Which is More Epic - Kasongoed or Cardwelled? | The Boneyard

Which is More Epic - Kasongoed or Cardwelled?

Kasongoed or Cardwelled?

• Kasongoed

Votes: 57 72.2%
  • Cardwelled

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Which is more epic in terms of Boneyard Lore?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cardwelled. We’ve been Kasongoed several times but this is the first Cardwelled . Now if Cardwell Kasongoes us that will be the epitome of epic.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kasongo initiated the activities leading to the term.

Dylan stayed home. This term...coined by you...was initiated by our recruitniks. So, "Cardwelled" has to be used in the right context.

Schools get Kasongoed. Message board fans get Cardwelled.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nothing will compare to Kasongo. He was all set to announce, every single insider said he was a lock for UConn, we were literally refreshing twitter on his announcement day waiting for the confirmation, then all of a sudden there was a tweet that UConn was out on Kasongo.

There was something in the air that night, the stars so bright, Kasongo...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There was something in the air that night, the stars so bright, Kasongo...
Lol, I still think of this every time someone posts about him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This has a long way to go before it approaches Kasongo, and I hope it (or nothing) ever does.

Kasongo had international intrigue, shady cross-country P5 competition, almost hostage-like communications from the recruit, eligibility drama, intimation of controlling handlers, song references that included Abba & Steely Dan, and a well-deserved proprietary Boneyard verb in its wake...for someone who never had a D1 career of note, and even (I think) had a directional junior college stop along the way.

The Cardwell Affair is simply incorrect information in a Tweet that took on a life of its own, made many of us look foolish, strongly suggested the unmasking of some pretenders, sparked some internal skirmishes, and made think, "Business as usual on other Forums in these parts" ...for a recruit of legitimate interest who still intends an OV and generated a lot of healthy regard while the (correctly termed) "irrational exuberance" was in full flowering.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This has a long way to go before it approaches Kasongo, and I hope it (or nothing) ever does.

Kasongo had international intrigue, shady cross-country P5 competition, almost hostage-like communications from the recruit, eligibility drama, intimation of controlling handlers, song references that included Abba & Steely Dan, and a well-deserved proprietary Boneyard verb in its wake...for someone who never had a D1 career of note, and even (I think) had a directional junior college stop along the way.

The Cardwell Affair is simply incorrect information in a Tweet that took on a life of its own, made many of us look foolish, strongly suggested the unmasking of some pretenders, sparked some internal skirmishes, and made think, "Business as usual on other Forums in these parts" ...for a recruit of legitimate interest who still intends an OV and generated a lot of healthy regard while the (correctly termed) "irrational exuberance" was in full flowering.
I can kinda understand you forgetting this one...

WANGO KASONGO!!!!!!!!!!
1570467719611.png

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Kasongo initiated the activities leading to the term.

Dylan stayed home. This term...coined by you...was initiated by our recruitniks. So, "Cardwelled" has to be used in the right context.

Schools get Kasongoed. Message board fans get Cardwelled.
Why I voted Cardwelled. Right now things are too raw. Some day Boneyarders will be recalling where they were when they found out they were punked. Newer members will wish they had been around for this epic time and participated in that thread. It was a joke versus a let down that was made into a joke.

Reaction Score
The best one of these was a football recruit. The time that a 5-foot-6 kid committed to Bob Diaco. We had a couple of places report that the Huskies got a diminutive, but explosive player headed to Connecticut. It was Diaco's first recruit. It was all of the kid's tweet. How they knew he was explosive and a kick returner is beyond me.

Except, it wasn't a player. And, yes I had inside info on the team. Got a message from "someone" who would know such things and it was "We don't know who the kid is."

Long story, I called the college and his coach threw him under the bus and said he didn't want to work and that he had left school. Asked the kid for comment, and he then asked me to take my blog post down. Nope. It's still up somewhere on the internet. LOL.

Anyhow. How the hell do you report the guy is on campus, then say he had a great visit when the dude was never there. Geez. If i knew it was that easy I would have stayed in the business full time.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why I voted Cardwelled. Right now things are too raw. Some day Boneyarders will be recalling where they were when they found out they were punked. Newer members will wish they had been around for this epic time and participated in that thread. It was a joke versus a let down that was made into a joke.
I really hope you are kidding about this. That thread was trash from the get-go. And moot, since he apparently is visiting soon anyway.

Reaction Score
For me? Cardwelled!

Sorry to pass along bad info guys. I can take a little solace in that it seems others ate it too - and sounds like we all got a lot of the same bad info (Not only was I told he was on campus - I was told he showed up and was goo goo googley eyed the minute he walked in). I usually don't communicate much unless I hear it from multiple people and in this case did. It was just bad info, so I'm sorry I got hopes up.

Reaction Score
I feel like we haven't been oficially Cardwelled yet, so I went with Kasongoed. Was it Cardwell's idea to delay or Hurley's? Is Uconn waiting for reaction to Ferguson's visit to Kansas? Too many unknowns to be fully Cardwelled.

Reaction Score
For me? Cardwelled!

Sorry to pass along bad info guys. I can take a little solace in that it seems others ate it too - and sounds like we all got a lot of the same bad info (Not only was I told he was on campus - I was told he showed up and was goo goo googley eyed the minute he walked in). I usually don't communicate much unless I hear it from multiple people and in this case did. It was just bad info, so I'm sorry I got hopes up.
Utmost respect for people who just own up to these type of things. I screw things up all the time.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I really hope you are kidding about this. That thread was trash from the get-go. And moot, since he apparently is visiting soon anyway.
Given that Cardwell is still making an OV, given we recently won a recruitment war over the fruit for the staffs number 1 recruit, given that the future is looking up for the good guys, I feel getting punked will be good mojos.

If people don’t agree with this there’s no need for me to change their mind. This entire incident reminds me of the scene in “Summer of 42” when the kids leave the movie theater and the friend lets his buddy know the reality of his date. Priceless and great example of the value of perception.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I feel like we haven't been oficially Cardwelled yet, so I went with Kasongoed. Was it Cardwell's idea to delay or Hurley's? Is Uconn waiting for reaction to Ferguson's visit to Kansas? Too many unknowns to be fully Cardwelled.
Cardwelled: when the Boneyard is excited about something that has no underlying foundation.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Cardwell confirmed exists as a human being

Kasongo isn't a real person

Therefore Kasongo'd still reigns supreme

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Whatever ended up happening with Kasongo? It’s lefitimately hard to find the information online. Went Juco -> signed with Tennessee, didn’t see the floor, transferred to Iowa state after one year -> never played for Iowa state, never basketball again?

Reaction Score
Utmost respect for people who just own up to these type of things. I screw things up all the time.

My sources are usually really good on this stuff. But again it’s always hearsay, so is what it is. When it seems good, I’ll run with it but again - it is what it is.

For whatever it’s worth - I wouldn’t sweat the date change - and everything aside - everything I hear and have heard for months is that he wants to come. Even if What I’m hearing is total nonsense, we’re his last visit and it’s on first night. Not a better spot to be in than that. Again, take that however you want to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom