Which player are you going to miss the most? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which player are you going to miss the most?

Which player are you going to miss the most?

• Total voters

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Akok was my 6 year old daughters favorite UConn player ever. Yeah, small sample size. When he tore is ACL she cried. She saw him walking on crutches from Werth to Gampel before a game later that year and he waved. Happiest she has ever been. My vote was Tyrese because he was such a hard playing SOB aka Freeman, but Ali would have told me to vote for Akok.

Reaction Score
Hey guys,

I won't miss ANY of the departed 2021-22 UConn hoopsters.

Every single one of them had a glaring hole in their game. Many lacked DIV 1 talent. Many had only one skill to offer. Most were not developed by Danny Hurley.

Several of these Huskies lacked the desire & even the hunger to become DIV beasts in the mold of beasts like Bazz, Kemba, Burrell, or even a Wes Bialosuknia.

One completely lacked the requisite mentality & discipline to make his teammates better & take advantage of his size & shooting.scoring potential - in FIVE YEARS it never changed! To be honest, I don't a player like that representing the state of Connecticut. It's an insult!

This whole portal disaster places all college coaches in the stressful position of having to put all their fingers in too many dikes every year while juggling players & even being able to find or see talent & potential of the 'musical chairs', selfish players of today.

Looking at what is happening to the game & university program we love, can any of you say that Danny Hurley has been doing a good job of building OUR program, or building OUR Husky image as a place to thrive for the best players? Or will every year from now on be just like this, a season/program based entirely on team defensive aggressiveness (& no real offensive players or plan) with a revolving door of one-year players - & that's it?

Watching & loving this game for almost 70 years now, it is very difficult to watch it devolve into yet another beloved American endeavour that is predictably killing itself with greed. After many decades of the slow slide down that slippery slope, college hoops is totally choked in a money-strait-jacket now, boys. Today's players are just going with the flow & in their role as inmates are running the ship now. God Help Us!

Father Demo

PS: Akok, Gaffney & Polley should never have played DIV I ball for any team, IMO.

Reaction Score
Tyrese - He was the most entertaining of the lot to watch. The rest of the group were either OK to watch or didn't play, so I can't really miss them. RJ was also a pleasure to watch, because he was the only guy on the court I trusted to protect the ball.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Uconn has ever had a player that looked more in over his head when he got here than Whaley... To get where he did was unbelievable. I didn't think for a second he'd ever play meaningful minutes for us on a good team and he was arguably our most important player at times over the last two years.

I'm trying to think of most improved uconn players and my list is short.

Isaiah Whaley
Gavin Edwards
Hilton Armstrong
I'd put Hilton at the top, and add Hasheem to the list as well. Odd that they're all bigs. The guards are a different story.... The ones that ended great, started pretty danged good, too. Kemba went from a good PG to an all timer. Ricky was the best defensive guard we've ever had, but he was an elite defensive presence when he started. Ray evolved from a slasher to a near automatic three-point shooter, but he was top shelf from day one. Same with Ben.

Reaction Score
I won't miss any of them. RJ and Tyrese it was time to move on. Isaiah and Tyler, their time was up. The other ones, if they were not tough enough to fight for time they weren't tough enough to be UConn Huskies.

Reaction Score
I put Floyd because I never saw him play and I have a feeling he will be one of those 3-4 year bulldogs who is a really good player for someone.

Cole, Whaley, Polley, and Martin gave us good years and it's time for them to make some $$. Akok will always be a "what-if." I think there's a chance he could be a pro if he gets the right coaching. I think there's also a chance that we've already seen the best of he has to offer and sadly, his injury robbed him of crucial development and fluidity that will prevent him from reaching his potential. I was never a fan of Gaff from the start so I'm hoping he finds a good landing spot where he can play with confidence. But it was never going to be here. Who the hell knows what Diggins is all about.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wife's personal favorite was RJ.
Mine is Tyrese slightly more than Whaley and RJ.

Player that is transferring which I feel would have benefited the team most next year is CFJ based on Hurley's statements and what I saw from his play in HS.

Speaking of Whaley none of the transfers out hurt me as much as the Whalers moving to NC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Uconn has ever had a player that looked more in over his head when he got here than Whaley... To get where he did was unbelievable. I didn't think for a second he'd ever play meaningful minutes for us on a good team and he was arguably our most important player at times over the last two years.

I'm trying to think of most improved uconn players and my list is short.

Isaiah Whaley
Gavin Edwards
Hilton Armstrong
Never thought Facey would play as well as he did his senior year after watching his first three years. You can never tell when someone will figure it out.

I feel Hilton's transformation from Sophomore to Junior year was the second best improvement year over year for any Husky. It was only beaten out by Kemba's improvement from his Sophomore to Junior year.

Reaction Score
Wife's personal favorite was RJ.
Mine is Tyrese slightly more than Whaley and RJ.

Player that is transferring which I feel would have benefited the team most next year is CFJ based on Hurley's statements and what I saw from his play in HS.

Speaking of Whaley none of the transfers out hurt me as much as the Whalers moving to NC.
The Whalers moving broke my heart. Went to the last game and cried even though i was 42 at the time. Hated the Hurricanes then and still do.

Reaction Score
HOnestly? None. Wish them all the best in whatever they do. When players are a part of something special and do special things that bond is made by those memories. None of these guys did anything worth remembering here.
Short memory or short resume?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom