What's wrong with Gilbert now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's wrong with Gilbert now?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought I was nuts. Gilbert down. Gampel stone silent. Co-eds in tears. Old fans in shock. Coach Hurley concerned.

But there!!!! The sound of a lone fan typing on his phone. Posting. To the Boneyard!!!!

Boneyardin'

Reaction Score
Refs too busy putting BAdams in basketball jail for touching a guys arm to review a punch in the face
My EXACT thought when watching in real time. Friggin ridiculous, guy gets absolutely drilled in the face. I know not intentional, but was obvious in real time

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My EXACT thought when watching in real time. Friggin ridiculous, guy gets absolutely drilled in the face. I know not intentional, but was obvious in real time
I was under the impression all above the head contact gets reviewed. Not saying that the kid was trying hurt Al but he missed the ball by about 5 feet. I’ve seen flagrants for much much less.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Get well AG, the team needs you

Reaction Score
Bet the mortgage that none of the "professional" writers that cover the Huskies will ask Hurley about the face punch and why it didn't call for an ejection or, at least, a foul. And why didn't Hurley push the issue with the refs?

Reaction Score
I really feel bad for they guy. Just let him take the rest of the season off. We need him back out there for us next season

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bet the mortgage that none of the "professional" writers that cover the Huskies will ask Hurley about the face punch and why it didn't call for an ejection or, at least, a foul. And why didn't Hurley push the issue with the refs?

It’s fair to say.. Dan Hurley isn’t critical enough of referees.

That’s a totally coherent conclusion to reach.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It’s fair to say.. Dan Hurley isn’t critical enough of referees.

That’s a totally coherent conclusion to reach.
When Gilbert was walked off Hurley was on the court barking, I think.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So they called a flagrant one on us on what appeared to be a marginal call to us, but not when Gilbert had his face smashed

Classic

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Confirmed or your guess? - hoped it wasn't broken cheek bone or eye orbit.

They had his nose packed with cotton on the floor - really did not look like anything to do with his eyes.

Ton of blood, though. I really got nervous when I saw so much of it on the side of his head, but it came from his nose.

I'll be surprised if we see him again this year. Just does not seem worth the risk.

Reaction Score
Broken nose
Confirmed or your guess? - hoped it wasn't broken cheek bone or eye orbit.
They had his nose packed with cotton on the floor - really did not look like anything to do with his eyes.

Ton of blood, though. I really got nervous when I saw so much of it on the side of his head, but it came from his nose.

I'll be surprised if we see him again this year. Just does not seem worth the risk.
Thanks couldn't see him from my side of the court - blocked by temple players. Noses can bleed a ton, seen it as a school nurse.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
People ITT are laughing at OP, it is true that this was a freak punch in the face, but it is also undeniable that AG has trouble staying on the floor. At the end of the first half AG dove for a ball, was slow to get up and had to be taken out of the game as well. I love the kid but it is extremely frustrating as a fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom