What are you most excited to see this coming season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are you most excited to see this coming season?

What are you most looking forward to seeing this coming season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Im interested in too many things to just pick one so I chose "other."

Lame, yes, but,

I wanna see freshman to sophomore leap of the 3 Amigo's, particularly MoJeff.
"IF", she get the starting nod at point I expect Hartley to have a spectacular season at the off guard spot.

I wanna see Stokes become a beast!!!

And I wanna see Chong in action.

but most of all......

I wanna be 39-0 and demolish the Lady Vols in the FF in Nashville for NC #9
:cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The most exciting thing for me is last year's freshman class as a whole, how they develop. I can easily imagine them hitting "monster class" status this year as sophs. I'm the most nervous about BB, because you never really know how a player will come back from an ACL. As with the Lady KG, the strength of Brianna's game is based in athletic explosiveness, and it seems to me it took Kalana two years to fully regain her form.
This. My second vote would be seeing Steph healthy because she was pretty damn good on two bad wheels.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are a lot of great what do I want to sees in this thread, but for me it is about how Geno & Co. take these athletes through the year to the Big Dance. I am fascinated with what kind of rotations will be developed and how time will be managed to create the ultimate NCAA destruction force.

Reaction Score
39-0 and a national championship. I'm chomping at the bit to see that ...

You can chomp all you want, Champ, but why are you playing chump for a measly 39 wins? UConn could go 40-0 this year.

Reaction Score
Kaleena in two years as a Husky has netted 211 three point baskets, thus placing her at the #7 position here at UCONN. She needs 13 to surpass Mel Thomas who ended with 224. However, I cannot wait to see her top Diana Taurasi's #1 ranking of 318. In order to do so Kaleena needs just 108 more three point baskets to be at the top. Last season alone she netted 118 threes. She could be the all time 3 point maker at UCONN before her senior season. Thus it gives me that feeling that I had when Maya was ending her Junior season, where you knew she would surpass Tina Charles in scoring, but you did not know where she would land. Dare I dream that by the time KML is done at UCONN she will have over 400 three point baskets?

Reaction Score
Other.........Stewart dominate.

Then in order...

KML
Kiah
Tuck
Banks
Bria
Chong

but don't hold me to it.

What about Dolson? You think she is going to fall to the bottom of this list?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Eric offered us 6 options but the largest vote gathering is for #7 "Other." That bodes well for a very exciting year.

Reaction Score
1. Stef coming back from injury and having a stellar senior season. She deserves all the attention we can give her.
2. Watching Breanna's continued development.
3. About 8 other things, some of which are listed among the choices in the poll.

Reaction Score
Although all of these choices are very good choices and eagerly await all of them, my choice was Kiah. I am really pulling for her to improve greatly. I believe she can do it as she has the tools. It's all about the mental focus and attitude and putting them all together.

Besides I've seen her in a dress and all I can say is WOOOWWW!!!! ;)

My second choice would be seing Bria reverting back to her freshman and sophmore seasons and proving that last year was a fluke due to her injury. I want to see the pull up jumper from the elbow and fist pump again like I saw in the Final Four against the Irish. I want the new Kiah and the old Bria. (Hey that rhymes)

Reaction Score
I'm greedy...all the above.

I with you on this. It was hard to choose one but I like them all and even some that wasn't on the list like:

What can Bre Stew do for an encore? Is she still hungry and will she battle KML for the Player of the Year? or

Moriah improving her outside shot and taking the controls of a well oiled machine.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, looks like I'll have to re-do the poll and add in something about Stewie and Stef. I figured Stewie would be the most popular answer which is why I left it off. I suppose I could have said "Aside from Stewie playing like a 1st team AA, what are you most looking forward to this season"... ;)

Reaction Score
On the recruiting front I'm with Tony in hoping that UCONN receives a verbal from both Wilson and Calhoun. I also can't wait to see the improvement of last years freshmen. This year I also can't wait to see the improvement of KML(if thats possible), Bria Hartley's return to the way she played her first two years, and the improvement of Kiah Stokes to a top five center. On the injury front I would love to see both Stef and Bria be 100% injury free. Last I would like to see Saniya Chong play like a top 10 recruit.
Man, you're really getting your monies worth with wants and wishes. I concur with them all but I thought the idea was to pick your most fervent wish for the coming year. I also didn't know that recruiting success was part of the wishful thinking. I thought we were meant to work with the lineup that we would have this coming year including our new freshman, Ms Chong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Of course I disagree :cool:
You know I like you. :) I think the ACC has #2 and #3, or is Maryand in the Big 10 this year? I see you guys and the Terps near the top, but with a big gap between 1 and 2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena in two years as a Husky has netted 211 three point baskets, thus placing her at the #7 position here at UCONN. She needs 13 to surpass Mel Thomas who ended with 224. However, I cannot wait to see her top Diana Taurasi's #1 ranking of 318. In order to do so Kaleena needs just 108 more three point baskets to be at the top. Last season alone she netted 118 threes. She could be the all time 3 point maker at UCONN before her senior season. Thus it gives me that feeling that I had when Maya was ending her Junior season, where you knew she would surpass Tina Charles in scoring, but you did not know where she would land. Dare I dream that by the time KML is done at UCONN she will have over 400 three point baskets?
Eric and I have talked about this, and there was an earlier thread. KML should break Diana's record, quite possibly this season. She has a shot at the NCAA women's career record, set by Laurie Koehn, and an outside shot at J.J. Redick's NCAA career mark. She'll be the new Ray Allen. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You know I like you. :) I think the ACC has #2 and #3, or is Maryand in the Big 10 this year? I see you guys and the Terps near the top, but with a big gap between 1 and 2.

Personally I think the ACC has 3 of the top 7 teams... and yes this is Maryland's final year in the ACC. Should be an exciting race...... and the ACC tournament in Greensboro should be very very entertaining.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Right now I'm just wanting the season to get started.

I'm sure you are. I'd want to get the taste of the last 5 season's failures out of my mouth as quickly as possible too.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Once the season gets started a couple of things. Seeing the return of Cater, who I became a big fan of after seeing her play. Also seeing Mercedes play.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Once the season gets started a couple of things. Seeing the return of Cater, who I became a big fan of after seeing her play. Also seeing Mercedes play.
Didn't the Yankees trade Cater for Sparky Lyle? Loved that move.

Seriously, I know there was "other" for a choice, but I'm pretty sure this thread is about what on UCONN are you looking forward to.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seriously, I know there was "other" for a choice, but I'm pretty sure this thread is about what on UCONN are you looking forward to.

He's the One Note Charlie of WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom