Which Big East Program is most negatively affected by the Pitino hire? | The Boneyard

Which Big East Program is most negatively affected by the Pitino hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seton Hall? Hurley really stole their thunder by plundering their recruiting grounds, which is partially responsible for Willard leaving.
I don't think this Pitino hire helps them either, with them being metro dependent. Conversely, UCONN is a national program and this Pitino move is a relative non-factor atm.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seton Hall? Hurley really stole their thunder by plundering their recruiting grounds, which is partially responsible for Willard leaving.
I don't think this Pitino hire helps them either, with them being metro dependent. Conversely, UCONN is a national program and this Pitino move is a relative non-factor atm.
Recruiting the NYC metro area for top recruits just got harder. I think Holloway will be a good recruiter because he’s young and personable, but he’s going to have to shoot a level below the top guys.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I say St John's.

The phoney will throw everyone under the bus when things don't turn out as planned, find an excuse to hightail his way out after a couple of seasons, shortly before any evidence that leads to probation rears its ugly head.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Recruiting the NYC metro area for top recruits just got harder. I think Holloway will be a good recruiter because he’s young and personable, but he’s going to have to shoot a level below the top guys.
It’ll be interesting to see pitinos approach. I could see him being a heavy portal guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’ll be interesting to see pitinos approach. I could see him being a heavy portal guy.
In the near term, definitely, but I could hear him pitching the guys how he can get them ready for the next level, playing on the worlds, biggest stage, potential for NIL, etc. Rick Pitino is formidable.

Reaction Score
Definitely PC since they will no probably have the worst coach in the conference. Then Seton Hall.

I think this is a huge benefit for UConn. We need a good real rival thats regional and it's better than the midwestern schools. A top-25 St. John's would only help us even if they steal a few recruits here and there...rising tide raises all boats/competition breeds success etc.

Reaction Score
For an older coach, recruiting gets tough. The Kelvin Sampson way can work

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UConn. But we’ll be fine since Dan has expanded his recruiting footprint significantly.

Reaction Score
Tournament team his first year and making noise in the tournament his second year.
I guess we’ll see. ST John’s just hasn’t been legitimate in so long that I’m struggling to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom