OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just went to highland park In Glastonbury and they have tons of cleaning supplies but no Tyler Phommachanh. I keep buying stuff that will probably go bad :shrugemoji:

Reaction Score
If hospitals are full of coronavirus patients, there's not a lot of room for 20-somethings who just got into a car wreck.

Or anyone else.
Doesn't this seem like war time scenario, but the war is being fought here?

The experts are saying our hospitals will be overrun eventually.

Reaction Score
Not taking our spring break trip unless something drastically happens between now and the end of the month.

• My kid's orchestra activity outside of school has been suspended.
  • My other kids swim club cancelled all activities including state (regionals were done a few weeks ago)
  • Kids schools are still in session.
  • Got a temperature scan before entering our office.
  • I have to work from a contingency location on Monday.
  • I have to work from home on Thursday.
  • Other coworkers, depending on the role, have a 2 week on and 2 week off office schedule.
  • Using more sanitizer.

Ugh no March Madness. Does that mean I have to talk to my family now?

Reaction Score
Are you sure I need more than I already have?

I'm always looking for a new shotgun, but my wife thinks I have enough. Perhaps I can tell her that the-boneyard says we should probably all be buying guns. Worth a shot I suppose.
Need something quicker than a shotgun. I was thinking an automatic, possibly even a flamethrower.

Reaction Score
Just went to highland park In Glastonbury and they have tons of cleaning supplies but no Tyler Phommachanh. I keep buying stuff that will probably go bad :shrugemoji:
The Tyler Phommachanh thing is insane honestly. I stopped at dollar tree just for cheap stuff to stash and saw a bunch of Tyler Phommachanh. I got some reserves for family members that might need some. Believe it or not, it's not the sandpaper version like everyone would think. Worst case you can resort to some tissues, paper towels... leaves, pinecones.

Reaction Score
My daughter's boss and coworker went to London last week. Both returned to work Monday, and then told to stay home and self quarantine.

My daughter texted me this afternoon that she is in the ER. She was not feeling well the last few days. She went to the clinic near Boston but they don't have CV test kits, so they sent her to the hospital. She's on a gurney, they said something about admitting, texting me every 3 minutes. Lots of silly stuff (nervousness) but I've got to be a dad. She's 3 hours away and lives alone. Mom doesn't know yet, and she's an extreme worry wart.

My daughter doesn't have a fever, I guess that's great news, right?

Edit: She just texted me that they have a real CV case that's active at the hospital (not her). Its in Burlington MA for anyone near there.
Good luck. I hope she ok

Reaction Score
I am scheduled for vascular surgery next month. There is nothing elective about it. Between now and then, I have to get clearance from a number of doctors, have more blood work done, etc. Despite my age, I was not the least bit concerned about going under the knife again. Needless to say, that attitude and feeling of confidence has changed over the last week or so.

Yale NH just suggested that my Mom’s elective surgery should be delayed, we agreed as she is in the high risk group.

Reaction Score
Doubtful. While avoiding it may be a non-zero reduction in your risk, it's not that far off. If you are in range of someone that has it, you're likely to get it, regardless. And then you'll get better. FACT.
You have such a selfish view. What if you give it to someone who will not, in fact, get better but will die bc of your selfishness and unwillingness to change your behavior for a short time.

That was me being nice. you obviously don’t know the facts. So stop being such an ignorant arrogant dick and stay the away from other people. Given your attitude, that should become a way of life for you.

Reaction Score
The response is not about its impact to healthy individuals. The response is about flattening the curve so that the at-risk population does not totally overwhelm the medical system. Please listen to doctors and experts and give up the tough guy act.
This is exactly the goal...flatten the curve. Issue in Italy is not enough ventilating equipment and the average age of the population effected

Reaction Score
Doesn't this seem like war time scenario, but the war is being fought here?

The experts are saying our hospitals will be overrun eventually.

I’ve been listening to both extreme views from no concern to mass deaths. As with any topic reality is likely in the middle. I’ve stocked up and if I don’t need or use this stuff, I’ll donate it to a food kitchen. So either way I help my family or someone else. This is a risk assessment by me for my family. If the non worry group is wrong and the virus spreads then they will be in a bad spot. Without overdoing it, I’m planning on a potential shut down. If I’m wrong the local food pantry wins. Why risk it? Just don’t freak out yet. Make smart decisions you won’t regret.

Reaction Score
Had a heated argument with my 3 year old daughter pediatrician. She had a 101 fever on Tuesday and they refused to see her unless she and I were tested for Coronavirus. I said there absolutely no reason to be tested for Coronavirus she hasn't left the town we live in for over a week and the closest positive test is Wilton. Next day her fever was at 104 called again they asked if we had been tested yet I told them no but if you refuse to see my daughter and something happens to her you will be hearing from my lawyer. They called me back within a half hour and said they would see her. She has flu strain A just as I told them on the phone that she probably has the flu. But because of their delay we couldn't give her the tamiflu since it had passed the 48 hours. She doing much better today after a rough 3 days

People are acting irrationally everywhere. Its important to control and limit the spread but putting a 3 year at risk is asinine

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I live in mamaroneck ny, and people are totally panicking!

When Sal's Pizza closes, then you'll know the crap has really hit the fan!

(for those who abide by such things, 7.7 on Barstool)

Reaction Score
Good luck. I hope she ok
Thanks, she said she feels okay. She didn't have a fever so she was taking precautions when she felt sick/weak. I hearing a lot of millennials are freaking out over this virus.

Her job just shut down for a couple of weeks, and WFH for everyone. They have a cafeteria, so you know who isn't getting paid.

Same with schools, teachers and admin may get paid, but janitors and cafeteria workers I doubt.

Congress has to do something for those folks.

Reaction Score
Had a heated argument with my 3 year old daughter pediatrician. She had a 101 fever on Tuesday and they refused to see her unless she and I were tested for Coronavirus. I said there absolutely no reason to be tested for Coronavirus she hasn't left the town we live in for over a week and the closest positive test is Wilton. Next day her fever was at 104 called again they asked if we had been tested yet I told them no but if you refuse to see my daughter and something happens to her you will be hearing from my lawyer. They called me back within a half hour and said they would see her. She has flu strain A just as I told them on the phone that she probably has the flu. But because of their delay we couldn't give her the tamiflu since it had passed the 48 hours. She doing much better today after a rough 3 days

People are acting irrationally everywhere. Its important to control and limit the spread but putting a 3 year at risk is asinine

I’m glad she’s feeling better and I’m sorry for your stress. But it’s not irrational to protect healthcare personnel from the virus as we will rely on them to take care of those who do contract the virus. It’s a tricky situation. It’s especially tough in your situation bc there aren’t many tests and even if there were, the processing labs are completely back logged.
Again sorry you and your daughter had to go through that. they should have done a video call/FaceTime.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Thanks, she said she feels okay. She didn't have a fever so she was taking precautions when she felt sick/weak. I hearing a lot of millennials are freaking out over this virus.

Her job just shut down for a couple of weeks, and WFH for everyone. They have a cafeteria, so you know who isn't getting paid.

Same with schools, teachers and admin may get paid, but janitors and cafeteria workers I doubt.

Congress has to do something for those folks.
Yeah janitors, office staff, paras, cafeteria workers aka people who get paid way less than admin and teachers are going to really feel the pinch

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

yeppers, were in round 2 of this years flu. yankee saying, 'flu? 3 days coming, 3 days here, 3 days going..." of course, there are many annoyed at the way past 9 day cough thing (for some, there is a looong cough 'tail' for this version). feed that kid some toast with a good garlic rub, and whatever else it takes to get the child to not only eat it, but enjoy it, too. if nothing else, it will definitely help with the digestive discomfort that sometimes shows up with this flu.

Reaction Score
This is exactly the goal...flatten the curve. Issue in Italy is not enough ventilating equipment and the average age of the population effected
We only have 30,000 ventilators across the country, my friend said CT. can only currently provide 20 tests a day. I've now heard well-credentialed people say they think we're less prepared than Italy, another said we're less prepared than Iran.

Really hope it doesn't explode here but we're clearly woefully unprepared.

Reaction Score
Flying to Boston tonight to do an extraction of my son from Northeastern's campus. Just a matter of time before someone is diagnosed on campus and students are quarantined. A referee at the Northeastern/Hofstra CAA title game just tested positive. Those basketball players have been back on campus since Tuesday night.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've stopped saying, "If it doesn't kill me, it'll make me stronger."

I'm thinking that last Sunday was my last post-exercise sauna, steam, whirlpool sequence for an unknown while; not happy about this.

Replenished meds, filled in food stock, increased hand-washing & accessability of sanitizer.

Made an inventory of out-of-home locations for exercise, culture, spiritual, educational, shopping, and personal care, and thought about which are essential, important, preferred, and optional.

Have had reality testing conversations with trusted friends and family, letting go of need to not sound stupid or uncool. BFD if I exercise extra caution as things sort out.

Look at people, places, and things a little differently.

More concerned that I could transmit to others than be affected myself

Recognize how readily people say that >60 is old, and how readily I say, "Yeah, but that doesn't really apply to me, right?"

Brief update:

Starting Wednesday, every single scheduled gathering option has been canceled or postponed. I got a haircut yesterday, and finished up this round of provisioning.

Walking outdoors is my top form of exercise - neighborhood, hiking trails, beaches.

No shortage of things to do in-home, including long-deferred, "Ya know, someday I should..." stuff, and...so much streaming, LPs, and whatever in between.

Reaction Score
Brief update:

Starting Wednesday, every single scheduled gathering option has been canceled or postponed. I got a haircut yesterday, and finished up this round of provisioning.

Walking outdoors is my top form of exercise - neighborhood, hiking trails, beaches.

No shortage of things to do in-home, including long-deferred, "Ya know, someday I should..." stuff, and...so much streaming, LPs, and whatever in between.
Walking the neighborhood, hiking trails, and beaches is probably the best thing you can do.

Reaction Score
Restaurants in new haven are closing. L'orcio is one that announced they will be closed for a few weeks

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Restaurants in new haven are closing. L'orcio is one that announced they will be closed for a few weeks
Time to grab a pizza?
800 degree oven has to count for something right?

(The extra cautious can sop up their puddled pepperoni grease with a disinfectant wipe.)

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
One thing that is interesting to me is that Rudy Gobert tested positive and so far we only know that one other Jazz player (Mitchell) tested positive. These players would have been in extremely close quarters with each other every day as of late. Does this say anything about the transmission rates? I would have assumed the way people are talking that every player would have tested positive. I would start quarantining, or at least recommending the quarantine now if I were a federal or state official. Let this thing die down. I know you cant trust China with everything but it seems that the quarantine there has slowed the transmission of the coronavirus, and gotten it under control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom