When Do We See Amari? | The Boneyard

When Do We See Amari?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wondering when we will get to see Amari play. Can’t figure out why we haven’t seen her on the court yet.
The most obvious reason would be that she hasn't proven herself in practice to be considered an asset to Geno, CD and Jamelle. And she has 4 bigs in her path: Liv, Aaliyah, Dorka and probably Piath.
Hopefully by the end of this month, she will see time on the court.

Reaction Score
Ciao,even with US team she struggled to be seen to be able to play more than a few minutes ... I hope the same does not happen with Geno ... she seems too good and kind and not yet a hard one under the basket .

Reaction Score
So why recruit her?
Let's see. She hasn't played in 6 games out of ~140-game career. Ergo we can conclude that she is a failure and recruiting her was a mistake.

Just like Ducharme had barely played in the first 5 games and was also a huge recruiting mistake and failure.

Geez, patience is not a strong suit around here.

Reaction Score
So why recruit her?
Hopefully she improves enough by practicing against the bigs in front of her on the depth chart so when they graduate she can step in and play productive minutes. Nothing is promised or given, it has to be earned.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Amari's problem from the start was conditioning and injuries. I think those problems hounded her during the U's, and subsequently she's found it hard to catch up and get court time. It will come, and Amari is going to show that indeed she is skilled with a shot from the elbow, excellent inside footwork, great length, good speed, and a fine jumping ability. She also plays very hard. She will struggle with defensive positioning, she will struggle defending on the perimeter, she will struggle with communicating on the floor, and she will struggle when she puts the ball on the floor from the perimeter. She also doesn't have Liv's hands in transition. We are going to see her after the new year. Have patience.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Leaving aside the exhibition game, there haven't been any blowouts in the season (maybe Minnesota). I don't think you are going to see Piath or Amari until the fourth quarter of a blowout game, unless there is major foul trouble among Liv / Aaliyah / Dorka.

Liv fouled out of today's game after it was largely in the bag (with about 4 minutes left), but Dorka and Aaliyah were able to avoid foul trouble today. If two of the three main front court players are in foul trouble, it appears that Mir will be the next person off the bench. After today, it could also be Caroline.

Boneyarders may not like it, but Geno is not going to put the outcome of games in jeopardy just to get minutes for the players at the end of his bench.

Reaction Score
Hope she is 100% by January 27 (or before).

Could this (if not major) be a blessing in disguise for y’all? I noted earlier this week that your other players seemed to have superstar lethargy and waited for Paige to lead. Now, others are going to have to step forward as leaders.

Prayers for an incredible talent!

Reaction Score
So why recruit her?
because unfortunately in this day of age it's we can have them so they can't. Happens now in cfb and you are seeing why the sport is becoming less and less interesting. Bama loses their star wr, doesn't matter, they plug in a 5 star wr who had 2 snaps all season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Could this (if not major) be a blessing in disguise for y’all? I noted earlier this week that your other players seemed to have superstar lethargy and waited for Paige to lead. Now, others are going to have to step forward as leaders.

I agree our guards will be very motivated to step up and drive the bus. For CW and Evina having pro-aspirations, got to use this time well.

Reaction Score
Amari will be fine in the long run. Coming in from Williamsville, NY to the mecca of WCBB is a huge jump. Yes I know she was on a few Team USA rosters, but she was never a front end player on those teams. When she gets in better physical condition and she picks up the UConn system she will be a contributor.

Reaction Score
Uhh perhaps the fact that she’s the 4th or 5th best big on a team that sometimes plays four guards?
According to Geno she has superior offensive moves to any of the bigs and since many hear view ONO and Dorka as major disappointments why not give Amari a three-minute guest appearance......

Reaction Score
I think Amari will have one of the best freshman to sophomore leaps that we've seen at UCONN. in the little action we've seen of her, her skill set is evident. Geno just said the speed of the college game would really hurt her at this time, or something like that.

Reaction Score
Let's see. She hasn't played in 6 games out of ~140-game career. Ergo we can conclude that she is a failure and recruiting her was a mistake.

Just like Ducharme had barely played in the first 5 games and was also a huge recruiting mistake and failure.

Geez, patience is not a strong suit around here.
That was sarcasm. I wasn’t suggesting she wasn’t worth recruiting. I was saying she needs some minutes. But that is true of several UConn players. After all, you never know when someone might go down....

Reaction Score
Everyone doesn't walk on campus...ready. She'll play. HS basketball is just miles away from D1 college basketball. Ask MOST freshman.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

We all are freaked out by seeing Paige on the floor in pain. The question is, could this be a blessing in disguise? Now the team has to play without her for a while, and this is a time for the rest of the team to step up, move forward and add some chemistry. Nika and Caroline have to show Geno, and us, that they are important pieces to the puzzle which is NC brand basketball. This will be a true test. As an example, Tennessee was a terrible offensive team for a couple of games after Rae Burrell went down, but they came together, others stepped up, and now they possibly may be moving to the top ten this week. They are a better all around team now, and they are proving that it is possible. Now our players have to step up and be counted, and when Paige comes back we will be ready to get that NC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom