What are you most excited to see this coming season? | The Boneyard

What are you most excited to see this coming season?

What are you most looking forward to seeing this coming season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You could literally make a list a mile long, and discuss things about each individual player, but for me it's improvement or changes I hope to see from several players... Hard to pick just one. So many fun things to look out for this coming year...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How can you not have an option for Stewie? I would think most fans want to see if Stewie can play at the same level she did during the Tournament for a Full Year. If she does, how will voters determine who the best player in the country is.

Reaction Score
The most exciting thing for me is last year's freshman class as a whole, how they develop. I can easily imagine them hitting "monster class" status this year as sophs. I'm the most nervous about BB, because you never really know how a player will come back from an ACL. As with the Lady KG, the strength of Brianna's game is based in athletic explosiveness, and it seems to me it took Kalana two years to fully regain her form.

Reaction Score
My other vote was for Saniya proving she is one of the top freshmen. It would be one thing if all she did was score by shooting three pointers. However, she can shoot the three, pull up for two, drive to the basket, shoot free throws, block shots, steal the ball, and pass with a vision that few possess. A star on the rise is what Saniya will be. Breanna and Morgan showed what types of players they are. No surprises there.

Reaction Score
The most exciting is to see the growth of Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff. It was said that the most players improve is from Freshmen to Sophmore so hopefully will see it with those 3.
It will almost as exciting to see how will Bria get back to AA status, Dolson dominate, KML becomes the top player in WBB, Kiah reach her immense potential, BB recover fully, and Chong proves that she is a real playmaker :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Definitely 'Other' - Uconn playing in TN and whupping some ___!!! comes in tied with 'Geno holding up 8 fingers and one thumb!'
On everything else I am a team player and individual accomplishments and accolades mean little to me! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm most anticipating to see if Kiah Stokes' mentality can match her obvious physical gifts. She, IMO, has a chance to be a stud. She is so big and athletic.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
39-0 and a national championship. I'm chomping at the bit to see that.

I'm also really intrigued as to how good KML will be this upcoming season. She could become the #1 all-time UConn three-pointer by her junior season's end.

Reaction Score
What DAVID and CF said (they beat me to it as I was engaged with another thread): all the above and even more including Jefferson, etc etc.

Also what KIB said and similarly beat me to: good health for all, including the Yarders.

Reaction Score
Other.........Stewart dominate.

Then in order...

KML
Kiah
Tuck
Banks
Bria
Chong

but don't hold me to it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm with Bart. Not sure if "excited"is the right word, but I would be most pleased if Kiah plays to her potential consistently. To me, she can be a stud, an AA, and a very high draft pick. I think that's the top personal story.

Others include:

Stef and Bria going out with a second title and second AA selections for a nice legacy.

Speaking of legacies, Kaleena becoming arguably the best shooter ever and moving to the top echelon of Huskies.

Morgan solidifying her role as the team rock.

Stewie doing things we've never seen before. Game after game.

Moriah establishing herself as a possible 3x Lieberman Award winner.

Brianna picking up where she left off.

Saniya making a total mockery of anyone who didn't have her in the top 5, let alone top 50.

Reaction Score
I voted other :rolleyes:

DOOKIE: hitchhike up here and we'll get you a waiter's job in Geno's restaurant. Would that be pretty close to what would make you most excited next season?

Just pulling your leg...have a lot of respect for your school.....and one of my closest life-long friends, Captain of our high school team, went down there and played for the Blue Devils.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The most exciting thing for me is last year's freshman class as a whole, how they develop. I can easily imagine them hitting "monster class" status this year as sophs. I'm the most nervous about BB, because you never really know how a player will come back from an ACL. As with the Lady KG, the strength of Brianna's game is based in athletic explosiveness, and it seems to me it took Kalana two years to fully regain her form.
Rocky- you are right on all counts re BB and KG! KG worked on her offensive game that finl yr and it really paid off for her and UC!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm most anticipating to see if Kiah Stokes' mentality can match her obvious physical gifts. She, IMO, has a chance to be a stud. She is so big and athletic.
She has got to decide she wants to do it! She also has to work on her offense big time!!!!! Better touch shooting/mid range jumper, and any moves around the hoop like some baby hooks with both hands. M Tuck is going to make big time minutes in big time games difficult for Kiah. And I love Kiah and she is gifted!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I read somewhere we play up to 40 games this year. So, national championship (40-0).

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This is basically impossible to answer just using these choices.

All the players mentioned from last year performed as stated by Eric in some games, I know what that looks like and can be pretty certain will will see more of it.

Bt I have no idea how Chong will play, fit in, adjust. So I guess I am looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Reaction Score
You could literally make a list a mile long, and discuss things about each individual player, but for me it's improvement or changes I hope to see from several players... Hard to pick just one. So many fun things to look out for this coming year...
I think if Kia Stokes becomes the player everyone feels she can be, this UConn team will be virtually unstoppable. She's a good rebounder, a great shot blocker and would spend a lot more time on the court if her offense improved. Hard work and a clear head are what she needs and hopefully are what she's preparing to do. She has shown flashed of being a Monster Player. I hope we get to see it this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For me I'm looking forward to Wilson and Calhoun verb ling to UConn along with a couple of bigs from the following class announcing they are interested in UConn. Our team is by far the best in WCBB. Undefeated this season and next for sure. We not only out talent our opponent's, we have better athletes and better defense coupled with height. We have 3 go to players maybe 4 and 3-4 AAs. Yes I'm looking forward to the improvement in every player. This will be the greatest team Geno has ever had. Yes imo better then TASS.

Reaction Score
On the recruiting front I'm with Tony in hoping that UCONN receives a verbal from both Wilson and Calhoun. I also can't wait to see the improvement of last years freshmen. This year I also can't wait to see the improvement of KML(if thats possible), Bria Hartley's return to the way she played her first two years, and the improvement of Kiah Stokes to a top five center. On the injury front I would love to see both Stef and Bria be 100% injury free. Last I would like to see Saniya Chong play like a top 10 recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom