OT: What's ur Favorite Album ever? Need a pic! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What's ur Favorite Album ever? Need a pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ffldcnty, you beat me to Whos Next by 4 minutes, great choice. I'm impressed by people's selections here like Steel Pulse True Democracy, VH1 and other albums that might be a little off the radar now. I'm on an iPad so I can't add the picture now, but I think Hot Rocks by the stones deserves some mention too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Raising Hell

Licensed To Ill
images

Reaction Score
FlaHusky - The Stones' "Hot Rocks" was the "must have" LP when I was in high school in the late '70's/early '80's...That brings up another question...in these "best LP" lists, do greatest hits and live albums count??... since they are collections of the group's (supposed) best material...I guess in this case it's just "fave album", so that's different.

Reaction Score
led_zeppelin_houses_of_the_holy_avant.jpg

51N45H6VZFL._SS500_.jpg

2 of the best of all time............with Zeppy edging out the Bros............H of H loaded with solid rock greats throughout the album and Eat a Peach also just consistently brings out AB's best tunes of all time without skipping a beat. 2 of my fav's easily..............lots of other pretty good ones especially Traffic!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A bunch of my favorites are already listed including Appetite for Destruction, Houses of the Holy, Eat A Peach, License to Ill, Wish You Were Her and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (Although I think Siamese Dream is better).

Here's two more of my favorites.

U2 at their best

and

Stones at their best.

Guess I have a soft spot for British Isles bands meshing with American rock, blues, country and soul.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As fasr as Hot Rocks, can a complilation album qualify?

There absolutely are a few however (previously noted Exile, Beggar's Banquet, Black & Blue) that warrant consideration.

By the way, Revolver by the Beatles was a great call! The Traffic mentions were great as well but John Barleycorn needed to be included.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
220px-DisraeliGears.jpg
220px-LaylaCover.jpg
A couple more that haven't been mentioned:

Reaction Score
husky99 - I own a grand total of 4 rap CD's. All 4 by the Beastie Boys. "Paul's Boutique" reportedly contains 105 samples of other songs.

Bboys put on a great show, seen them with 80,000 all the way to 3,000 at the roseland in nyc...

They do not get enough credit for their impact on hip hop from the late 80,s to the late 90's.

Reaction Score
I am pleasantly surprised by the age of my fellow Boneyarders. Would like some younger perspective also

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Then there's the best album art which is a dying age,

Somehow I think Roger Dean is the guy. His influence on \Avatar' as in the Yes "Roundabout" line "In and Around the Lake...Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there" was one of Cameron's great rips for the film.

i_avatar1.jpg

deano-3-300x214.jpg

Then there's that whole "Blue Tail, Tail Fly, Glider" ending at the end of Siberian Khatru and the fascination with dragonfly influenced bio mechanical imagery on the inner cover art for the Roger Dean 'Yes' covers and that whole "Tales from Topographic Oceans" thing.

Dean's art gallery

http://www.rogerdean.com/gallery/paintings.html

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I am pleasantly surprised by the age of my fellow Boneyarders. Would like some younger perspective also
I'm currently a student at UConn but I guess I didn't really do much to provide any newer albums. LZ4 is a great album. Powerslave is possibly the best metal album of all time although Number of the Beast gives it a run for its money as well. The third I posted is actually a modern album, Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold. The band transitions from metal towards more of a hard rock sound. It's really an amazing album.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
To show my age, I still view the grunge movement as new even though we are twenty years after the fact.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Robert_Palmer_Sneakin_Sally.jpg
Back on topic, here's an often overlooked album performed by someone who later in his career ironically had more commercial success than he likely warranted. Most of his better work occurred when commercial success eluded him.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Speaking of grunge type music

220px-Stonetemplepilotscore.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As far as recent albums - I love the new Foo Fighters effort. Outstanding. I saw some grunge references and this is not that. Just really good rock songs. I was never a huge Nirvana fan although I don't hate them either - surprised no one has listed them yet.

Foo_Fighters_Wasting_Light_Album_Cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99