What if Bouknight adds the “fake floater” to his game in the offseason? | The Boneyard

What if Bouknight adds the “fake floater” to his game in the offseason?

Reaction Score
The cousin to the crab dribble..legal by rule. Do we go undefeated and win the National championship by 30?

Reaction Score
Yup..he just has to pull the refs aside before the game and demonstrate.

Reaction Score
The cousin to the crab dribble..legal by rule. Do we go undefeated and win the National championship by 30?

What's with the crab dribble hate?. It's been legal at least since my dad was playing in the late 60s early 70s.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think this move could revive my own career

1586918419613.gif

Reaction Score
How is that not a travel? He clearly jumps, and takes 2 steps after.
Same reason why James hardens stepback isn’t a travel. I remember watching an espn video on it, I believe it’s because that first step is technically not while he’s holding the ball. Same applies here.

But agreed, college refs will blow this all day. Especially AAC refs

Reaction Score
That's a travel. That's not a step, or a stride, it's a jump. Nobody steps or runs like that, just because he's gathering the ball, doesn't mean he isn't jumping,

It's a jump stop without the stop, and instead two additional steps. It's a travel.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
So this is essentially arguing that an up-and-down is no longer a travel as long as you launch of the planted foot, which is incredibly untrue. This will get called every time.

1586958773285.png

^This is an up-and-down, not a step. Dude is in the air.

Reaction Score
So this is essentially arguing that an up-and-down is no longer a travel as long as you launch of the planted foot, which is incredibly untrue. This will get called every time.

View attachment 53091

^This is an up-and-down, not a step. Dude is in the air.

If you were to take a screen shot mid “euro step” wouldn’t it look similar?

Reaction Score
The "gather" step is the first post dribble pivot foot. Period. You are allowed a second pivot foot. Which is the foot he lands on after the hop. At that point he out of pivots. When he lands on the third step he has moved his pivot foot and established a new pivot. Even worse, he moves the third pivot before the shot. This is not legal. It may be allowed but it isn't legal using the rules.

The question is whether his first step occurs before or after finishing his dribble? Since he is pushing off the first pivot and continuing to a shooting motion, I would contend he cannot be dribbling.

Reaction Score
Legal in the NBA because they allow the gather step. Not legal at any level below that (except FIBA). As mentioned, the player's pivot foot is the left foot when the dribble ends (two hands on ball ends the dribble). As soon as the left foot returns back to the floor, a travel would be the correct call. The jump from left foot to right foot is perfectly legal.

Reaction Score
The "gather" step is the first post dribble pivot foot. Period. You are allowed a second pivot foot. Which is the foot he lands on after the hop. At that point he out of pivots. When he lands on the third step he has moved his pivot foot and established a new pivot. Even worse, he moves the third pivot before the shot. This is not legal. It may be allowed but it isn't legal using the rules.

The question is whether his first step occurs before or after finishing his dribble? Since he is pushing off the first pivot and continuing to a shooting motion, I would contend he cannot be dribbling.

To me, in the video it’s pretty clear he’s gathering the ball after the first/launch step is planted, so he gets two more steps. What he does after the plant foot doesn’t change when the gather happens.

Think about it, at the moment in time the foot is planted, he could still go into another dribble. You can’t go back in time and declare that he actually had already gathered the ball depending on what he does next.

Reaction Score
Think about it, at the moment in time the foot is planted, he could still go into another dribble. You can’t go back in time and declare that he actually had already gathered the ball depending on what he does next.

I don't think so, he puts two hands on the ball with the foot still on the floor. So he couldn't continue the dribble.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This looks like the move Kemba used on his game winner vs Nova on MLK in 2011
Which I always felt looked like a travel

Reaction Score
It's a travel all day plain and simple. And so is every step back by Harden no denying it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom