Where does uconn bball rank in your life? | The Boneyard

Where does uconn bball rank in your life?

What do you care about the most?

• Uconn bball men/women

Votes: 258 91.2%
  • Your favorite football team

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Favorite baseball team

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Fantasy football

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • College football

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Hockey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your golf game

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Pro bball

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Be honest. It's okay if you admit that fantasy football commands all your attention, even though you tell your friends "ahhh, it's just something I do to pass the time."

Reaction Score
As I've gotten older I've stopped rioting for particular teams. I just root good games. I sometimes decide during the playoffs (of all sports) that I'm really enjoying a particular team and I'll root for that team during the duration of the playoffs.

There's just one exception. My Huskies. I can't shake my dedication to the squad. I'm in for life.

Reaction Score
I like this, I can rank all of these for myself pretty easily:

1. UConn bball

…enormous gap.

2. Favorite football team (Pats)
3. Fantasy football
4. Pro bball
5. College football
6. Favorite baseball team (ATL Braves)
7. My golf game; when I have time to pickup a new hobby this’ll be it
8. Hockey

Not included was the English Premier League but if it was that’d slide in between Pro bball and College football for me :eek:

Reaction Score
To me Uconn football and basketball are the top of my list. Football slides right into basketball season. Getting more into UConn hockey and baseball as those sports have become slightly more mainstream with todays social media.

Professionally it’s the NY Giants then the Knicks and Rangers, Yankees have dropped to the bottom of my list now, it’s not because they suck( well that’s part of it). The Yankees organization have become far to boring and greedy while doubling down on their mistakes.

Reaction Score
It depends on the season. Besides the Red Sox, I don't care too much about any professional team. I have some that I prefer but I'm not a rabid fan. The top of the heap is UConn in football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and men's hockey. Men's basketball would be the number 1 but the others aren't too far behind. I have traveled to away games for three (basketball, football and baseball).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm passionate about the men's program. I was a season ticket holder throughout the bad run, which is why I have such great seats today. I travel to road games, neutral court games, tournament games, I've given and spent a lot of money on basketball. Jim Calhoun is still my man crush, he made it all possible.

And I love the Patriots too, and Bill Belichick is second only to JC

I'm lucky to be a fan of three Goats, throwing Geno into that mix

Think I'll be saying the same thing about Danny someday. And I like both Football Jim and Baseball Jim. I guess I'm in a good place :)

Reaction Score
I don't really even watch sports other than college basketball. Too busy if I wanted to.

Also my wife hates me monopolizing the tv with sports and we're on the "only 1 tv allowed in the house" plan. Only sports she might watch are yoga and powerlifting but I don't think those count. "MORE SPORTSBALL?" is a pretty common refrain in my house between November and March.

Don't find pro basketball very entertaining. I watch the celts if I'm free and the playoffs.

I can think of 100 things I'd rather do than watch baseball. That includes gouging my own eyes out.

Playing golf is fun if you're plastered. Otherwise no. Watching golf is terrible.

Hockey is fun but I don't really understand it. Same with soccer.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Grouping the men's and women's team together as one entity should invalidate this poll!

1) UConn mens hoop
2) UConn football
3) Giants

Reaction Score
UConn men is my #1. Not sure how to vote in the poll though because it's combined with the UConn women's team who I have never watched play.

Reaction Score
1a UConn Men's Bball
1b Miami Hurricanes Fball

3 NYY
4 AC Milan
5 UConn Fball
6 Carolina Hurricanes
7 Carolina Panthers

Reaction Score
Why would you attach women’s hoops with the men. I live and die with the men and don’t care about the women. Don’t watch football, hockey or soccer. Occasionally will watch an inning or two of a baseball game. Used to watch every sport but the hype, money, gambling and egotistical players have worn me out. College and high school hoops are pretty much it for me. Loved the Whalers.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was living in CT for '99 and I recall even in Ffld Cty, there was palpable joy and pride in UConn's 1st NC. People were happier, friendlier for awhile. I moved away permanently later that year.

I say that because I've been in Pgh for the past 22 years, and experienced the Pirates actually being decent for 3 of those years. The WC game in 2013 was the best live sporting event I've ever attended (which includes NFL playoff and WS games) and this city was in ecstasy over its baseball team being relevant again. 2nd place isn't even close.

So I'm going to say that for me, it's the Pirates. They play a more important role in my everyday life. UConn men's hoops would be #2 and UConn football has become #3. It's possible the Steelers wedge in there eventually as Pickett is fun to root for, but I despised Roethlisberger and Steelers "culture" for so long, I don't know if I'll ever really be a fan.

Reaction Score
First off, we are contributors to an Internet forum of UConn sports lol so that’s going to skew results here

The way I’ll think about this is: if all my options are on at the same time, what am I prioritizing watching?

UConn basketball
UConn football
NFL
NBA is kinda tied with a good college football game

And that’s about all I really care to watch on tv sports-wise. If I’m at a bar I’ll pay attention to baseball hokey or soccer, but otherwise, I don’t care

Reaction Score
First off, we are contributors to an Internet forum of UConn sports lol so that’s going to skew results here

The way I’ll think about this is: if all my options are on at the same time, what am I prioritizing watching?

UConn basketball
UConn football
NFL
NBA is kinda tied with a good college football game

And that’s about all I really care to watch on tv sports-wise. If I’m at a bar I’ll pay attention to baseball hokey or soccer, but otherwise, I don’t care
It's funny you mention the skewed results. I was trying to find a better way to phrase the question. Curious if the results would've been different if it were 2015-20ish when the Pats and Sox were king and uconn bball was slumping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom