WHAT IS WRONG WITH KML? | The Boneyard

WHAT IS WRONG WITH KML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As of late she has not been playing great. 2011 #1 PLAYER...Are you kidding me!

I've seen to many miss shots the past 3 or 4 games.

Somebody. ..Anybody has an answer?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Nothing.

I personally don't think we have done a good job of getting her the ball. Three times she has been wide open and we cant find her and teams are aware of her shooting. They are face guarding her. She is helping out the team in other ways, assists, rebounds, ect.

Go KML

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The OP's tone may have been a bit harsh, but KML has done very little offensively the last few games. Stewie was in a funk earlier as was MoJett. Both seem to have come out of it. KML now seems to be mired in it. Maybe HF1125 is correct - they aren't getting her the ball in the right spot, or at the right time, but clearly something is ailing her from an offensive perspective....

Reaction Score
Nothing.

I personally don't think we have done a good job of getting her the ball. Three times she has been wide open and we cant find her and teams are aware of her shooting. They are face guarding her. She is helping out the team in other ways, assists, rebounds, ect.

Go KML

That may be true to a degree as it can be at times. But it's definitely not for a lack of shooting. She did take (10) shots making 3 out of 10.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
She usually does so much Gd stuff even when she doesn't have a big scoring game. Today she had a rough game, compared to her normal solid performances, including the low scoring ones. She is in a bit of a funk. And it's not just the scoring. 5-6 players can't all score 20 each game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought StJ did a really good job defending the perimeter and especially KML - and they got out on Moriah a lot more in the second half as well - which opened things up inside for Morgan.
KML has been playing pretty well, just not scoring much. She had a couple of beautiful passes today, played solid on defense, and was generally active - she forced a couple of shots today, but for the most part she just wasn't open.

Reaction Score
I just like to add she is one of my favorite players. I just want for her to be successful & do good (if not every game) at least the majority of them.

I want to see her drafted high once the WNBA draft comes around without hurting her chances of going high.

It is true (as some respectful posters declared) teams will play her extra hard because if she gets going it just makes it even more easy for everyone else. And yes she does do other things even when not scoring.

I would love for her to end her college career making the All American 1st Team again. But these players are groomed well. Team come before personal achievements as it should be. Thanks for the imput board.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I think we should be pleased,that as fans,we are truly blessed,because,even though KML struggled today,and even though Jefferson was over-played in the second half,this team has the talent and depth,to look to someone else,to pick up the slack and raise this team to victory.
Today,it was Morgan,and next time,it might be someone else.
We are spoiled,because if the team doesn't win by 40+ points,we feel there is deep concern.
St.John's,is a good team,and they did enough,whether we agree with their tactics or not,to be in this game for quite a while.
Connecticut still has things to fine tune,to work on.That is why there are practices.However,what is important,besides winning,is the overall goal,which is to be ready and able,to win another trophy.
Geno and the coaches,I am firm to believe,will have this team fine tuned and steam rolling,come March.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I did not realize that St John's defense is so Gd statistically- and they looked it. That program has continued to be excellent since Kim B A left. They played hard for 40 with a very short bench. They really disrupted us for most of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
That girl Grant (?) shadowed the hell out of here - give credit to the defense here the girl worked hard almost as if attached she played so well.

Reaction Score
There's not one player who sets screens the way Stef did. If they're going to face guard Kaleena, people have to set picks to get her open. She contributed in other ways; however, we're not going to win the NC with K scoring in single digits.

Reaction Score
Her shooting stroke hasn't been at its optimum level. She's admitted as much several games ago in a post game interview and is working on it.

And she's being guarded much more closely in recent games so she's doing what is expected at UConn, which is get the ball to one of the other four players to score. And because it is UConn the team isn't really trying at all to get her shots the expectation is that the other players need to score then. If this were an NCAA tournament game then Geno's approach to getting KML shots might be a little different. For right now she's doing the right things and not forcing shots, and her teammates aren't really looking to get her the ball when she does flash or post up.

Reaction Score
The OP's tone may have been a bit harsh, but KML has done very little offensively the last few games. Stewie was in a funk earlier as was MoJett. Both seem to have come out of it. KML now seems to be mired in it. Maybe HF1125 is correct - they aren't getting her the ball in the right spot, or at the right time, but clearly something is ailing her from an offensive perspective....

The team is not effectively setting lots of screens for her which she depends upon, and she doesn't have the foot speed to beat her defender or to shoot off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Thank God Morgan Tuck is healthy this year and Nurse is playing like top 10 player. Else KML's deficiencies by virtue of other teams defense against her would definitely stand out against the team.

Reaction Score
The team is not effectively setting lots of screens for her which she depends upon, and she doesn't have the foot speed to beat her defender or to shoot off the dribble.

Something scouts will definitely take note of & take into account when evaluating her.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think the opposition is trying to take away one of The most important scorers for The Huskies. Face-guarding and doubling her. Basically saying the Huskies will have to beat them with someone else. Plus , KML is one of the easiest scorers on the Huskies to stop. Left alone she scores 15ppg. Trying to stop Stewie or Tuck would be more difficult. MoJeff and Nurse has the ball consistently so stopping them would be tough leaving shooters open. KML is the logical player to target.

It's up to UConn to find ways to get KML open.

Reaction Score
Been thinking ever since last year but didn't wanna say it, but she hasn't been the same player after her injuries. She was really becoming a great all around player and was really taking it to another level. She did say that she had never been injured before, and I think it really took away the momentum that she was building towards becoming maybe top 3 all time player at uconn. Before her injury I wrote in a thread that I would want her over Stewart on my team. Definitely not as aggressive in doing other things besides shooting 3's. Only playing on talent alone and I think the coaches are just accepting that this is who she is at this point which is still pretty awesome.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
That pass was a thing of beauty
And her D has been formidable.

But K is a scorer pure and simple.
And if she's not scoring the queries are legitimate.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Her shooting stroke hasn't been at its optimum level. She's admitted as much. ... and her teammates aren't really looking to get her the ball when she does flash or post up.

THAT is a problem to worry about, because it's something that shouldn't need fixing.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
msf22b said:
That pass was a thing of beauty And her D has been formidable. But K is a scorer pure and simple. And if she's not scoring the queries are legitimate.
Agree. That question is absolutely legitimate. But when you see a pass like that, so is my answer. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
quite a few times when StJ had a fast break, KML was the last one back, and seemed to give up the idea of running back, flattend. Stoke was running faster than she. I know there was a forum/discussion about his fitness. She even had a video clip out there declaring that she is fit. But she just looked sluggish in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom