What does this staff do during the week? | The Boneyard

What does this staff do during the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Has the team improved as the season went on? No.

Have the players improved? No.

Has the bench coaching improved? No.

Feel free to post three dozen "remember 2014" threads, pound your chests after we beat UCF or maybe just convince yourself that 20 wins and 11-7 in this s--- show of a conference is fine, but good god, there is something wrong in Storrs.

This is the sixth-best team in the AAC. In the three years we've been in this conference, we've yet to finish ahead of SMU or Cincinnati. Forget winning the conference, we're yet to finish within three games of the top spot.

Train is going in the wrong direction. Tonight isn't an exception, it's the rule - I knew we'd get run because SMU is better coached, more determined and they'd crack our team the way they normally do.

"But recruiting rankings!" Count those chickens when they hatch and play well in a UConn uniform.

In the interim, things have to change before next season - new blood needed on the bench. Check our record against the better teams in the conference over three years and tell me that Ollie, Hobbs and Miller are getting it done. If Ollie's the man, and his contract and salary say he is, it's time to stop using the bench next to him as a retirement home for former UConn grads easing toward the sunset.

Reaction Score
We have 4 Championships so we are much better than Kansas.

Reaction Score
I think they spend an inordinate about of time on the old 646

Reaction Score
We also have a lot of Championship Banners (including ladies).

Reaction Score
They stand around and watch Gibbs heave 35 footers same things they do on game night.

Reaction Score
Next year is a make or break year for KO. No excuses. He has DHAM and AB(not sure if that is good) coming back and great recruiting class. No reason why we can't at least make the tourney. I hope SE is our starting center next year though. I can't stand seeing AB as our starting center.

Reaction Score
I still maintain that talent is the bigger problem than KO but this has been a disastrous end to the season. That being said, some teams are simply hopeless. We saw it twice at the end of JC's career (2010 & 2012), even he wasn't immune to it. Even he couldn't reach certain teams.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
To start the year, our offense was pretty impressive and our defense was lackluster (remember, we were averaging over 8- pts/gm before conference play).

As the season went on, our offense regressed and our defense improved.

Somehow, once we got back Brimah from injury, our defense got worse and our offense continued to regress.

At some point or another, you have to stop pointing fingers at the players. Although Fishy is blaming the OTHERS on the bench, I'm putting a lot on KO as well. He's regressed as a head coach.

Reaction Score
Bench everyone who slacked last two games. Lose to UCF. Go into the AAC tourney with some appreciation and desperation. Psychotic yes. Situation unfathomable at start of this campaign

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Well, that was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
What did UConn fans expect tonight????

Did you read the Dallas newspapers????

We expected to be in a rodeo and instead we where made to play basketball.

Reaction Score
I still maintain that talent is the bigger problem than KO but this has been a disastrous end to the season. That being said, some teams are simply hopeless. We saw it twice at the end of JC's career (2010 & 2012), even he wasn't immune to it. Even he couldn't reach certain teams.
Yeah because the 2012 teams issue was talent. Shabazz, Drummond, lamb, boat, roscoe, oriakhi....those guys sucked

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
KO has robbed the university of 6 million dollars. Hasn't earned a penny since the championship run.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You really just said 2012?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And in chemistry and iq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3