• 1959 (the Derpy Dog)

• 1960s (Musket Jonathan)

• 1970s

• 1980s & 1990s ("Samoyed" Husky)

• 2002 - 2013 (Championship Husky)

• 2013 (the Blue Wolf)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
No matter the breed or the color, we have an awesome mascot. Better than the likes of Michigan which has what, a capital m.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'll go with the Blue Wolf to strike fear in the hearts of our opponents............
It's worked really well so far... Lol. Teams have been trembling in their knickers seeing the vicious wolf eyes on our helmets.

That said, they are cool uniforms.

Reaction Score
No matter the breed or the color, we have an awesome mascot. Better than the likes of Michigan which has what, a capital m.
I've always been perplexed by SCs gamecock logo. From any distance you can't tell what the heck it is.

Attachments

• 5b36dbb43d562.image.jpg
    5b36dbb43d562.image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 155
Reaction Score
This little pissing match w/ John and CL posting husky pictures may be the most entertaining petty war we’ve had on here since the GLeague arguments

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a graphics professional, my opinion is that the 80s-90s husky is more "clip art"y than the current one.
Really? The Championship Husky is unique. Variations on the Blue Wolf are pretty common. But as I have said many times previously, I'd be fine with the current logo, if it were a white husky, keeping with 80 years of tradition.

CL82

Reaction Score
This little pissing match w/ John and CL posting husky pictures may be the most entertaining petty war we’ve had on here since the GLeague arguments
Thanks. John mucking the thread is unavoidable, so it might as well be entertaining right?

Reaction Score
The 80s/90s is the one for me. With the dominance of women's basketball and our multiple championships, the logo looks non-gender to me. The new one tries to look masculine and more of a computer gif.

The 80s/90s looks like true art, and a beautiful dog. Everything is defined nicely. The black background circle is awesome at highlighting the Huskie's feature. Looks better than the grey highlights on the 2002 logo. Love the mane looking hair also, which offers enough masculinity for those looking for it. The new logo's mane looks like a unrecognizable cut out of blue and the Husky actually looks like its laughing.

Just saying the 80s/90s logo looks like a real husky and has my vote.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Nope, out mascot is white husky. The Blue Wolf (@superjohn) is clearly not a white husky. That's not hard to understand right?
You're missing the point. We all know that some of the prior mascots (the actual live animals) were white huskies. What we're trying to get you to understand is that the actual artist who did the '80s / '90s logo has openly stated that it was a picture of her pet samoyed. So your "samoyed husky" and "championship husky" logos are not huskies, they're samoyeds.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're missing the point. We all know that some of the prior mascots (the actual live animals) were white huskies. What we're trying to get you to understand is that the actual artist who did the '80s / '90s logo has openly stated that it was a picture of her pet samoyed. So your "samoyed husky" and "championship husky" logos are not huskies, they're samoyeds.
Not some, all. All of the mascots since 1935 have been white huskies. That is the point. The most recent one deviates from those 80 years of tradition. John is showing surprising restraint here (well, for him at least) and I thought I wasn't going to have a chance to post the rest of the Jonathans. So thanks...

Jonathan VIII

1601997862239.png

(Oh and take a look at post #55 in this thread. I am well aware that a student artist used their dog as a model for the "Samoyed" Husky, which is why I referred to it as the "Samoyed" Husky. Regardless our mascots have been white husky breeds since 1935. The current logo is a departure from that.)

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not some, all. All of the mascots since 1935 have been white huskies. That is the point. The most recent one deviates from those 80 years of tradition. John is showing surprising restraint here (well, for him at least) and I thought I wasn't going to have a chance to post the rest of the Jonathans. So thanks...
Man, you are thick headed. And wrong. Not only did some of the pics you posted mention that the mascots were husky/samoyed mixes, how do you figure this is a white husky...? The current mascot and logo are Siberian Huskies.
https://twitter.com/JonathanHusky14

CL82

Reaction Score
Man, you are thick headed. And wrong. Not only did some of the pics you posted mention that the mascots were husky/samoyed mixes, how do you figure this is a white husky...? The current mascot and logo are Siberian Huskies.
https://twitter.com/JonathanHusky14
Lol, yes they are but the most recent one deviated from 80 years of tradition of white huskies like:

Jonathan IX / Jonathan X

1601999911398.png

(Aka Stoner Jonathan)

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Lol, yes they are but the most recent one deviated from 80 years of tradition of white huskies like:

Jonathan IX / Jonathan X

View attachment 59467
(Aka Stoner Jonathan)
Agreed. I'm glad they corrected course and we finally have a proper husky :D :D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is so dumb.
  • The live mascot was a white husky. It is now a mixed color husky.
  • The logo, 80's through 2013, was not a white husky, it was a fluffy cartoon Samoyed
  • Wolves do not look like the current mascot or logo. American wolves are grey, brown, tawny colored for the most part.
I understand the nostalgia for the white husky. I also think the logo from the 80's to the new one, the logo that was there in my time, was a pretty weak logo. The mascot, the dog, was fine. People here created an all white logo like the new one and it's fine, if less obviously a husky.

CL82

Reaction Score
That seals it. Huskies are bigger, stronger, healthier, more liked and have blue eyes that pierce through you and make the opponents back off........
Like say this one?

Jonathan XII

1602004797806.png

Reaction Score
The stories of attacking Handsome Dan and being almost sold off by the students in 1970 are legendary. Too bad stuff like that won't happen anymore.

Reaction Score
The “new” ones from the past 6-7 years are the worst. Looks like an alien robot dog with empty eyes. Gimme either one of the 80s/90s up to 2013. Not even close - although . I will admit , the ones from 1959 thru the 70s are pretty sad.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wolves do not look like the current mascot or logo. American wolves are grey, brown, tawny colored for the most part.
1602007219939.png

1602007267544.png

You are correct. The wolf does not have blue fur.

Reaction Score
This is so dumb.
  • The live mascot was a white husky. It is now a mixed color husky.
  • The logo, 80's through 2013, was not a white husky, it was a fluffy cartoon Samoyed
  • Wolves do not look like the current mascot or logo. American wolves are grey, brown, tawny colored for the most part.
I understand the nostalgia for the white husky. I also think the logo from the 80's to the new one, the logo that was there in my time, was a pretty weak logo. The mascot, the dog, was fine. People here created an all white logo like the new one and it's fine, if less obviously a husky.
There has been so many threads on the logo and it's the same thing every time. Some people are nostalgic about the Samoyed and others think it's a dopey looking cartoon logo while CL82 just posts pictures of the mascots and shows over and over he has no clue what a wolf looks like and what a Siberian Husky looks like.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
By the way, is it really 2002 when we saw that logo change? I had a UConn starter jacket in 96 that I recall being the same as that 2002, with the red tongue.

I thought the 96 started that “championship era” Jonathan, but I’m asking bc that’s my view, not sure factually.

I’m 99% sure my Jonathan on my starter jacket was that logo with the red tongue.

I was in high school in the early 1990s and I thought for sure the logo was the color one at that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom