Which player are you going to miss the most? | The Boneyard

Which player are you going to miss the most?

Which player are you going to miss the most?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Kinda feel like should be at least two different questions:
The most pressing of them is which portal entrant will I miss: Akok, but had higher 22-23 contribution expectations for Floyd & more surprised by that. Akok was just pure fun, so much joy when he did good things on the court.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not going to include the super seniors because they had their career here. I’ll miss ’em all and if they ever have to buy a drink in this state, shame on us.

Likely Akok or Floyd - both could have had great careers here but will not for whatever reason. Also Diggins, who was our best recruiter a year ago and then had a lot of you folks crap on him because it suited whatever agenda.

Reaction Score
Eliminating the obvious seniors and grads I will miss seeing what Corey Floyd Jr was going to become as a Husky. Just a gut, I was looking at a solid 4 year guy who didn't hurt you on either end of the floor and potentially became high impact. But things happen.

I mean I don't know enough about Sool wish the kid the best. Gaff, good kid I'm sure but I'm a basketball fan and he didn't get much better at that. Hope he does well no matter. Akok was fun to watch as a freshman and looked like a solid career was well on the way. Feel bad what happened and how hard he worked to get back no doubt. But again, as a fan of winning he didn't get better at all and more than likely because of the injury which makes me sad for him. Would have liked to see him take the slot as a back up but he thinks he has more than that to offer and who can blame him or any of them.

Best of luck to each, I will be checking in.

But even more luck to the staff replacing them so we have a deep squad! Need help, Newton a good start but more is required.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I voted Akok, but did not include Cole, Martin, Polley, or Whaley in the consideration.

Akok showed flashes of what he was capable of so getting healthy, mentally and physically, he has a boatload of potential.

Floyd is tough as I am not sure what is there having only seen highlights and read what others have said about his play. He does have 4 years of eligibility so who knows what he would have contributed here.

With that said both can be replaced in terms of what they have contributed to the program thus far. I think both land at programs in major conferences.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What does this have to do with Akok?
He did knock down 3s at that clip last year on more shots than he took his freshman year. Guys are caught up on being behind defensively but that’s what happens when you haven’t played for over a year. Something fixed by playing time.

Reaction Score
To lose a 6’10 guy who knocks down 3s at a 40% rate and can lead the country in blocks is terrible.
Phew good thing we didn’t lose anyone fitting that description

(I’m assuming you mean Whaley even tho he’s listed at 6’9 and shot 29% from 3)

Reaction Score
He did knock down 3s at that clip last year on more shots than he took his freshman year. Guys are caught up on being behind defensively but that’s what happens when you haven’t played for over a year. Something fixed by playing time.
By "took more than his freshman year" you mean actually took 16 less right? 13-28 is such a laughable sample size. Marcus Smart has done that in a 4 game stretch multiple times in his career and is still a sub 30% 3pt shooter. That number is so small its meaningless.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Phew good thing we didn’t lose anyone fitting that description

(I’m assuming you mean Whaley even tho he’s listed at 6’9 and shot 29% from 3)

Attachments

• 8B2E7CB7-F727-455B-9C55-50522F3BB60A.jpeg
    8B2E7CB7-F727-455B-9C55-50522F3BB60A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
Reaction Score
We lost Akok the player in the Memphis game where he tore his Achilles. Still loved the kid though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
By "took more than his freshman year" you mean actually took 16 less right? 13-28 is such a laughable sample size. Marcus Smart has done that in a 4 game stretch multiple times in his career and is still a sub 30% 3pt shooter. That number is so small its meaningless.
Sorry I meant he made more. Less shots, less minutes, but made more.

Reaction Score

You earn playing time.

Reaction Score
Whaley, Cole and Martin are all tough to choose from. They each brought a toughness that was easy to root for.

I'll miss Akok, especially seeing what he did as a freshmen. I think the board will be talking about 'what could have been?' for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom