have to say it:

20 minutes.

(Hey Tom, we need the blink tag for "20 minutes"!)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Has anyone looked into the guys Chillious ran point on recruiting? From the sound of it, it seems like it was all of UWs best players.
Pretty much.

Reaction Score
Yeah they lost some close games...but come on. At some point it's gotta be about shot making. I saw a lot of good looks that just didn't go in. That's not on the coaching.

The whole point I was making to someone else was whether it is a bad mix of personal or coaching style they rely too much on individual effort to score points, unlike for instance SMU where ball movement is a key ingredient in their good looks and resulting success. They lost 8 games where 5-8 better possessions and they would have probably won.

Reaction Score
That could be Huge!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The whole point I was making to someone else was whether it is a bad mix of personal or coaching style they rely too much on individual effort to score points, unlike for instance SMU where ball movement is a key ingredient in their good looks and resulting success. They lost 8 games where 5-8 better possessions and they would have probably won.
My point is that I don't think they are bad possessions. I think guys on this team (especially early in the season) struggled to make open shots. Ball movement, drive and dish...these aren't bad possessions if they get a good look.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the job still hasn't be posted through Human Resources at UConn. Is this something that can get around?

Reaction Score
The strength and conditioning job posting expires tonight. I would imagine the Assistant Coach posting will be next and will expire in a short amount of time.

Reaction Score

Now that VJ is transferring we are really screwed. We basically lost 4 starters from a sub-500 team. Not good - I wonder if Miller being shown the door led to this and Enoch moving on????

Reaction Score
My point is that I don't think they are bad possessions. I think guys on this team (especially early in the season) struggled to make open shots. Ball movement, drive and dish...these aren't bad possessions if they get a good look.

True, yet that type of play can and should be taught early on by the staff.

Reaction Score
I like the team, VJ and CV, but let's be real VJ was brought here to be the man - he's not and CV was a last minute offer cuz KO whiffed on the others he wanted. Forget our team and my examples look at some of the good teams still playing and you might get an idea of what I'm getting at. Forget role player - how about unselfish non-point guards who are able to facilitate ball movement? Even KU and NC has some of those guys on the floor.
Did you watch SMU in the NCAA tourney this year , especially in the 2nd half?
I picked them to get into the finals vs Kansas
Then I think about what they had done in the past against some teams and I could kick myself in the arse

You sound like one of the regular KO bashers and maybe changed your name?

Now Vance is gone and possibly CV and JD. MIKE DROP!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom