What if Bouknight adds the “fake floater” to his game in the offseason? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What if Bouknight adds the “fake floater” to his game in the offseason?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't think so, he puts two hands on the ball with the foot still on the floor. So he couldn't continue the dribble.
Yeah but when his foot is first planted he doesn’t have two hands on the ball. He gathers it after the foot is planted, so he gets two more steps.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It's a travel all day plain and simple. And so is every step back by Harden no denying it.

CV got upset when he got called for a travel on the Harden move this year. But it is a travel.

Reaction Score
It's a travel where I come from. If you land with 2 feet, like a brief hop step, you might get away with one more gather step - but what the video shows is utterly ridiculous and an absolute travel.

Reaction Score
You have to push the envelope. Many haterz (including billy packer) accused Chris Smith of carrying on his cross over.

That is true, but you have to remember, Billy Packer was not the most objective announcer ever, that is for sure. His disdain for all things UCONN goes back in time prior to his announcing of the 1999 National Championship game.

Reaction Score
maybe i am old school , but when he goes up ,and then comes down and still has the ball that is called a violation. unless the law of gravity is repealed this is a travel

Reaction Score
That move is corny !!!! I feel like I’m at the local Y playing against a 70-year-old with high booty shorts.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don’t care if it’s legal or not this will be called a travel in college ball

If there’s a 1-2 it’s illegal in CBB, by rule. By application is a separate issue.

Jalen stole a lot of extra steps on drives That didn’t get called by being so quick with it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Legal in the NBA because they allow the gather step. Not legal at any level below that (except FIBA). As mentioned, the player's pivot foot is the left foot when the dribble ends (two hands on ball ends the dribble). As soon as the left foot returns back to the floor, a travel would be the correct call. The jump from left foot to right foot is perfectly legal.

NBA and fiba rules are so terrible.

Reaction Score
maybe i am old school , but when he goes up ,and then comes down and still has the ball that is called a violation. unless the law of gravity is repealed this is a travel

All that matters is whether or not his pivot foot returns to the floor (NBA/FIBA is different with their rule about the gather or zero step). I've officiated a lot of basketball and seen a lot of "weird" things. Just because it looks weird does not mean it is a violation. If he went up for the layup off his right foot, it's a legal play, because the pivot foot never returned to the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom