Where does uconn bball rank in your life? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Where does uconn bball rank in your life?

What do you care about the most?

• Uconn bball men/women

Votes: 258 91.2%
  • Your favorite football team

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Favorite baseball team

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Fantasy football

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • College football

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Hockey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your golf game

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Pro bball

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
UConn men is my #1. Not sure how to vote in the poll though because it's combined with the UConn women's team who I have never watched play.
Uconn men top by a longshot. Don’t care about pro sports anymore. They make too much money to care. Effort still matters at college level. Was diehard phillies fan growing up and massive giants football fan. Could care less about either. Rout for braves only because i own a minority interest. Follow and rout for nd because i hate sec football and live in Georgia

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I don't really watch any sports other than UConn basketball.
I observed you at that Boneyard Club Box event. Your statement is true. You talked to no one. And that was a cupcake game.

Reaction Score
UConn men's hockey
UConn basketball - both
Bruins
Pats
Sox
UConn baseball

Reaction Score
I still try to play golf, but it’s no contest about where my priorities are.

Reaction Score
Nice area thinking about DE coast for retirement myself. Is The Turtle still open and a big Terps spot?

Kirby’s also a favorite one year turned out to be the Kemba NC year saw the Cincy tourney game there.

Lombardi’s good food stop as well.
Both still there - I'm in Ocean View. Love it down here

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm deep into the discussion, but needed to chime in. I was browsing on my phone and didn't want to short change my response, but weirdly I was just thinking about these things the other day, with my baseball team heading into postseason and my football team gearing up for a huge year, following a chip in hoops.

I have definite favorite teams in most sports, but not really the NBA. Basketball, college specifically, is my favorite sport. So UConn, since 1994/5/6 range, has been my diehard follow every season and off-season. The only thing that can compete is my Buffalo Bills fandom. I'm way more a fan of college basketball, but I think my home town allegiance and attachment to the city gives the Bills 1A status. UConn is definitely 1B and the Braves are a clear cut 3rd, but still in my top tier.

After that, I have a second tier where I'm still pretty strongly attached, particularly when things get into important games, but not quite on the first tier level. That would be Buffalo Sabres hockey, Florida State football, and different teams in the NBA in different eras. That never lasts because it's usually tied to my favorite players, usually Huskies. So from 2007 - Kemba was traded, the Celtics were my NBA team mostly. 1990s I was all Hornets from Mourning until late 1990s. My NBA allegiances are more tied to UConn fandom than anything.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm deep into the discussion, but needed to chime in. I was browsing on my phone and didn't want to short change my response, but weirdly I was just thinking about these things the other day, with my baseball team heading into postseason and my football team gearing up for a huge year, following a chip in hoops.

I have definite favorite teams in most sports, but not really the NBA. Basketball, college specifically, is my favorite sport. So UConn, since 1994/5/6 range, has been my diehard follow every season and off-season. The only thing that can compete is my Buffalo Bills fandom. I'm way more a fan of college basketball, but I think my home town allegiance and attachment to the city gives the Bills 1A status. UConn is definitely 1B and the Braves are a clear cut 3rd, but still in my top tier.

After that, I have a second tier where I'm still pretty strongly attached, particularly when things get into important games, but not quite on the first tier level. That would be Buffalo Sabres hockey, Florida State football, and different teams in the NBA in different eras. That never lasts because it's usually tied to my favorite players, usually Huskies. So from 2007 - Kemba was traded, the Celtics were my NBA team mostly. 1990s I was all Hornets from Mourning until late 1990s. My NBA allegiances are more tied to UConn fandom than anything.

U Buffalo sports, Dallas Cowboys are 2nd/3rd tier as well.

Reaction Score
Told my ex wife the three greatest days of my life were the days my two children were born and March 29, 1999. She asked what about our wedding day? I had to be honest and told her sorry but not even close. Now, there are 4 additional days.
She never did understand.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Told my ex wife the three greatest days of my life were the days my two children were born and March 29, 1999. She asked what about our wedding day? I had to be honest and told her sorry but not even close. Now, there are 4 additional days.
She never did understand.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
You could of separated men and women's as I don't care for Women's basketball that much. Glad if they will and will support them but I rarely follow them unless they are final four contenders. For me it is UCONN men's Bball>>>>>Liverpool=Red Sox>>>>>>>Celtics>>>>>Hawks>>>>Atlanta United>>>>>Patriots>>>>UCONN Football>>>>>>>Uconn Women bball

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I observed you at that Boneyard Club Box event. Your statement is true. You talked to no one. And that was a cupcake game.
I had my son-in-law with me, if I'm not mistaken. But I was shocked how little attention was being paid to the game. It's UConn basketball, dammit! Pay attention, people. There were moments of high drama, like when Brown (it was Brown, wasn't it?) went on a big run, scoring two consecutive baskets to get within 40.

Reaction Score
It's UConn men far and away at the top. The Yankees still exist in my fandom but I do not think I've watched more than a few innings this year although I still check the scores, etc. If they blow it up and go with a youth movement I'll start watching again. I used to be very much into the NFL as a whole for fantasy purposes and will check in with UConn guys in the NBA but I'm not a sports fanatic like I used to be. I do love playoff hockey, though, and will not miss a second of the World Cup every four years.

Reaction Score
It's UConn men far and away at the top. The Yankees still exist in my fandom but I do not think I've watched more than a few innings this year although I still check the scores, etc. If they blow it up and go with a youth movement I'll start watching again. I used to be very much into the NFL as a whole for fantasy purposes and will check in with UConn guys in the NBA but I'm not a sports fanatic like I used to be. I do love playoff hockey, though, and will not miss a second of the World Cup every four years.
Your encyclopedic baseball knowledge belies your claim. Maybe I'll start quizzing you from 2020-on

Reaction Score
When MBB loses I am absolutely miserable until the next win. I walk around feeling like I screwed up something or that something isn't quite right with me. Similar for UConn football and the Dallas Cowboys, but it only lasts a day or so.

Reaction Score
1. My dawg
2. UConn hoops
3. My home-made Cajun chicken pasta.

Recipe? I made some last weekend... good, not great. I prefer thighs to breast if that makes any difference.

Reaction Score
I went to UConn. My brother and sister went to UConn. My cousin Vic and his brother Joe went to UConn. Joe also taught there. My wife's parents went to UConn. I made numerous friends at UConn. So it's fair to say that UConn played a central role in my life.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Recipe? I made some last weekend... good, not great. I prefer thighs to breast if that makes any difference.

If you are doing thighs you should do jerk chicken instead. I have some pimento sticks if you need them.

Reaction Score
Until 2019, UConn MBB was a close number 2 behind the Boston Red Sox.

Then the soulless choads who run the Sox decided to ditch Mookie Betts for no reason other than a desire to become the Tampa Bay Rays version 2.0, and they are now dead to me.

I am a Sox fan since 1970--having watched favorites like Lynn, Fisk, Cooper, Lester, and many others leave for no reason other than gross mismanagement--but Betts was the worst of all.

I will let the Sox back into my life when the current ownership group finally sells the team and fǔՇks off. But they will never again be in number one position; that is reserved for UConn sports for the rest of time.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Until 2019, UConn MBB was a close number 2 behind the Boston Red Sox.

Then the soulless choads who run the Sox decided to ditch Mookie Betts for no reason other than a desire to become the Tampa Bay Rays version 2.0, and they are now dead to me.

I am a Sox fan since 1970--having watched favorites like Lynn, Fisk, Cooper, Lester, and many others leave for no reason other than gross mismanagement--but Betts was the worst of all.

I will let the Sox back into my life when the current ownership group finally sells the team and fǔՇks off. But they will never again be in number one position; that is reserved for UConn sports for the rest of time.

Go Huskies!
Very similar situation here.

Sox fan since '75. Sox were always my #1 until my freshman year, 1987-88 in Storrs but the Sox were an extremely close #2. I got over Fred Lynn, Carlton Fisk and Clemens leaving but I'm still not over Mookie and haven't watched a full Sox game Sox or any other MLB game since he was traded. UConn Baseball only.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
1. UConn MBB
2. Sox
3. Celts
4. Giants

Judging my how many MLB and NBA games I watch each season, that list doesn't make sense, but there's something about growing up a Sox fan in the "1918, 1918" days that makes it impossible to stop being a hardcore fan.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1) UConn Hoops

At this point of my life ONLY UConn men's hoops moves a needle for me. Been that way for a while. It's still an obsession and Im as all in as ever. It's never waned and we are talking about maybe 35 years worth now. And by transitive property I do pay a lot of attention to college hoops in general.

When I was younger I was very into hockey and baseball. I still go to hockey games on rare occasion. I haven't been to a baseball game in 15 years. I watch NO pro sports on television pretty much ever, (the Stanley Cup playoffs if the Rangers are rolling I can still find time to turn on sometimes) and follow none of my adopted teams regularly enough to even take a cursory look at scores or standings. Football? Forget it. I haven't sat through an NFL Game on TV in decades. Yes including the SuperBowl.

When CT first got Sports gambling a couple years ago, I did pay attention for like a 2 month window to the CFB and NFL playoffs as I use using the Signup bonuses to the 3 CT bettings apps against each other to turn them into cash. As soon as that was done I went back in my cave.

So yeah, if it wasn't for College hoops there would be pretty much no sports in my life. I'm OK with that, because I'm uncompromising about UConn, I burn a lot of time on them November-March It wouldn't be fair to my family to blow any more on anything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom