OT: - What was your most recent random thought? Mines... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: What was your most recent random thought? Mines...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When did "concerning" replace "is a concern"?
Good question. Merriam-Webster believes it to be 1740. But @meyers7 seems to have a more specific reference as is evidenced in a previous post.

Reaction Score
Sonic is OK, but for a real treat try Culvers butter burgers. Also my favorite is Culvers spicy crispy chicken sammy. :p
What part of the country is Culver's in? Never heard of it. Actually did try Jack in the Box when we were in Cali - that chicken sandwich i had there was amazing!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
What part of the country is Culver's in? Never heard of it. Actually did try Jack in the Box when we were in Cali - that chicken sandwich i had there was amazing!
Culvers started in Wisconsin and has locations in a number of states and towns. When we go to Florida there are locations in and around Sarasota. We lGa. and we have Culvers just a few miles from our house. They are a quality place with prices close to the typical fast food places. They also have the best frozen custard, a true treat.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I get the impression that people think that I love to eat. :confused:
Wherever would they get that idea?

021F3E7F-F4FB-43A3-9A51-7E9663ADE525.jpeg

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is realizing the other person is an idiot.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We also have in Tucson. But I can't get past the name "Butter Burger". I will, however, vouch for their custard as someone else did.

I only used the drive-through and of course it is fast food service, but the look through the windows reminded me a bit of the old chain "Friendly's" (which was sit-down, of course). The local is very busy, long lines.

Reaction Score
When did supposedly educated folk (including newspaper writers and ad designers) suddenly decide that it isn't necessary to spell correctly or use decent grammar? I find at least one (obvious) error in almost every newspaper or magazine I read. And I am only an average speller and I'm not the grammar police, either. But it can be jarring.
And they've increased their errors in the face of spell-checkers.

Reaction Score
Lawdy miss clawdy, last Friday, I was crossing (in a crosswalk) from the first row of parking spaces to the front of the grocery store, when someone makes a left turn, blowing through the stop sign, within the parking lot, doing about 25. Needless to say he didn't have his signal light, which might have given me a clue he'd be barreling in to me. He missed me by a foot or two, only because I jumped back.
Continued speeding down the lot, ignoring other pedestrians, and parked in the fire lane.
Stopping at stop signs in parking lots is optional.

Reaction Score
When i was a kid I had a job working at a Kroger's grocery store. The parking lot was very large, and my first job was collecting the shopping carts that people left here , there , and everywhere throughout the lot. There was a curb that separated the upper and lower lots , and one opening through the curb in a clearly marked space that allowed us to move said carts from the lower lot to the storefront. One evening a lady in a big Caddy came roaring past me and my twenty odd carts, and she turned the corner and drove into the upper lot in search of a parking space near the store entrance. And of course she whipped right into the clearly marked "Do Not Park" spot where I was bound with my line of carts. As she got out I hollered to her to please move, and she just kept going. But I managed to get twenty some carts through the now too narrow gap between the curb and her left fender. Well I pushed twenty some carts down the left side of that Caddy and into the cart row in front of the store. By then it was my break time, and I heard some loud squawking coming from the lot as I sat in the drug store drinking my Coke. I never saw that Caddy in the lot again. Probably not the right thing to do, but it somehow lent a karmic glow to my 15 year old conscience.
"Caddy people" There's a thread waiting to happen.

I was going to make a cartoon one time except I can't draw so I didn't. The first panel was a big, plush car driving rather slowly in the right-hand lane of a multi-lane highway. The caption was the woman in the the passenger seat reminding the man in the driver's seat, "What's wrong, dear, did you forget we're in the Caddy?" The second panel was the same car on the same highway going the same speed but in the left-hand lane.

Caddy people never had any trouble believing they always had the right-of-way. They obviously had something more important to do that you did. They're driving a Caddy for crying out loud!! If you were important you'd be driving one too, but you're not and you aren't. Q.E.D.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this info, but I will not share your answer with my husband. After years of teaching him about "dull in the dark, shiny in the light", I'm not about to retrain him.
"Husband Training" now there's a full-time job! : )

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Stopping at stop signs in parking lots is optional.
So are one-way signs in parking lots... unless the owner has made a dedication to the municipality.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'caddy people?' it's almost 2022, here's what us 'caddy people' roll in. tahoes and yukon denalis, too. u wanna see parking lot jockeys almost get into fist fights everytime over who gets to park it?
2021-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg

buy 'murican. it's the only way to roadtrip it to away games. drivin the Yukon to UConn games is big fun. representing.
(edit: looks like autocorrect flips Y-u-k-o-n to UConn.)

Reaction Score
random thought #2 - when will food packaging people realize that many seniors are having the devil of a time trying to open a package of cheese?
Also, when will food packagers realize that almost every store uses those bar codes for ringing up sales and put the codes, EXTRA LARGE, on every side of the package? Flipping packages around looking for those codes is an unnecessary waste of everyone's time. Wonder why lines at checkout are long? Maybe it's the annoying dearth of bar codes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Do people with obnoxious voices tend to talk loud, or do people who talk loud tend to have obnoxious voices?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom