What would Calhoun have done in Joe Pa's situation | The Boneyard

What would Calhoun have done in Joe Pa's situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Say one of JC assistants had done something as bad as Sandusky did that someone witnessed what do you think Calhoun would do? I would have to believe that JC would have had a behind closed door meeting with the asst and squeezed the truth out of him. Knowing coach I bet he breaks something in his office and scares the coach into telling him the truth and bans him from the team, then of course his haters accuse him of being too much of a hard ass, those are my thoughts.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt what JC would have done. Let's just leave the conjecture at that!

Reaction Score
First off, I agree that there is no way of knowing exactly what Calhoun would have done.

At the same time, I think some people are too sympathetic to how "difficult" Paterno's position was. If what McQueary reported to Joe in 2002 was an isolated incident, I would be more likely to give Paterno a little bit of leeway. However, the campus police compiled a 30-page report on Sandusky's relationship with children in 1998, which Paterno must have known about... Really, it is unequivocally clear what Paterno should have done. The fact that Sandusky was allowed to work at Second Mile, a children's charity, for the next eight years is absolutely disgusting.

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun would have cut his gentiles off.
Exactly. We can only speculate on how much Joe Pa knew but the bottom line is he did nothing. The old man is a real piece of

Reaction Score
I haven't been following the case that closely, I just saw that one revolting quote about the guy hearing sex noises and seeing the coach with the boy in the showers.
I think, in judging Paterno, it sort of depends on how explicit and insistent the witness was when he brought his concerns to the coach.
I kind of wonder if it was like "Um coach, I just saw that Sandusky was ducking one of the kids in the shower. Again."
Or if it was more like "Coach, I have serious concerns that Sandusky is spending a little too much time around the boys when they're naked in the shower and...this will sound awful but I suspect (strongly?) he was doing sexual things with one of the kids but I can't be too sure."
Either way, yeah, it's pretty damn awful.

Reaction Score
A Jim Calhoun was involved in the scandal. A janitor by that name was referenced in the grand jury report. He witnessed Sandusky perform oral sex on a young victim in the assistant coach's shower, but did not testify because he is currently in an old person's home suffering from dementia. Calhoun's supervisor testified that he reported the incident to him that night, and was so upset that the rest of his staff thought he was going to have a heart attack. Apparently, a sobbing Calhoun told his supervisor that he was a Korean war veteran, had witnessed multiple war time deaths, and have never seen anything before that bothered him as much. For whatever reason, though, Calhoun did not report the affair to the police. The rest of the mostly temporary staff all feared for their jobs if they went to the university, and so the incident didn't make it to anyone in a position of power at the school (not that it would have made a difference, apparently).

Reaction Score
Are you freaking kidding me with this thread, my only worry would be that Calhoun would kill the assistant before going to the police.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This thread topic is, like, just wow.

He would never hire such a monster.

Reaction Score
yeah stupid thread, and btw, I have to click on whether im sure to like a post? Is this in case I drunk "like" posts?

Reaction Score
What would Calhoun have done in Joe Pa's situation?

Not sure, but if you gave the man 40 years of head coaching at PSU, I'm very confident he'd have several more than 2 NCs.

Reaction Score
This is the most random thread ive ever seen on the boneyard

Reaction Score
I haven't been following the case that closely, I just saw that one revolting quote about the guy hearing sex noises and seeing the coach with the boy in the showers.
I think, in judging Paterno, it sort of depends on how explicit and insistent the witness was when he brought his concerns to the coach.
I kind of wonder if it was like "Um coach, I just saw that Sandusky was ducking one of the kids in the shower. Again."
Or if it was more like "Coach, I have serious concerns that Sandusky is spending a little too much time around the boys when they're naked in the shower and...this will sound awful but I suspect (strongly?) he was doing sexual things with one of the kids but I can't be too sure."
Either way, yeah, it's pretty damn awful.

I hate this thread for one because the incident in Penn State is awful so noone knows how others would react nevermind themselves....I think I know how I would but in the end just making the authorites know is the only "right thing"....despite what you would like to do to the piece of !

Anyway there is no way of giving any leeway to JoePa...he is now a piece of crap also. Just the fact he said "......is should have done more..." and admitted to hearing words like "fondling" and "playing around" when speaking of his coach with young boys tells you all you have to know. He swept it under the fn rug and he now too should be prosecuted as others suffered because of HIM. Not becaue of McQueary who was afraid to do anything after going to his boss because JoePA ran this insane assylum not the university president or anyone else. JoePA should suffer and I hop all of his credibility goes down the fn drain as fast as possible!! Selfish piece of crap!

Reaction Score
Stupid thread and all speculation. Squash this. We can talk about the situation but what somebody would , could , should have done doesn't matter. Too late the nasty thing happened.

Reaction Score
He would have strangled the guy to death with his bare hands, kicked the carcass a couple of times, spit on him and walked away.

Penn State will forever be known as "Kid-Toucher U." It will never go away. How do you fix that?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What if the opening poster was the victim in said scenario? What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom