• 1959 (the Derpy Dog)

• 1960s (Musket Jonathan)

• 1970s

• 1980s & 1990s ("Samoyed" Husky)

• 2002 - 2013 (Championship Husky)

• 2013 (the Blue Wolf)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
We've gone over this a bunch of times and you're still wrong. The logo we were known for is a Samoyed, the current logo which we are known for and will be more known for nationally as the program returns to prominence/dominance is that of a Husky (Siberian Husky) not a wolf. You clearly have no clue what a wolf or husky looks like.

I think his point was we never adopted the Siberian Husky until the rebrand. Traditionally, the Husky was white and stood us apart for 80 years. There is nothing wrong about that.

Reaction Score
I think his point was we never adopted the Siberian Husky until the rebrand. Traditionally, the Husky was white and stood us apart for 80 years. There is nothing wrong about that.
But the logo so many long for and associate us with was a Samoyed. Most people have no clue about or have ever seen the actual Jonathan dog which started off as a brown and white dog and was mostly a white dog since with another white and grey Samoyed mix as Jonathan. There has never been all that much consistency with the logo or the actual dog. We rebranded to a Siberian Husky which is the UConn logo and Jonathan going forward, no clue why CL82 keeps doing his dumb blue wolf routine when the logo and dog is clearly a Siberian Husky and not a wolf.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
New logo
New wordmark font
White mascot
Block C

Who says you can't have it all.

Reaction Score
But the logo so many long for and associate us with was a Samoyed. Most people have no clue about or have ever seen the actual Jonathan dog which started off as a brown and white dog and was mostly a white dog since with another white and grey Samoyed mix as Jonathan. There has never been all that much consistency with the logo or the actual dog. We rebranded to a Siberian Husky which is the UConn logo and Jonathan going forward, no clue why CL82 keeps doing his dumb blue wolf routine when the logo and dog is clearly a Siberian Husky and not a wolf.

No people saw the first Jonathan because he was hit by a car as a puppy, sadly. RIP J1. The move to the all white Husky happened For J2. J14, the current Husky is a Siberian black and white Husky. From a fans perspective, you shouldn’t have to explain anything to them about the history of the logo and why they changed it. “It was a Samoyed,” “it was originally black and white,” they don’t care. There was 2 generations of families that saw a white Husky. They changed... is what it is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've gone over this a bunch of times and you're still wrong. The logo we were known for is a Samoyed, the current logo which we are known for and will be more known for nationally as the program returns to prominence/dominance is that of a Husky (Siberian Husky) not a wolf. You clearly have no clue what a wolf or husky looks like.
Lol, John don't get all melty on me again. Just click the link. You keep obsessing on the fact that one student in a contest to design the new logo used her Samoyed as a model. That doesn't change the fact that our mascot was a white husky (and not a Samoyed) since 1935. As much as I hate to let you crap up enough thread with this nonsense, maybe the best response is to just post a picture of each Jonathan, in order. Jonathan II was posted above so let me move on to Jonathan III:
1601992104409.png

CL82

Reaction Score
New logo
New wordmark font
White mascot
Block C

Who says you can't have it all.
I can live the wordmark, but otherwise agree.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Anyone who voted for the 1959 one should be perma-banned

Reaction Score
Lol, John don't get all melty on me again. Just click the link. You keep obsessing on the fact that one student in a contest to design the new logo used her Samoyed as a model. That doesn't change the fact that our mascot was a white husky (and not a Samoyed) since 1935. As much as I hate to let you crap up enough thread with this nonsense, maybe the best response is to just post a picture of each Jonathan, in order. Jonathan II was posted above so let me move on to Jonathan III:
View attachment 59454
You keep posting pictures of the mascot, which is not what the debate is. The mascot was a white husky, the logo they used is a Samoyed

Reaction Score
View attachment 59454
I outlined everything from the Samoyed logo UConn is most known for to the mostly white mascots from the first brown and white dog and the white and grey Samoyed mixed in. We've done this thread so many times already. We really didn't need another thread from you showing you don't know what a wolf is.

Reaction Score
You keep posting pictures of the mascot, which is not what the debate is. The mascot was a white husky, the logo they used is a Samoyed
He created a thread about which logo people like best and calls the current logo a wolf when it's clearly a Siberian Husky. When it's brought up the logo previously most associated with UConn is a Samoyed and the current logo is a Siberian Husky he tells people they need to learn about the history of the Jonathan mascot as if everyone doesn't already know it. This guy is a lawyer, lolz.

Reaction Score
View attachment 59373

The new Uni's thread has people speculating which logo is the most popular on the board. Let's find out.

Keep those "happy dog" logos for the household pet photos people print on t-shirts for Christmas presents and I'll go with the Blue Wolf to strike fear in the hearts of our opponents............

CL82

Reaction Score
I outlined everything from the Samoyed logo UConn is most known for to the mostly white mascots from the first brown and white dog and the white and grey Samoyed mixed in. We've done this thread so many times already. We really didn't need another thread from you showing you don't know what a wolf is.
Lol, man you are so melty and so committed to crap up another thread with your nonsense. Oh well, I'll go with the flow...

So here is Jonathan IV another white UConn Husky mascot who is not a Samoyed:

1601993797890.png

You have to respect that first three white husky mascots all attacked the other team's mascot but it is hysterical that J IV growled at opposing players after they scored a basket.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nope, out mascot is white husky. The Blue Wolf (@superjohn) is clearly not a white husky. That's not hard to understand right?

CL82

Reaction Score
Keep those "happy dog" logos for the household pet photos people print on t-shirts for Christmas presents and I'll go with the Blue Wolf to strike fear in the hearts of our opponents............
Well yeah, if people are scared of clip art...

Reaction Score
Lol, man you are so melty and so committed to crap up another thread with your nonsense. Oh well, I'll go with the flow...

So here is Jonathan IV another white UConn Husky mascot who is not a Samoyed:

View attachment 59455

You have to respect that first three white husky mascots all attacked the other team's mascot.
Not melty at all, just pointing out you're a fool. He's still doing it @navery12

Reaction Score
Not to foul the waters further, but it says he was a Siberian-Eskimo-Samoyed mix...?
This moron can't even tell the difference between a Siberian Husky and a wolf, you're going to make his head explode.

CL82

Reaction Score
This moron can't even tell the difference between a Siberian Husky and a wolf, you're going to make his head explode.
Uh oh, the name calling starts, lol, someone's upset. Maybe this picture of Jonathan VI, who is also a white husky and not a Samoyed, will help:
1601994818646.png

Reaction Score
I feel like this would be a funny video for Caleb Presley from Barstool to do... “The great UConn debate: white Husky or clip art Husky?!”

Reaction Score
Uh oh, the name calling starts, lol, someone's upset. Maybe this picture of Jonathan VI, who is also a white husky and not a Samoyed, will help:
View attachment 59458
Creates a thread about which logo Husky fans like best just to gaslight...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Except in only strikes fear in the hearts of the children attending games...

CL82

Reaction Score
Creates a thread about which logo Husky fans like best just to gaslight...
Nah, you are just crapping up another thread because you obsess about this issue. It's what you do. Here's a secret John, it entertains the crap out of me how personal you take this stuff. Why not just agree that we've had a white mascot since 1935, and that the "Blue Wolf" logo what a departure from that tradition? Is it because you view the white husky as a "symbol of the establishment" like students did about Jonathan VII?

1601995571670.png

Reaction Score
As a graphics professional, my opinion is that the 80s-90s husky is more "clip art"y than the current one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom