Whats with all the good job good effort crap | The Boneyard

Whats with all the good job good effort crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Michigan was beyond awful. They stunk to high heaven. They aren't that good. The Akron game wasn't a fluke.

You'd think UConn pushed Alabama to the brink. They pissed away a 14 point lead to one of the most overrated teams in the country.

Reaction Score
Michigan was beyond awful. They stunk to high heaven. They aren't that good. The Akron game wasn't a fluke.

You'd think UConn pushed Alabama to the brink. They pissed away a 14 point lead to one of the most overrated teams in the country.

Thanks Waylon.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you were there...you'd understand.

That was an incredible atmosphere. Everything was outstanding except the final score.

I hope the people who angrily dumped the Michigan tickets after the Towson loss feel as stupid as they should.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks Waylon.

I didn't realize that we have sunk so low we pat ourselves for blowing a 14 point lead to a team that did everything in their power to lose.

The coaching staff is laugh out loud bad. They can't move the ball an inch on the ground. They can't block anyone.

But it's a close loss. Horray.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you were there...you'd understand.

That was an incredible atmosphere. Everything was outstanding except the final score.

I hope the people who angrily dumped the Michigan tickets after the Towson loss feel as stupid as they should.

Yeah I wasn't there.

The atmosphere was good. Oh only the loss was bad? Oh the only thing that really matters.

Reaction Score
No one is happy about a close loss, but this team loss at home to Towson. Michigan handled ND that played for the national title last season. There were a few post during the week (maybe by you) saying how they were thinking of betting UM with an 18 point spread. Going into this, I did not think we would lead through midway through the fourth quarter. We get it you hate coaches, most of us hate them now as well, but tonight we saw some enjoyable football. We lost, it sucks, no comfort in that, but the same team that had no energy against Towson, played their hearts out. The effort should be applauded.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No one is happy about a close loss, but this team loss at home to Towson. Michigan handled ND that played for the national title last season. There were a few post during the week (maybe by you) saying how they were thinking of betting UM with an 18 point spread. Going into this, I did not think we would lead through midway through the fourth quarter. We get it you hate coaches, most of us hate them now as well, but tonight we saw some enjoyable football. We lost, it sucks, no comfort in that, but the same team that had no energy against Towson, played their hearts out. The effort should be applauded.

I'd be the one who spent the week mocking people predicting blowouts telling them the game would be closer than they anticipated. I'm also the one who said the spread was wrong and moved in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score
The coaching staff is laugh out loud bad. They can't move the ball an inch on the ground. They can't block anyone.

....and yet we still almost won. You know damn well we are not a better team than Michigan, at least at the major skill positions.

Our team is spiraling downward, we lost our best offensive threat, our starting right tackle, our starting LB and there are not too many people in the state of CT that believe PP will be back next year, including most of the team I'm sure....yet

This team came out during primetime on national TV against the winningest program in college football history and bled Husky Blue for 60 minutes. They have no business winning this game, for the reasons you mentioned, and more and yet they almost did it.

You know better but you decided you needed some attention so you'd post something that would draw attention. Good job, Waylon.

Reaction Score
I stand corrected, wasn't sure so I put in parantheses. Still I wonder where this effort was against Towson. I'll leave out UMD because I said going into that game they had more explosive playmakers than UM. The last two weeks seeing these teams live have confirmed that to me.

Reaction Score
I'd be the one who spent the week mocking people predicting blowouts telling them the game would be closer than they anticipated. I'm also the one who said the spread was wrong and moved in the wrong direction.

There it is folks. I had under 3 hours after the game before Whaler11 would blow his own horn on how close the game would be.

The over/under was 4 hours and I took the under.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's the wrong take.

Michigan didn't run out on the field and look bad all on their lonesome - there was a defense on the field that helped them look that awful.

It was a good effort, but a wasted opportunity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
....and yet we still almost won. You know damn well we are not a better team than Michigan, at least at the major skill positions.

Our team is spiraling downward, we lost our best offensive threat, our starting right tackle, our starting LB and there are not too many people in the state of CT that believe PP will be back next year, including most of the team I'm sure....yet

This team came out during primetime on national TV against the winningest program in college football history and bled Husky Blue for 60 minutes. They have no business winning this game, for the reasons you mentioned, and more and yet they almost did it.

You know better but you decided you needed some attention so you'd post something that would draw attention. Good job, Waylon.

I know better than what? That when you have a two touchdown lead at home in the second half you don't pat yourself on the back when you lose?

You can keep calling me Waylon. He wants to shut down the program to play St John's in basketball. I think when you are up two touchdowns at home in the second half you shouldn't be proud of losing. That doesn't seem similar to me - but you are happy after losing that game so I understand how you can't see that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There it is folks. I had under 3 hours after the game before Whaler11 would blow his own horn on how close the game would be.

The over/under was 4 hours and I took the under.

Yet I only did it when someone posted I said the opposite. Yeah I'm right a hell of a lot of the time - that I predict things people don't like doesn't really bother me.

Reaction Score
It's the wrong take.

Michigan didn't run out on the field and look bad all on their lonesome - there was a defense on the field that helped them look that awful.

It was a good effort, but a wasted opportunity.

I've grown accustomed to wasted opporunities with this staff. There was the very first game against Vandy. Win that go bowling. There was Western Michigan at Home. There was Temple at home and Western Michigan on the road last year. Win any of those games the last two years and we go bowling. Wasted opportunities is what this staff is all about sadly.

Reaction Score
I've grown accustomed to wasted opporunities with this staff. There was the very first game against Vandy. Win that go bowling. There was Western Michigan at Home. There was Temple at home and Western Michigan on the road last year. Win any of those games the last two years and we go bowling. Wasted opportunities is what this staff is all about sadly.

eeeexxxactly which is why I'm not happy with this game our offense gave it away

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Three years of doing just enough to lose. I guess it takes me a little longer to come to grips with it being acceptable. Can't wait until they dump a game to Buffalo, South Florida or Memphis - just as long as they tried.

Reaction Score
Not acceptable. They have to go. It is beyond obvious at this point. I'm just perplexed this was the same team that lost to Towson. I'm watching the replay now. We were not physically overmatched in this game. We coughed it up, which is what this staff is best at.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The coaching staff sucks balls. They need to be fired.

I think we're all starting from that common jumping off point.

Reaction Score
I know better than what? That when you have a two touchdown lead at home in the second half you don't pat yourself on the back when you lose?

You can keep calling me Waylon. He wants to shut down the program to play St John's in basketball. I think when you are up two touchdowns at home in the second half you shouldn't be proud of losing. That doesn't seem similar to me - but you are happy after losing that game so I understand how you can't see that.

It's called perspective. Some people on here have it and some don't. If you put things in perspective, where the team has been, where it looked to be headed and all the pomp and circumstance surrounding the game....

We had no business being in the lead. In some areas we played better than Michigan but our team is not as good as they are. If we played them 10 times, maybe we win 1 or 2.

We got much more than we could ever have bargained for. Life will be full of disappointments for people unless you have perspective.

I am not happy with a loss. I am happy that for the first time in forever I saw a real exciting football with a full and loud stadium from beginning to end. Against a very storied program on ABC.

You see those are some of the things we've been crying about on here. It was electric all night. We've been wishing for that forever. I'm not going to let it slip away.

Beats the hell out of getting beat 76-0 and 77-7 and 72-0. Tough day for some teams. Many thought we were heading that way. Except for you of course. Good job.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The coaching staff sucks balls. They need to be fired.

I think we're all starting from that common jumping off point.

And in all likelihood, they will not be retained. So being mad at the outcome from the perspective of it somehow changing PPs future in any meaningful way is misguided.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Should have won this game. Up 21-7 late and place going absolutely bananas...you have to find a way to get that W. We handed this game away to them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's called perspective. Some people on here have it and some don't. If you put things in perspective, where the team has been, where it looked to be headed and all the pomp and circumstance surrounding the game....

We had no business being in the lead. In some areas we played better than Michigan but our team is not as good as they are. If we played them 10 times, maybe we win 1 or 2.

We got much more than we could ever have bargained for. Life will be full of disappointments for people unless you have perspective.

I am not happy with a loss. I am happy that for the first time in forever I saw a real exciting football with a full and loud stadium from beginning to end. Against a very storied program on ABC.

You see those are some of the things we've been crying about on here. It was electric all night. We've been wishing for that forever. I'm not going to let it slip away.

Beats the hell out of getting beat 76-0 and 77-7 and 72-0. Tough day for some teams. Many thought we were heading that way. Except for you of course. Good job.

It's like you want me to apologize for realizing that Michigan isn't all that good.

Sorry for thinking UConn could compete with an overrated team at home. I should be ashamed for not cowering in fear because their uniforms say Michigan on them.

I'm also sorry for thinking when you are up two touchdowns in the third quarter at home with all the momentum it's unacceptable to p!ss it away.

I'm sure there will plenty of opportunities to play major programs at home on ABC. I'm sure they'll convert next time!

Next time I'll just expect to lose in situations like this and then I can join in the towel snapping.

Reaction Score
Defense played their hearts out....too bad they were on the field for 36 minutes to the offenses 24 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom