OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 43 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Theory one: bad guys try to get into a house but can't because all the entry ways (sugar molecules on cell membranes) have guards (hydroxychloriquine). Meanwhile cops (immune cells) are patrolling the area, see the bad guys, cuff them (bind to them) and dump them to, using British history, Australia (remove them from body through our feces or urine). All the bad guys are identical to one another. The cops leave drones in the area that have facial recognition of only those bad guys so when they reappear (as opposed to other bad guys or other viruses) they are targeted well before they get to the entry ways (immunity).

Theory two (the one that frightens me): The bad guys made it into the entryway of the house. Cops (hydroxychloroquine) are sent to the area because of suspicious activity. Bad guys hide in the house and can't be detected (encapsulation). Cops see nothing, are withdrawn from the area (stopping the medication), bad guys make thousands of copies of themselves, destroy the house (infected cell), and invade the neighborhood (adjacent lung cells) without detection (infection). They destroy that neighborhood and want to destroy more. They find planes and trains (small droplets, air parachutes) to other locals (people in contact without immunity).

What frightens me is that in theory two our medical community might believe this group of people are cured instead of carriers. Instead of isolating them until a vaccine could be made or making sure they take medication until a vaccine is made, we may be inadvertently allowing them to infect people who never had the disease. With all the hype over this treatment we could be creating tens of thousands of viral delivery systems.

Wow. I don't remember saying I'm an imbecile, and that I need a Marvel Cinematic Universe translation (which sorta appears to liken AUS to feces and urine). A simpler medical description would be a lot clearer and much more helpful, but thanks.

Reaction Score
I was listening into CCMC’s town hall today. One of their officials said he believed “Connecticut has entered its peak.”

Hartford Hospital’s Chief Clinical person would disagree: “We’re still preparing for the peak that’s been described for Connecticut,” Kumar said. “We’re still not quite there yet, there have been models anywhere from the 15th of April to end of April we could see the surge, but a lot depends on our social distancing, how we work and how we continue to live with that and discipline on that part here.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wow. I don't remember saying I'm an imbecile, and that I need a Marvel Cinematic Universe translation (which sorta appears to liken AUS to feces and urine). A simpler medical description would be a lot clearer and much more helpful, but thanks.
I assure you that was not my intention. I'll try once more but it might help if you ask specific questions.

Swabs are being taken to determine if people have the Covid-19 virus in their nasopharyngeal (nose-throat) passageway. The French and the NY doctor have treated patients who have tested positive with the virus in those passageways. They claim that after administering hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin to people who are infected with the Covid-19 virus they have found complete elimination of the virus in the nasopharyngeal passageways within six days as compared to up to 20 days without those medicines. The French tested the patients every day to determine when patients become virus free in the nasopharyngeal region. I stopped watching the NY doctor video to see if he did testing every day.

The French study eliminated six of the twenty six patients in the medication group. Three of those patients after starting the regimen of medications were admitted to the ICU. A fourth died after receiving medicine for three days. They don't count these patients who obviously still had the virus in their system against their positive nasopharyngeal results. That is why so many researchers are cautious. However the apparent rapid removal of the virus from the other patients is compelling.

I'm using the word apparent because I have some concerns. The absence of the Covid-19 virus in the nasopharyngeal passageway does not not necessarily mean the virus is absent everywhere in the body. Two British researchers hypothesize that when hydroxychloroquine is given to patients it might cause the virus to stop its progression inside infected lung cells. I will state they didn't seemed concerned about this. But it raised a red flag for me.

After a Covid-19 virus attaches to the cell membrane of a lung cell it creates a capsule that enables it to pass through the cell membrane. When this encapsulated virus reaches the intracellular fluid it breaks out of this capsule, makes it's way to the nucleus, penetrates the nuclear membrane and inserts itself into just the right place in the cell's DNA to cause the machinery in the nucleus to stop everything but make thousands of copies of that virus. Those thousands of copies reverse the sequence commando style. They start with rupturing the nuclear membrane cross the intracellular fluid and when they reach the cell membrane they rip it apart in several thousand places causing the death of that cell. Those thousands of viruses then find adjacent cells, attach and start the entire process in each of the cells they come in contact. During these events some free floating viruses reach the nasopharyngeal passageway and if someone tests that individuals nasopharynx they will get a positive test result.

The British researchers believe that hydroxychlorquine elevates the ph in the intracellular fluid. In doing this the encapsulated virus cannot break out of its capsule after crossing the cell membrane when it reaches the intracellular fluid. This stops the progression of the viral cycle I describe in the previous paragraph. So if this hypothesis is correct what happens to the encapsulated viruses when hydroxychloroquine is no longer given to these patients? Does the intracellular ph become acidic again? Is the stalled encapsulated virus in pause mode or permanently encapsulated? If it's in pause then the negative nasopharyngeal test will give testers a false confidence that these patients are no longer infected and may take them off the medicines. These medicines do have potential for serious toxic reactions (blindness, ventricular fibrillation resulting in heart failure).

If you have been following the news, the Chinese researchers were puzzled when a small number of patients who when tested positive in the nasopharyngeal passageway, were quarantined for two weeks, tested negative after those two weeks but came down with flu like symptoms sometime after that negative test. They were then retested and the nasopharyngeal tests came back positive. The Chinese concluded the tests after the 14 days isolation period were inaccurate and the patients were released from isolation too soon. That certainly is possible. I'm offering another possible explanation. Some if not all of those individuals were given hydroxychloroquine. It took a while before the pause mode ended.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I assure you that was not my intention. I'll try once more but it might help if you ask specific questions.

Swabs are being taken to determine if people have the Covid-19 virus in their nasopharyngeal (nose-throat) passageway. The French and the NY doctor have treated patients who have tested positive with the virus in those passageways. They claim that after administering hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin to people who are infected with the Covid-19 virus they have found complete elimination of the virus in the nasopharyngeal passageways within six days as compared to up to 20 days without those medicines. The French tested the patients every day to determine when patients become virus free in the nasopharyngeal region. I stopped watching the NY doctor video to see if he did testing every day.

The French study eliminated six of the twenty six patients in the medication group. Three of those patients after starting the regimen of medications were admitted to the ICU. A fourth died after receiving medicine for three days. They don't count these patients who obviously still had the virus in their system against their positive nasopharyngeal results. That is why so many researchers are cautious. However the apparent rapid removal of the virus from the other patients is compelling.

I'm using the word apparent because I have some concerns. The absence of the Covid-19 virus in the nasopharyngeal passageway does not not necessarily mean the virus is absent everywhere in the body. Two British researchers hypothesize that when hydroxychloroquine is given to patients it might cause the virus to stop its progression inside infected lung cells. I will state they didn't seemed concerned about this. But it raised a red flag for me.

After a Covid-19 virus attaches to the cell membrane of a lung cell it creates a capsule that enables it to pass through the cell membrane. When this encapsulated virus reaches the intracellular fluid it breaks out of this capsule, makes it's way to the nucleus, penetrates the nuclear membrane and inserts itself into just the right place in the cell's DNA to cause the machinery in the nucleus to stop everything but make thousands of copies of that virus. Those thousands of copies reverse the sequence commando style. They start with rupturing the nuclear membrane cross the intracellular fluid and when they reach the cell membrane they rip it apart in several thousand places causing the death of that cell. Those thousands of viruses then find adjacent cells, attach and start the entire process in each of the cells they come in contact. During these events some free floating viruses reach the nasopharyngeal passageway and if someone tests that individuals nasopharynx they will get a positive test result.

The British researchers believe that hydroxychlorquine elevates the ph in the intracellular fluid. In doing this the encapsulated virus cannot break out of its capsule after crossing the cell membrane when it reaches the intracellular fluid. This stops the progression of the viral cycle I describe in the previous paragraph. So if this hypothesis is correct what happens to the encapsulated viruses when hydroxychloroquine is no longer given to these patients? Does the intracellular ph become acidic again? Is the stalled encapsulated virus in pause mode or permanently encapsulated? If it's in pause then the negative nasopharyngeal test will give testers a false confidence that these patients are no longer infected and may take them off the medicines. These medicines do have potential for serious toxic reactions (blindness, ventricular fibrillation resulting in heart failure).

If you have been following the news, the Chinese researchers were puzzled when a small number of patients who when tested positive in the nasopharyngeal passageway, were quarantined for two weeks, tested negative after those two weeks but came down with flu like symptoms sometime after that negative test. They were then retested and the nasopharyngeal tests came back positive. The Chinese concluded the tests after the 14 days isolation period were inaccurate and the patients were released from isolation too soon. That certainly is possible. I'm offering another possible explanation. Some if not all of those individuals were given hydroxychloroquine. It took a while before the pause mode ended.

OK so the first porridge was too hot, the second was too cold, but this porridge is just right. Not really - I like the cops and robbers best.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Thank you! That was very educational. And I was unaware of the Chinese cases that tested positive/negative/positive. I appreciate it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Theory one: bad guys try to get into a house but can't because all the entry ways (sugar molecules on cell membranes) have guards (hydroxychloriquine). Meanwhile cops (immune cells) are patrolling the area, see the bad guys, cuff them (bind to them) and dump them to, using British history, Australia (remove them from body through our feces or urine). All the bad guys are identical to one another. The cops leave drones in the area that have facial recognition of only those bad guys so when they reappear (as opposed to other bad guys or other viruses) they are targeted well before they get to the entry ways (immunity).

Theory two (the one that frightens me): The bad guys made it into the entryway of the house. Cops (hydroxychloroquine) are sent to the area because of suspicious activity. Bad guys hide in the house and can't be detected (encapsulation). Cops see nothing, are withdrawn from the area (stopping the medication), bad guys make thousands of copies of themselves, destroy the house (infected cell), and invade the neighborhood (adjacent lung cells) without detection (infection). They destroy that neighborhood and want to destroy more. They find planes and trains (small droplets, air parachutes) to other locals (people in contact without immunity).

What frightens me is that in theory two our medical community might believe this group of people are cured instead of carriers. Instead of isolating them until a vaccine could be made or making sure they take medication until a vaccine is made, we may be inadvertently allowing them to infect people who never had the disease. With all the hype over this treatment we could be creating tens of thousands of viral delivery systems.
Once the virus is encapsulated, how would it enter a cell? Doesn't it need a compatible receptor to do that? Is a lumbar puncture a part of the treatment?

Reaction Score
What's more important is the learning that has happened since January. Test results have gone from three days to one day, to in some cases a few hours. They are on the verge of a 5-minute test results. That means earlier intervention and less hospitalization. Hospitalization has run between 10 and 20 percent. It also means earlier detection of potential hot spots.

True - but the quicker tests haven't spread across the country yet or are not yet available. One of my teams in Texas - I think they all have it - a fiance of one of my staff had it - my dept head went to the ER last thursday and was tested and she still doesn't know if she has it or not. Probably given the symptoms but it has been 5 days.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't mean to get too corny but I have to admit self-isolation for me would be less tolerable if I didn't have Shadow.
0923191609b_resized.jpg

Reaction Score
True - but the quicker tests haven't spread across the country yet or are not yet available. One of my teams in Texas - I think they all have it - a fiance of one of my staff had it - my dept head went to the ER last thursday and was tested and she still doesn't know if she has it or not. Probably given the symptoms but it has been 5 days.

Dr Brix talked about this. The one day tests are out and available but many states like to only use one platform so they don't use them or are unaware they have them. The 5-minute tests will be in the states this week. Again the question is when the states will use them. They states adapt slowly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Once the virus is encapsulated, how would it enter a cell? Doesn't it need a compatible receptor to do that? Is a lumbar puncture a part of the treatment?
I can't help you with the question regarding lumbar puncture.

This link sending you to a Wikipedia article should help you, @87Xfer, @NJHusky and others. It has diagrams.

Viral Entry

My comments about hydroxchloroquine were based on two researchers in Great Britain who theorize the Sars-CoV-2 virus works by endocytosis. This article says this about a virus entry via endocytosis:

"Viruses with no viral envelope enter the cell through endocytosis; they are ingested by the host cell through the cell membrane. In essence, the virus tricks the cell into thinking that the virus knocking at the door is nothing more than nutrition or harmless goods. A cell, which naturally takes in resources from the environment by attaching goods onto surface receptors and bringing them into the cell, will engulf the virus. Once inside the cell, the virus must now break out of the vesicle by which it was taken up in order to gain access to the cytoplasm. Examples include the poliovirus, Hepatitis C virus[9] and Foot-and-mouth disease virus.[10]

Many enveloped viruses also enter the cell through endocytosis. Entry via the endosome guarantees low pH and exposure to proteases which are needed to open the viral capsid and release the genetic material inside."

I'm postulating that if hydroxychloroquine alters the ph in the cytoplasm the virus will remain within the capsule and not continue it's cycle. I'm concerned with what happens when the medication is stopped.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Governor DeSantis is issuing a stay-at-home order for the next 30 days for Florida. This makes no difference to me since I have no desire to go anywhere since I have become such a germophobe. This order is not that difficult for me since I have no kids and my parents have passed and fortunately I moved out of an apartment late last year. I realize that most people have it much harder.

Reaction Score
A second Chinese study. This one blind with a control group, is showing much more positive from the first Chinese study.

Reaction Score
Cats don't need to walk, they just get upset because the wife and I are suddenly home all day.
Her name is Marain (I have a hard time spelling Meringue, the name my daughter gave her). She never corrects me anyway:

1585768695911.png

Reaction Score

new model says CT peak at April 15th...

And death of a 7 week old baby :(
That's awful and I feel terrible for the family.

However, babies unfortunately can be unresponsive for many reasons. Quite possible the baby was positive for coronavirus, but died for other reasons that had nothing to do with coronavirus.

Regardless, terrible news and I hope you all stay safe and healthy. I'm currently in Day 3 of online teaching and so far so good.

Reaction Score
A Purell alternative, who would have thunk it? At a job site they are transferring to small bottles mixing 1oz with 1/4 cup water.

Just ordered some myself, getting tired of searching for hand sanitizer to no avail. Home Depot had toilet paper and paper towels this morning, brought one package each even though I don't think I'll need it. As usual couple of people tried to get very greedy but were stopped (one roll each per customer).

Claims to be effective on the Virus

1585772311249.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A Purell alternative, who would have thunk it? At a job site they are transferring to small bottles mixing 1oz with 1/4 cup water.

Just ordered some myself, getting tired of searching for hand sanitizer to no avail. Home Depot had toilet paper and paper towels this morning, brought one package each even though I don't think I'll need it. As usual couple of people tried to get very greedy but were stopped (one roll each per customer).

Claims to be effective on the Virus

View attachment 52562

The BARBICIDE® Team on April 1, 2020 at 2:34 pm
Hi Kathy, just a reminder that disinfection is only for non-porous surfaces, not porous things like our hands. We are not labeled for use on the human body and the mixing of chemicals can be dangerous.

Renee Saavedra on March 17, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Since we are having such a bad time finding barbicide or Clorox wipes. Can you recommend a ratio of water to barbicide to use as a spray disinfectant?

The BARBICIDE® Team on March 17, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Yes! 2oz (1/4cup) of Barbicide in 32oz (4 cups) of water makes a spray. The contact time is still 10 minutes and the spray bottle does not need to be made fresh every day since it is a closed container that you are not sticking things into.

Reaction Score
The BARBICIDE® Team on April 1, 2020 at 2:34 pm
Hi Kathy, just a reminder that disinfection is only for non-porous surfaces, not porous things like our hands. We are not labeled for use on the human body and the mixing of chemicals can be dangerous.

Renee Saavedra on March 17, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Since we are having such a bad time finding barbicide or Clorox wipes. Can you recommend a ratio of water to barbicide to use as a spray disinfectant?

The BARBICIDE® Team on March 17, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Yes! 2oz (1/4cup) of Barbicide in 32oz (4 cups) of water makes a spray. The contact time is still 10 minutes and the spray bottle does not need to be made fresh every day since it is a closed container that you are not sticking things into.

Thanks for the clarification, although I still might dash a lil on my hands in emergency.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In other news, I think sober is the new drunk for me. Yesterday was my first day and night with no booze since well before our quarantine/social distancing started. It felt so good that I may do it again today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom