OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 44 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
A Purell alternative, who would have thunk it? At a job site they are transferring to small bottles mixing 1oz with 1/4 cup water.

Just ordered some myself, getting tired of searching for hand sanitizer to no avail. Home Depot had toilet paper and paper towels this morning, brought one package each even though I don't think I'll need it. As usual couple of people tried to get very greedy but were stopped (one roll each per customer).
I was able to order some Amazon brand (Presto!) Tyler Phommachanh yesterday, and got notification today that it shipped. It's all about timing...we're getting low so I was checking a few times per day. For kicks I went back 20 mins after my order and it was out of stock again.

Reaction Score
In other news, I think sober is the new drunk for me. Yesterday was my first day and night with no booze since well before our quarantine/social distancing started. It felt so good that I may do it again today.

I'm going in the opposite direction. Ordinarily I don't drink at all during the week and since the lockdown cocktail hour has been starting earlier and earlier. I'm doing my part to keep our local wine shop in business.

Reaction Score
Connecticut Safe Store Rules

Protecting Employees and Customers
Effective April 3, 2020

Occupancy, store layout, and managing customer flow

• Occupancy capped at 50% of store capacity. At entrance, staff will maintain a count of the number of customers entering and exiting stores.
  • Clearly mark 6’ spacing in lines on floor at checkout lines and other high-traffic areas and, as much as practicable, provide ways to encourage 6’ spacing in lines outside the store.
  • Post conspicuous signage and floor markings to direct customers and limit bottlenecks and/or encourage spacing and flow in high-density areas.
  • Have aisles be one-way in stores where practicable to maximize spacing between customers. Identify the one-way aisles with conspicuous signage and/or floor markings.
  • Maximize space between customers and employees at checkout lines, including, but not limited to, only using every other checkout line, where and when possible.
  • Install Plexiglas shields to separate employees from customers at checkout lines and other areas in the store where practicable.
General

• Communicate with customers through in store signage, and public service announcements and advertisements, there should only be one person per household during shopping trips, whenever possible.
  • Discontinue all self-serve foods (e.g., salad bar, olive bar) and product sampling.
  • Allow “touchless” credit card transactions. If not possible, sanitize credit card machines (including pen) regularly and consistently.
  • Cart and basket handles sanitized between uses (by staff).
  • Wherever possible, employees will wear gloves and face masks at all times that they are interacting with customers and/or handling products.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't mean to get too corny but I have to admit self-isolation for me would be less tolerable if I didn't have Shadow.
View attachment 52555

You named your cat after a dog?
IMG_20200317_074839651~3.jpg

Reaction Score
In other news, I think sober is the new drunk for me. Yesterday was my first day and night with no booze since well before our quarantine/social distancing started. It felt so good that I may do it again today.

In my neighborhood, there's a group of folks that stop into the local tavern every Friday between maybe 5 and 7, say hello, catch up on the going's on, and then get on with the weekend. It's a diverse group, and everyone lives within a few blocks of the tavern. All said, maybe 40 strong. On any given Friday, maybe 10 or 15 will be there. Sometimes my wife and I stop by, sometimes we don't.

Well, since the social distancing thing, they've started a virtual happy hour, only over the last two weeks it's evolved to daily. It's preceded earlier in the day with a virtual group dance party. I've been staying away - for now. But I don't see this ending well.

Reaction Score
In my neighborhood, there's a group of folks that stop into the local tavern every Friday between maybe 5 and 7, say hello, catch up on the going's on, and then get on with the weekend. It's a diverse group, and everyone lives within a few blocks of the tavern. All said, maybe 40 strong. On any given Friday, maybe 10 or 15 will be there. Sometimes my wife and I stop by, sometimes we don't.

Well, since the social distancing thing, they've started a virtual happy hour, only over the last two weeks it's evolved to daily. It's preceded earlier in the day with a virtual group dance party. I've been staying away - for now. But I don't see this ending well.

My practice group at work has been having virtual happy hours on Thursday evenings. It’s been a surprisingly great way to stay in touch. Plus you don’t have to wear pants.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My practice group at work has been having virtual happy hours on Thursday evenings. It’s been a surprisingly great way to stay in touch. Plus you don’t have to wear pants.

Wife and some of her friends have been doing the group video drinks too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm going in the opposite direction. Ordinarily I don't drink at all during the week and since the lockdown cocktail hour has been starting earlier and earlier. I'm doing my part to keep our local wine shop in business.

Pre-social distancing, I tried to limit mid-week drinking, sometimes more successfully than others. Once this insanity started I decided that I wouldn't fight it, figuring that it would help a couple weeks go by easier. After a couple of weeks it started to wear on me, and then I realized it's going to be at least a couple more, so I decided to take a break. Or maybe I needed a break. In any event, day two of sobriety was fine, too, so we'll see how today goes.

The danger of course is that I wait until happy hour on Friday and down my first three drinks so quickly that I am chin-to-chest by 8:00 p.m.

Reaction Score
Dr. Fauci is 79 years old. I didn't know that, he could be my father and looks in better shape than me. With that said this virus could take him out, even if he doesn't have it. Hope he combines rest with his wisdom, our Country needs him right now. His experience and knowledge is rare and needs not easily replaced.

Also at his age he will certainly tell it like it is, unconcerned of retribution. The security detail now assigned to him is so unfortunate, and adds much more stress..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know ex-Navy who is still very much getting all updates. There are 200+ confirmed cases on the USS Roosevelt. A former chief of hers has died at 42. There are multiple 20 year olds on ventilators at the naval hospital.

And the CO gets sacked for going public and blindsiding his chain of command.

Optics don't look good on this. Have a feeling he had been nudging higher ups and didn't like the speed of response. Wouldn't surprise me if he was packing up his belongings right after hitting send on the letter.

Reaction Score
And the CO gets sacked for going public and blindsiding his chain of command.

Optics don't look good on this. Have a feeling he had been nudging higher ups and didn't like the speed of response. Wouldn't surprise me if he was packing up his belongings right after hitting send on the letter.

The safety of those under his command were more important than his career. Lots of bad optics these days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I haven't been feeling it either. Have had wine with dinner from time to time though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The safety of those under his command were more important than his career. Lots of bad optics these days.

I'm not judging either way yet but the timing is interesting. I'd love to have the audio of those conference calls after that letter was published.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I know there have been a bunch of data sources mentioned somewhere, including Nate Silver etc., but i can 't seem to find what I'm looking for. What are you guys using as reliable resources for new daily covid cases etc?

Reaction Score

If you look under the "countries" link it has the usa and state by state information.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom