OT: - What was your most recent random thought? Mines... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: What was your most recent random thought? Mines...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wish the Walmarts and Grocery Stores would go back to being 24hrs. Shopping at 3am can be fun.

1. It‘s a German car so it has a German name
2. My husband’s grandfather, whose parents were born in Germany, was named Otto
3. It’s an auto

With a name like Otto... the car should be Orange. :eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I wish the Walmarts and Grocery Stores would go back to being 24hrs. Shopping at 3am can be fun.

With a name like Otto... the car should be Orange. :eek:
@triaddukefan you DON'T wear orange if you are German. It is the national color of the Netherlands soccer team. My German wife wouldn't let me wear orange while I was stationed in Germany because it would make people think that I was a Netherlands fan. There was no soccer team that I knew of that was more hated then the Netherlands by Germans in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Reaction Score
Everything I’ve read says that as you get older, you are less likely to remember your dreams. The exact opposite is happening to me. And I don’t like it. Last night , I dreamt that I was alone on a pier fishing. Everything was calm. The water was clear, the sky was cloudless. I’m at peace. Then I notice a dark shadow in the water. It’s moving towards me and getting larger. I don’t move, mesmerized. Now, only a few yards from the pier, a huge whale surfaces, puts his head up on the pier, opens up his gigantic mouth…and out comes the Rockettes dancing to ONE, singular sensation from Chorus Line.

Reaction Score
At my age, most of what I think about these days is random. Today's top thought: Does coffee ice cream, my favorite, have caffeine? If not, shouldn't it actually be called de-caf ice cream?

Reaction Score
Everything I’ve read says that as you get older, you are less likely to remember your dreams. The exact opposite is happening to me. And I don’t like it. Last night , I dreamt that I was alone on a pier fishing. Everything was calm. The water was clear, the sky was cloudless. I’m at peace. Then I notice a dark shadow in the water. It’s moving towards me and getting larger. I don’t move, mesmerized. Now, only a few yards from the pier, a huge whale surfaces, puts his head up on the pier, opens up his gigantic mouth…and out comes the Rockettes dancing to ONE, singular sensation from Chorus Line.
That's a hallucination. lol

Reaction Score
When did supposedly educated folk (including newspaper writers and ad designers) suddenly decide that it isn't necessary to spell correctly or use decent grammar? I find at least one (obvious) error in almost every newspaper or magazine I read. And I am only an average speller and I'm not the grammar police, either. But it can be jarring.
KnightBridgeAZ, the question is, Why doesn't the educated folk use the SPELL CHECK which is on every computer when the mistake is underlined?
THE DAY newspaper has so many typographical errors you wonder how they keep their jobs!
The type of error that drives me insane:
Several years ago THE DAY had Wrestling dual match scores listed. One was Killingly 66 / Montville 33. Then the headline over the article read Killingly beats Monville 66-33. The article starts, Montville won the last 6 matches in a row to beat Killingly 66-33, to remain undefeated! Doesn't anyone read the facts before printing the articles?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
OK, oddly enough, I had a dream I remembered last night as well, and no, I don't usually. I worked for Loews Theatres (and successors) and 40 years ago I had a coworker who claimed she had "Loews-mares", hers featuring getting lost in the theatre or getting overrun by patrons. Mine from my later career as an auditor was primarily unique in that it appeared to be set in "Det-ca-ton-ia", i.e. a mash-up of Detroit, Chicago and Boston (where I traveled for business) and Philadelphia (where my wife saw Doctors when we lived in NJ). The dream had something to do with visiting assorted theatres (in Detroit except I was at a location that I know was Chicago) while going out with co-workers at a Boston restaurant between visiting my wife at the Doctors. Weird.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Why are so many people apparently satisfied with waiting in cars in drive-through lane instead of just walking inside to order? Unless disabled, it must be a long time they wait- today at Dunkin Donuts, it must have been a line of 15 vehicles.
There are things you can do in your car that you can't do going into an establishment. If you can't figure some of them out, it doesn't matter. Kids, phone stuff, etc.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Why is the phrase "Not too good", better than "Not too bad"?
the pessimist sez 'not to good' cuz they're always trying to put a damper on things.
the optimist sez 'not too bad' cuz they're always looking for a silver lining.

or mebbe it's the reverse. idk, one of thoz things.
stop asking hard questions. and where's my 'participation trophy?'

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Boxwood is my favorite wood to work. It smells like buttered popcorn when you turn it, and it requires almost no sanding. It's just about shiny when I'm done with the chisel.

For pure beauty, I got a wonderful board of kingwood a few years ago. I got 18 squares out of it, and I'm just about done with them. I haven't found its equal since.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
monsters? boxwood? please stop hijacking this pointless thread. yup, that's the point, it's a pointless thread, and a right fine one, too.
i started out to post that 'what's it all aboot, alfie' tune, a right fine one, as sort of a paen to pointlessness, or say something deep like

“Écrire, c’est une façon de parler sans être interrompu.”​

(Writing is a way to talk without being interrupted. lol)
but i got sidetracked when i quickly learned that, apparently, every singer in the known and unknown worlds has covered it. i like johnny mathis' voice, but when i saw that a lot of other voices that i like also did it, well, too hard, soooooooo, stumbling onto this 'alfie' tune, i quickly learned;
alfie is the singers brother, and she made the tune to push him to get going in life, then
years later, he ends up in that 'game of thrones' thing (know it, hear it, never watched or played it...) as a big tv star, then
gets an emmy/tony/grammy whatever nomination for that.
the tune (and this is the 'clean' version)

diabolical. freakin chucky lives in a pop tune.
(millions and millions of hits across the various versions)
wait, whut were we talking aboot? oh yea, sumthin, sumthin, pointless thread, no...that's not it... oh, right. hijacking a thread. i think.
sure do luv me some apple fritters tho. c'mon, break loose with the juice, bruce. who's holding? just heard today that there's some place on orange street in New Haven that sells them only on fridays....
(edit: definitely not as weird a post as some dude eating cars. with mayo.)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder what's the worse thing that can happen if i drink that bottle of muscle milk that expired 2 years ago? I do have good insurance.

Reaction Score
Maybe a piece of cheese, a Greek yogurt and 20 quick push ups is a better idea?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder what is the worst thing that can happen after ingesting that... I should have googled it before I ate it. Oh boy :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom