What are you binge watching? | Page 68 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Last episode of Fallout was a big ol' helping of meh. Series started out interesting and then just went nowhere. I'd say pass. I kept Amazon Prime for an extra month for this?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is perhaps ironic, given the discussion on the movie trailer thread. Started watching The Gentlemen on Netflix. It's derivative of the movie of the same name. Stars Theo James, Kaya Scodelario and Daniel Ings. We absolutely loved the first two episodes. The dialogue is just so clever. Ings is very funny as Freddy. James and Scodelario have some sexual tension going, even though a relationship isn't suggested yet.
Thought this one was a lot of fun. Definitely worth the time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Don't know if I missed it somehow, but haven't seen any posts on 3 Body Problem, which I found surprising given the number of sci-fi nerds here. I started it yesterday and got sucked in right away. I'm now starting Ep6 (of 8) and it's holding together, albeit with some slow, dry spots. Never really paid attention to Eiza Gonzalez before, but dayum. SFX is top notch, especially in the Panama Canal scenes. I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but I do like really intelligent discussions on science and the physics discussions here, whether based in fact or total fiction, and compelling. Also really enjoying Benedict Wong in the slovenly cop role and Liam Cunningham as a total trying to defend Earth.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A Gentleman in Moscow. Stars Ewan McGreggor as the gentleman, Count Rostov. Among the last nobles, he's "imprisoned" in the Metropol Hotel during the glorious revolution. We see it unfold through his horrified eyes, and we also see him attempt to cling to the things that give life meaning beyond sustenance, things the party in the USSR are eradicating day by day. It's really very good. The gorgeous Mary Elizabeth Winstead (McGreggor's new wife) is a Russian movie star in a supporting role. Minor quibble with casting multiple black actors and actresses to essentially represent the peasant class in Russia (some rising in the party). That was just ill advised and not necessary.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Six episodes into Baby Reindeer (Netflix). If you enjoy watching things that make you feel really uncomfortable, this is a good one for you. Crazy lady stalking a struggling comedian with serious issues of his own. I agreed with others here that Poor Things gave me that discomfort, and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Similar vibes here so far but without the big budget production value and a relatively unknown British cast (at least to me).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fallout. Prime. Started it last night and love it so far. They absolutely nailed it with the look, the feel, the costumes, the music. Ella Purnell is adorable and then some as the young vault dweller. Aaron Moten is solid as member of the Knights of the Brotherhood. Walton Groggins kills it as a Hollywood cowboy actor who mutates into a ghoul and is the Gunslinger. The attention to detail and the visuals are just stunning. I don't know how good the story will be and in some ways it doesn't matter. It's too much fun anyway.

Reaction Score
Fallout. Prime. Started it last night and love it so far. They absolutely nailed it with the look, the feel, the costumes, the music. Ella Purnell is adorable and then some as the young vault dweller. Aaron Moten is solid as member of the Knights of the Brotherhood. Walton Groggins kills it as a Hollywood cowboy actor who mutates into a ghoul and is the Gunslinger. The attention to detail and the visuals are just stunning. I don't know how good the story will be and in some ways it doesn't matter. It's too much fun anyway.

Started out great. Like really great. But then the last Episode and a half happened and it shrunk back down into mediocre territory.

Hopefully it rebounds in the second season.

Reaction Score
Ben Franklin or is it just “Franklin” on Apple.

Summary:

“I am not here”

“Neither am I”

“Cool let’s talk about whatever”

“This conversation never happened”

“Agreed”

“Is it a boy or a girl”

“Yes”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else watching Shogun? I am enjoying it enough that I may read the book. James Cavell isn't Mitchner, but his books are meaty. This story seems worth the investment in time.

(I've read Taipan and Noble House, I probably should read Whirlwind as well.)

Reaction Score
Anyone else watching Shogun? I am enjoying it enough that I may read the book. James Cavell isn't Mitchner, but his books are meaty. This story seems worth the investment in time.

(I've read Taipan and Noble House, I probably should read Whirlwind as well.)

I think I would rather read the book.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ella Purnell is adorable and then some as the young vault dweller.
I first saw her around 10 years ago in "Wildlike" and thought she was great. I've followed her career, but she's gotten a disappointingly small number of decent roles in the intervening years.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Slowly working my way through "The Gentlemen." Each episode finding themselves in some over the top predicament is starting to wear a bit thin. Freddie is a terrible character and needs to get offed. Jimmy has suddenly turned full idiot too. Can't believe that after his first big screw up they didn't have a babysitter assigned to him, but he was right back to screwing up in the next episode, getting played again by the same little minx. Maybe they are keeping tabs on him and it just wasn't revealed in this ep? Mind numbingly dumb if they aren't, for an organization that usually appears to be very detailed oriented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom