What's the point? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's the point?

Reaction Score
We knew the defense was going to collapse and shot blockers were going to come on the drives. Needed to hit the offensive boards, alley to the shotblockers guy, and/or kick out to shooters when they rotate.
How do posters not understand this?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You fight and scrap for 46 minutes every game and then give it to AG and CV to go 1 on 5. Same script every single game for years. What's the point of all that wasted energy when you give them the same keys to crash the car every single time. You will never ever get a different result.
As consistent as you are.
If change was so easy, everybody'd be doin' it.
Just sayin'

Reaction Score
You fight and scrap for 36 minutes every game and then give it to AG and CV to go 1 on 5. Same script every single game for years. What's the point of all that wasted energy when you give them the same keys to crash the car every single time. You will never ever get a different result.

The point is the Young bucks are getting game experience for most of the game. And besides the Young bucks aren't shooting much better so put it in the hands of more seasoned guys. Makes sense to me. I'm also two days deep into hydrocodone after knee surgery....

Reaction Score
You fight and scrap for 36 minutes every game and then give it to AG and CV to go 1 on 5. Same script every single game for years. What's the point of all that wasted energy when you give them the same keys to crash the car every single time. You will never ever get a different result.
Yeah because Gaffney was soooooo much better today. Get a grip.

Reaction Score
As consistent as you are.
If change was so easy, everybody'd be doin' it.
Just sayin'
I'll always be consistent on bad basketball. Half the board was telling me off for a year when I was telling them Ollie has to go. I'll take it again when I keep telling posters we will lose every game we are position to win with 4 minutes left if AG and CV are the guys. I can't imagine Hurley is telling them to do what they do but he gives them the keys every time in this position and we lose every time.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
It's almost as if a coach should see the deference of other players and do something about it.

And when they defer to Gaffney you get the last play before halftime or the late drive into precious that had literally zero chance.

At least Al’s late drive was a decent shot. In the very least when the center comes to help if UConn had a better front court that gets cleaned up and put in.

Gaffney shows signs, and will be a big part of the future, but he didn’t look anywhere near ready to be a big part of the present in this game

Reaction Score
It wasn't all them today. Akok and Bouk missed shots down the stretch too. And Carlton is . . . Carlton.
Akok disappeared today. Gaffney laid an egg. Bouknight tried to make things happen along with Vital and Gilbert.

Reaction Score
I'll always be consistent on bad basketball. Half the board was telling me off for a year when I was telling them Ollie has to go. I'll take it again when I keep telling posters we will lose every game we are position to win with 4 minutes left if AG and CV are the guys. I can't imagine Hurley is telling them to do what they do but he gives them the keys every time in this position and we lose every time.
We should take both of them out and play 3 on 5! We are only going to lose anyway correct?

Reaction Score
What don't you get about trying the same exact thing at the end of every game and it not working every game?
Who else are you going to put in coach? Gaffney didn't do a damn thing today. NOTHING. I stick with my veteran players in that situation. I really don't care what you have to say.

Reaction Score
It wasn't all them today. Akok and Bouk missed shots down the stretch too. And Carlton is . . . Carlton.
It wasn't Akok's day from the beginning. That happen's. He will be better.

Reaction Score
Akok disappeared today. Gaffney laid an egg. Bouknight tried to make things happen along with Vital and Gilbert.
I think physically they were pretty much overmatched. The Memphis guys were bigger and stronger for the most part. Always seems like men against boys.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What don't you get about trying the same exact thing at the end of every game and it not working every game?

The problem then is his only option would be to bench AG at the end - in which case you’re asking for the team to just turn the ball over. Gaffney very clearly is not comfortable enough to have the ball in his hands in a tight game. Hell he wants to get the ball out before he gets to half court.

Gilbert is quite literally the only guy that can take is man off the dribble. The only guard that puts space between his defender because they have to respect his handle and the drive. It’s what he does after breaking his man down that is his biggest weakness. But the fact of it is that he’s the only one.

When we had a guy that could break you down and then know what to do with the ball is when we won these types of games. Hurley desperately needs that from Cole, Bouk or Gaffney next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom