Where does Uconn Football goes from here? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where does Uconn Football goes from here?

Reaction Score
Shirreffs this year is likely much better than any of those four will be next year. He has only thrown 4 picks in eight games so far. He's not the reason we blow. I just hope when our defense improves next year, we aren't left will no one of value at QB and we are back to classic Edsall ball.
Lashlee's system is super QB friendly. I think we'll be alright.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is the AAC. We don't need 4 years to rebuild. UConn should be challenging for a bowl game next season. I don't know if we can make it to the upper echelon of the league though. Nothing we need to worry about for a couple of years.
I was expecting the drop football schtick. So well done for your self control.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Lashlee's system is super QB friendly. I think we'll be alright.
How did Pindell look in it? If you watch the games from the first half of last season (against Navy for instance), Shirreffs was pretty good, and that was under Diaco. Nobody in stable is really near Shirreffs. We need a freaky good recruit fast.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This is the AAC. We don't need 4 years to rebuild. UConn should be challenging for a bowl game next season. I don't know if we can make it to the upper echelon of the league though. Nothing we need to worry about for a couple of years.
I do think we should win 6 games next year. Rhode Island, UMass, Cincy, and Temple should be wins at home. I do believe we can beat two of Syracuse, Tulsa, or East Carolina on the road.

Reaction Score
How did Pindell look in it? If you watch the games from the first half of last season (against Navy for instance), Shirreffs was pretty good, and that was under Diaco. Nobody in stable is really near Shirreffs. We need a freaky good recruit fast.
Washington and Krajewski are both solid recruits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Are you new here? Did you not see how long it took Edsall to get to competitive the first time?

C

Chief00

I don’t want to speak out of school so I will be general. Anyone who has talked to Dave Benedict privately knows he is very realistic about the mess Randy inherited and how long it will take to fix it the right way. He feels Randy will do it but it’s a multi-year process. I can’t argue with that. He also knows it’s tough to tell people to be patient after 6 years of hell. But, appropriately people do need to be patient.

Reaction Score
Randy doesn't sugarcoat and is very analytical and developmental. He's also solid when it comes to the fundamentals of the game. A humbled Randy can work for us again, I don't doubt it. As Chief said, this is a total rebuild. Our DBs were bouncing off Mizzou WRs. We don't have size or physical dominance on the field anymore. Have to completely rebuild the trenches especially

Reaction Score
Randy doesn't sugarcoat and is very analytical and developmental. He's also solid when it comes to the fundamentals of the game. A humbled Randy can work for us again, I don't doubt it. As Chief said, this is a total rebuild. Our DBs were bouncing off Mizzou WRs. We don't have size or physical dominance on the field anymore. Have to completely rebuild the trenches especially

You are right Randy is not a guy that sugarcoats and is straight honest. The thing is i will not be surprised if there is a much better defense next year and offense. It pours down to the players and how discipline they are on their technique and mindset. There are teams that have bounced back from a bad year to completely dominating the following year, hopefully Edsall can make Uconn relevant in football and people will not only know Uconn as a basketball school but also football

Reaction Score
You are right Randy is not a guy that sugarcoats and is straight honest. The thing is i will not be surprised if there is a much better defense next year and offense. It pours down to the players and how discipline they are on their technique and mindset. There are teams that have bounced back from a bad year to completely dominating the following year, hopefully Edsall can make Uconn relevant in football and people will not only know Uconn as a basketball school but also football
The school's been wanting to emphasize football but Pasqualoni and Diaco's egos goofed up things so badly.

Reaction Score
If it's conceivable, expect the D to be even more challenged next year. If Crocker (assuming he's around after the season) couldn't work with a corp of seniors this year to put a functional D on the field , God knows what comes next. Lashlee is also going to be a challenge to keep around because he can't let his stock fall off a cliff being associated with a failing program. If he makes it past year 2, I would amazed. Of course, Grimes follows Lashlee. So, we are on the clock and there aren't many cards to play. RE has his hands full.

Reaction Score
Washington and Krajewski are both solid recruits.
I think both of these guys are untested on the college level. I really do hope one of them gets All American status, while at UConn, but so far we just don't know about them.

Reaction Score
I think both of these guys are untested on the college level. I really do hope one of them gets All American status, while at UConn, but so far we just don't know about them.
Definitely untested but at least we have options for once.

Reaction Score
Definitely untested but at least we have options for once.

At least the majority of snaps from the secondary are Freshmen or redshirt Freshmen and experience matters that will definitely reduce the learning curve for next year. That in of itself should help, also EJ Levenberry will back to play LB next year and that can't hurt either - but man how about starting with reducing the cushion on these guys it's like taking candy from a baby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At least the majority of snaps from the secondary are Freshmen or redshirt Freshmen and experieince matters that will definitely reduce the elarning curve for next year. That in of itself should help, also EJ Levenberry will back to play LB next year and that can't hurt either - but man how about starting with reducing the cushion on these guys it's like taking candy from a baby.
We complain about the cushion but then we line up in press coverage and get burned. it's really a no-win situation for Crocker. I do wonder if we need a new DB coach, though.

Reaction Score
We complain about the cushion but then we line up in press coverage and get burned. it's really a no-win situation for Crocker. I do wonder if we need a new DB coach, though.

How about a 5 yard cushion and some cover 2 to take away the flat and out patterns to at least increase the degree of difficulty/distance a QB needs to throw the ball to get a completion.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'm done with having any expectations with this program. Quite frankly, I'll take what I can get.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We don't need them to be all-American level for the program to be good...JFC.

Reaction Score
Up!

There is nowhere else to go. Diaco left us at the bottom of the FBS pile, talent and program wise.

But the players and program are not the only thing that needs an upgrade. I think the fan base is stuck in an attitude quicksand.
Randy suggests the players need a culture change........good thing he doesn't look into the stands or wear hearing aids.

I think Randy has the knowledge to turn this program around. He needs an upgrade in recruiting and talent. He's needs more time to reach a finished product.........he's not cooking minute rice.

Reaction Score

Shirreffs has 4 years of BCS experience. I certainly hope no one in the stable is close to Shirreffs.......they only will have high school experience whomever takes the field next year. If anyone did, UConn made a big mistake this year not playing them to get FBS experience and prepare for the future..

That's all a freaky good recruit has to show.........he looks good against HS competition, or junior college competition.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Look at the 2-deep on defense and explain how they win 5 games next year.

How isn’t the defense worse next year than this?

Absolutely worse. Fatukasi to Kevin Murphy. Ormsby and Carrezola replaced by Freeborn and who knows who else...noel brouse? Santana Sterling at MLB. Good luck pressuring the QB

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom