Which player are you going to miss the most? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which player are you going to miss the most?

Which player are you going to miss the most?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’m sorry to see the seniors/grad transfers go, but I was prepared for them leaving. So I’ll miss Akok, especially “potential Akok,“ the most; he showed us a lot to like, pre-injury, & I hoped his comeback would continue next year. Otherwise, it’s hard to “miss” what you’ve never seen, so the departures of Diggins, Gaffney, Floyd, etc., bother me less.

Reaction Score
This coach hasn’t exactly proven he knows who should play or not.

Well our record has improved every season since Hurley arrived. Hurley led UConn to back to back NCAA tournaments for the first time since 2011 & 2012. Hurley has put his players in position to earn All Big East First Team, All Big East Rookie Team and last year another All Big East First Team, Defensive Player of the Year and 6th man.

But sure he doesn't know what he's doing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Well our record has improved every season since Hurley arrived. Hurley led UConn to back to back NCAA tournaments for the first time since 2011 & 2012. Hurley has put his players in position to earn All Big East First Team, All Big East Rookie Team and last year another All Big East First Team, Defensive Player of the Year and 6th man.

But sure he doesn't know what he's doing.
This is a pretty good spin. If you thought he got the most out of the roster this past year and made the right lineup decisions then it is what it is.

Reaction Score
This is a pretty good spin. If you thought he got the most out of the roster this past year and made the right lineup decisions then it is what it is.

I'm with you. I think you have a better handle on the roster than Hurley does.

Reaction Score

Which part do you disagree with?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm with you. I think you have a better handle on the roster than Hurley does.
Tell the University that. Could use the couple million a year and can handle the twists and turns of the boneyard. :)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Which part do you disagree with?
Everything you said was right, but it’s a nice way to spin a team that underachieves with the talent it has. We struggle against the top teams in the conference.

Winless against Creighton
1 win against Villanova that so happened to have came when he got ejected.

Upset twice in the tournament.

He does a good job of beating up cupcakes though. He turned that DPOY into a stretch 4 this year too. Which was a brilliant move I guess?

Reaction Score

Everything you said was right, but it’s a nice way to spin a team that underachieves with the talent it has. We struggle against the top teams in the conference.

Winless against Creighton
1 win against Villanova that so happened to have came when he got ejected.

Upset twice in the tournament.

He does a good job of beating up cupcakes though. He turned that DPOY into a stretch 4 this year too. Which was a brilliant move I guess?

We were one of the worst teams in America the year Hurley took over. Hurley had one recruiting class for the AAC and so far two for the Big East. Our talent is improving and the team gets better each season. It stinks we lost in the tournament back to back years but we will breakthrough eventually.

Think about it this way, at least we aren’t Kentucky who the last two years missed the tournament and then lost to a 15-seed. Now that’s a spin!

Reaction Score
If we're talking just the transfers, Floyd feels like the obvious answer. He was likely the only one who was looking at meaningful minutes next year and was most likely to have a long-term impact for the program.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ll miss them all to a certain degree because some of them persevered through the darkest time in program history, some helped us take another step in the right direction and some I rooted hard for (Gaff) but just couldn’t get it together.

I voted Akok bc he had loads of potential coming in and just seemed genuinely happy to be here but got derailed by a devastating injury that he had no control over. I think we’d be talking about him being a draft prospect had it not been for the injury, which is incredibly unfortunate. He had a lot of tools and the work ethic to get there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ll miss AA the most. His injury was so gut wrenching and he’s come back efforts so inspirational that it’s impossible not to root for him.

I think the player “the team “will miss the most is cold. His efforts last year were downright heroic.

Reaction Score
Removing the Seniors, I’d say I miss Freshman Year Akok the most.

Fortunately/unfortunately that isn’t the player we lost yesterday. Everyone else is replaceable

Reaction Score
Poor Polley gets no respect
Even though we became a real good team when he was on.
rewatch Auburn , was 6th man of the year , baled us out when Bouk went down the year before.
Im not saying he shouldn’t be lower than the starters but he finished behind a guy with literally zero achievement.
Welcome to the Boneyard

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Uconn has ever had a player that looked more in over his head when he got here than Whaley... To get where he did was unbelievable. I didn't think for a second he'd ever play meaningful minutes for us on a good team and he was arguably our most important player at times over the last two years.

I'm trying to think of most improved uconn players and my list is short.

Isaiah Whaley
Gavin Edwards
Hilton Armstrong

Reaction Score
although super senior? i feel like great senior pg's like cole don't get the true flowers they deserve yoy. i see it on every team. if i could get vitale back

Reaction Score
To lose a 6’10 guy who knocks down 3s at a 40% rate and can lead the country in blocks is terrible.

Akok had a devastating injury and has not looked the same on defense. He is too weak against some fives and too slow against fours. He still provided good help defense but he looked like he was going to be a wrecking ball at one point. I still think he could be a good center defensively but he would be backing up Adama and likely wants to start or play more.

He is such a good kid and I honestly will probably root for him going forward as much as I root for our Huskies. If you play out his career here a hundred times, this has got to be in the bottom 10% percentile.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Uconn has ever had a player that looked more in over his head when he got here than Whaley... To get where he did was unbelievable. I didn't think for a second he'd ever play meaningful minutes for us on a good team and he was arguably our most important player at times over the last two years.

I'm trying to think of most improved uconn players and my list is short.

Isaiah Whaley
Gavin Edwards
Hilton Armstrong
Vital with his monster final season where he seemed to score at will.

He went from a turnover machine and a volume poor % shooter to a stud.

Reaction Score
HOnestly? None. Wish them all the best in whatever they do. When players are a part of something special and do special things that bond is made by those memories. None of these guys did anything worth remembering here.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think a few people have missed their calling in life. Pay is better than a few people around here make, although I'm thinking most must make more than Hurley. So I don't blame them for not wanting to take a paycut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom