What's the point? | The Boneyard

What's the point?

Reaction Score
You fight and scrap for 36 minutes every game and then give it to AG and CV to go 1 on 5. Same script every single game for years. What's the point of all that wasted energy when you give them the same keys to crash the car every single time. You will never ever get a different result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You fight and scrap for 46 minutes every game and then give it to AG and CV to go 1 on 5. Same script every single game for years. What's the point of all that wasted energy when you give them the same keys to crash the car every single time. You will never ever get a different result.
Sometimes I think you don’t watch the games and just have a blind hatred. It was not 1 on 5. They ran sets, the team passed the ball, the players all defer to AG and CV at closing time. As much blame as CV and AG deserve for missing shots the rest of the team deserves equal amounts for playing scared. Hurley deserves the same for designing awful sets.

Reaction Score
Extremely frustrating, but the only answer to this is simply recruiting. As bad as it looks, I still say this team was only one player away. For example, If you take Achiuwa off Memphis and put him on our side, we win this game. I know its all water under the bridge now, but its still frustrating.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hurley's loyalty goes too far. That's my only complaint.

He clearly wanted to show Gilbert that he believes in him, and, of course, he delivered the same result.

After this week, I really really wanted to root hard for Gilbert to finish this year strong... but his final 5 minutes today is making it really really hard to do that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think you don’t watch the games and just have a blind hatred. It was not 1 on 5. They ran sets, the team passed the ball, the players all defer to AG and CV at closing time. As much blame as CV and AG deserve for missing shots the rest of the team deserves equal amounts for playing scared. Hurley deserves the same for designing awful sets.

It's almost as if a coach should see the deference of other players and do something about it.

Reaction Score
Hurley's loyalty goes too far. That's my only complaint.

He clearly wanted to show Gilbert that he believes in him, and, of course, he delivered the same result.
For the life of me, I don't get it. How could Tulsa not have been the breaking point?
Gilbert can give you few minute stretches of good play but to give him carte blanche at the end again is just insanity. I don't care how poorly Gaff played. We know what happens. It's like a horror movie where the person being chased by the killer runs to the basement with no way out. You know what happens every single time.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Gilbert was 4-6 with 12 points with about 8 mins to go and then imploded. He was having a nice bounce back.

The other guys need to want it too but they very obviously defer. Even Bouk does and I feel like he needs to be the most selfish one on the team.

Reaction Score
For the life of me, I don't get it. How could Tulsa not have been the breaking point?
Gilbert can give you few minute stretches of good play but to give him carte blanche at the end again is just insanity. I don't care how poorly Gaff played. We know what happens. It's like a horror movie where the person being chased by the killer runs to the basement with no way out. You know what happens every single time.
I feel like this has to be the breaking point. Stretch of close games and failures, a win against Temple, and then back to a close game and failure. One consistentcy in there

Reaction Score
Vital often receives the ball at the end of the shot clock and has to make a play. There was some screen action for Bouknight and Vital on a couple of those possessions at the end but Bouknight didn’t want the ball or wasn’t aggressive enough off the screens. I agree that at this point, Vital should be the guy you kick it out to, not the guy to put ball in his hands. Bouknight needs to be that guy.
I didn’t think Gilbert did a lot wrong today. Gaffney was pretty bad. He looks so hesitant. He’s like a freshman Craig Austrie with less talent around him. Where is his athleticism? I believe he will be good but he has a long way to go.

Reaction Score
You have no friggin' clue what you're talking about. Vital taking standstill threes with a man in his face early in the shotclock and Gilbert going 1 on 5 into the paint to get swallowed up is not the game plan.

Reaction Score
You have no friggin' clue what you're talking about. Vital taking standstill threes with a man in his face early in the shotclock and Gilbert going 1 on 5 into the paint to get swallowed up is not the game plan.
20 seconds into the shot clock is now early into the shot clock? Just checking.

Reaction Score
We knew the defense was going to collapse and shot blockers were going to come on the drives. Needed to hit the offensive boards, alley to the shotblockers guy, and/or kick out to shooters when they rotate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom