OT: - What to watch with our 11 yo? | The Boneyard

OT: What to watch with our 11 yo?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I could use some suggestions for movies (or possibly TV series) to watch with our 11 year old daughter while we're cooped up inside. Preferably something available on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Oddly she's not interested in watching old UConn games.

I'm sure there are some great old kid-appropriate movies that I've forgotten about. We've done all of the Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff. Got anything that your kids liked?

Reaction Score
I could use some suggestions for movies (or possibly TV series) to watch with our 11 year old daughter while we're cooped up inside. Preferably something available on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Oddly she's not interested in watching old UConn games.

I'm sure there are some great old kid-appropriate movies that I've forgotten about. We've done all of the Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff. Got anything that your kids liked?

Have you watched a series of unfortunate events on Netflix? Good show for kids and watchable for adults.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know a new movie and season of Shaun The Sheep just dropped. It may be a bit young for her but I'm old and I love it. Shaun saved me from the horrors of Bubble Guppies and Paw Patrol.

Reaction Score
Disney+. Get all the Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies. Should be a week or two before you run the gamut on them.
Ducktales, Talespin and The Simpsons on D+ too. Now you just gotta find Batman: The Animated Series and you’re good! Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, probably not Rick and Morty

Maybe Lost in Space on Netflix as well.

I feel like a lot of those 80’s classics for movies would fit the bill, Indiana Jones’s, Back to the Future’s, Ghostbusters, etc

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Disney+. Get all the Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies. Should be a week or two before you run the gamut on them.
Free year or 6-month subscription for Verizon mobile customers, I believe.

Following up on that offer is yet another thing on my list. I think it lowers my price, and only requires autopayment, which I already do.

Reaction Score
Disney+ is great. I am surprised how much kids like the Marvel movies, even girls. If she liked Star Wars I'm sure she'd like Marvel.

My kids hate older movies. They won't give them a chance, they just say "Dad, this looks really old." and leave the room or try to change it. For some reason, kids in my house hate oldish stuff. I'm not talking about Abbot and Costello old, I'm talking about things from like 2005.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Second the Disney channel. It's perfect for her. I just watched Stargirl, which is a HS coming of age story, which would probably be good for her.

The choices are pretty substantial everything from classic Disney flicks to Disney TV shows to High School Musical made for TV movies.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

Not only a great kids show, just a great show overall. First watched it in my twenties and it quickly became one of my favorite shows ever.

I'm pretty sure it's available on Prime. Be warned, there is a movie masquerading as part of the mythology. Avoid it at all costs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My kids hate older movies. They won't give them a chance, they just say "Dad, this looks really old." and leave the room or try to change it. For some reason, kids in my house hate oldish stuff. I'm not talking about Abbot and Costello old, I'm talking about things from like 2005.
We frequently run into the same issue, with a few exceptions (Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club and a few others). I think the older movies just seem too slow-paced to them now. I think the older movies were more patient and allowed the stories to develop; today's movies seem to be geared towards a much more ADD-inclined audience.

Some good girl-centered ones that we've all enjoyed are Clueless, Legally Blonde and Devil Wears Prada.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"We're watching UConn games or you're going to your room with no phone and no laptop period!"

There - just a dad with a 24 year old boys opinion, run with it. :oops:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fun and interesting for all ages -- "Geography Now' series on you tube. pretty much every country on earth completely covered, and each episode between 10 and 25 minutes. 'Barby,' the host, is a cool dude in a loose mood, along with being a supergenius. here, have sum.
master link

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Little Women? The recent one was really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom