What was the Boneyard Like? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

What was the Boneyard Like?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I went on a road trip to Philly to see the guys play ‘Nova in the afternoon and the women play ‘Nova in the evening. Brett the list mom was my roomie. Nova fans threw bottles at our bus after the men’s victory, fun times

I was definitely on Brett's list. Still friends with her (and was at UConn). Not sure when I came over to the BY. Sometime before Brett shut he list down, whenever that was. Different handle then though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
P2NkXyJ.jpg

upload_2017-12-12_14-56-5.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Toto site was the best site we had. People weren't anonymous but they were still passionate. Arguments got ugly at times, like siblings arguing, but we all eventually learned to get along. I made some great friends on that site and some of them have since passed away.

One of the older members (Papa K) gave me some sage advice which convinced me to name my first son after my father, who passed away when I was a junior at UConn. Another older member became a good friend who also passed on great advice. His name was Jack Wright. I was very sad when he passed. And then there was Annie. We argued a lot. I don't even remember about what. But then we became friends. Sadly, she passed from cancer. Some of the people from there are still on here. Deadrody and I went to see the UConn/Maryland tournament game in Syracuse. Huskyhawk and I have remained in contact too. I venture to guess there are others here that I just don't know about.

I think the nice thing about that group was that it was a smaller and tighter knit community. When we shared life events, it was very personal.

Those were the days. Still keep up with some of the younger K's. Papa K's grandson Brian K is running the Nashua Craft Beer Cellar. Jack was a treasure. I am not sure how he would have liked the lack of civility in our modern world. Deadrody is friends with one of my UConn roommates, back from the dorm where I met Brett.

Reaction Score
The build up for that game and the aftermath were terrific. The BC posters were, even for them, over-the-top obnoxious. I could be wrong, but I think IAYF banned himself earlier in the season because he had promised to do so if BC lost a conference game that season. When it looked like BC was a lock for BCS bowl, he came back to gloat. He or BCAlum were promising to send "postcards from Tempe" to other posters after BC got the bid to the Fiesta bowl. Instead, the Eagles choked to a Pasqualoni team at home and they ended up in the Tire Bowl. The BC posters disappeared for a month or so, then came back and acted like nothing had happened.

Almost as amusing was the collapse of the 2002-03 BC basketball team. They had beaten UConn convincingly at Gampel earlier in the season and were playing them again in the season finale. The BC posters were confident that their team would win, they would secure first place of the East division of the Big East and they would lock up an NCAA bid. As things played out, the Eagles lost by almost 40, they went 1-1 in the BET and ended up in the NIT.

It's been 13 years, those posters are gone, those boards are gone, but BC has failed to reach a BCS/New Year's 6 or a Final 4 since then.
The build up for that game and the aftermath were terrific. The BC posters were, even for them, over-the-top obnoxious. I could be wrong, but I think IAYF banned himself earlier in the season because he had promised to do so if BC lost a conference game that season. When it looked like BC was a lock for BCS bowl, he came back to gloat. He or BCAlum were promising to send "postcards from Tempe" to other posters after BC got the bid to the Fiesta bowl. Instead, the Eagles choked to a Pasqualoni team at home and they ended up in the Tire Bowl. The BC posters disappeared for a month or so, then came back and acted like nothing had happened.

Almost as amusing was the collapse of the 2002-03 BC basketball team. They had beaten UConn convincingly at Gampel earlier in the season and were playing them again in the season finale. The BC posters were confident that their team would win, they would secure first place of the East division of the Big East and they would lock up an NCAA bid. As things played out, the Eagles lost by almost 40, they went 1-1 in the BET and ended up in the NIT.

It's been 13 years, those posters are gone, those boards are gone, but BC has failed to reach a BCS/New Year's 6 or a Final 4 since then.

Great stuff you posted there and you only touched upon the tip of the iceberg. That was some funny that went on during those boards heyday.

I believe BC tied for first place in the Big East Eastern Division that year and still did not get an invite to the NCAA tournament. Not sure that’s ever happened to a major conference winner before or since...

Reaction Score
Where has @DogMania been?
Contrary to false reports I'm very much alive. There's a new Mrs. DogMania as of last July and moved twice over the past year. A lot going on. Read the board a lot, just haven't been posting very often. Not a lot to be excited about the past couple seasons. Hoping for better days to come and a return to seeing UConn as an elite program.

Reaction Score
Contrary to false reports I'm very much alive. There's a new Mrs. DogMania as of last July and moved twice over the past year. A lot going on. Read the board a lot, just haven't been posting very often. Not a lot to be excited about the past couple seasons. Hoping for better days to come and a return to seeing UConn as an elite program.
The goddess in question is Fortuna. I'm suprised that none of the Machiavelli scholars on the board could answer the query

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The goddess in question is Fortuna. I'm suprised that none of the Machiavelli scholars on the board could answer the query

Welcome back, kids.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got any more warm apple thingy recipes to warm the Boneyard hearts and spirits?

Reaction Score
I remember that. I think he called himself TruthrUconncuences or something stupid like that.

He did bash Uconn every day until those boards ended. I remember he came back years later on another board and basically admitted he had been wrong. He was in a miserable part of his life for those years he was trolling (end of HS/start of college) where he had no friends at either place and then was kicked out of college (largely because of grades) and had to go back home.

He was bullied in real life, sometimes by younger kids in HS and largely ignored in college, and felt his only outlet was to kind of do the same online, by trolling others who had experienced success.

It was kind of a harrowing thread overall, really surreal. Many people bashed him back, some felt sympathy. He admitted that he was interested in talking to a psychologist, not sure he did. Hope he did.

Yes this is about 12+ years ago. I used to be on espn boards and got perma banned a few times from fighting with Truthfuconnesequences. I always thought he was friends with a mod because he repeatedly would get everyones else posts deleted . It was really just me and a few others at the end including him. I was convinced he was a nova fan. He used to piss me off so much. I always wondered where he was from. Its been years since ive seen his posts but from how much he hated uconn, i would have thought he would make several fake accounts on these forums. I found another forum filed with people who used to post on the espn college basketball forum, its a small group and its more just about keeping each other entertained at this point than any real bball talk

Reaction Score
There was a poster on espn boards “allouttnames” i made a board life bet in 2011 that a big east team would outlast an acc team in the tourney. He agreed (he was a maryland fan) and when all ACC teams dropped out he wouldnt leave so i made a more bold statement and said if Uconn wins the tournamemt you have to leave. Sure enough Uconn won, and he stayed for a couple weeks till the other posters tormented him about staying on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom