What…no Death Storm thread? NM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What…no Death Storm thread? NM

Reaction Score
It’s remarkable the way supposedly capable adults fail to prepare. Oh no, we must buy milk and bread and ice melt. The roads will be fine by Sunday night. Meanwhile you should have what you need anyway. I always treat Thanksgiving weekend as my winter prep weekend. Get the snowblower from the shed, check the gas, change the oil, make sure I have ice melt in huge quantities.
There's nothing to prepare for in the places we live other than having a shovel. We go entire winters now with just a dusting here and there. It's not like we like in Tahoe or Quebec.

Reaction Score
I never run mine dry, always use 93 or trufuel in my outdoor power equipment....never had a problem starting at the beginning of the season.
Use TruFuel now, after replacing the carb in my 1yo snowblower. The previous one (25yrs?) never ran the fuel out (87 unleaded), never even changed the oil, or sparkplug. Replaced the augur pins with bolts too. Ate a few newspapers over the years. Should have kept it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's nothing to prepare for in the places we live other than having a shovel. We go entire winters now with just a dusting here and there. It's not like we like in Tahoe or Quebec.
You talking about Chicago? We on the board live in lots of places. I can tell you Simsbury gets a lot of snow. Manchester did when I was a kid. Here in eastern Mass it’s been light the last two years, but we can get big snowfalls.

The point is that people freak out about it for no reason. The stores today were insane. So were gas stations.

Reaction Score
You talking about Chicago? We on the board live in lots of places. I can tell you Simsbury gets a lot of snow. Manchester did when I was a kid. Here in eastern Mass it’s been light the last two years, but we can get big snowfalls.

The point is that people freak out about it for no reason. The stores today were insane. So were gas stations.

We’ll get the occasional dumping, but nothing like the frequency we used to have even 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
Mice invaded my shed and ate my primer hose on my Troy-built snow blower. For the first time I actually did something right and checked the thing beforehand, ordered the parts, and fixed it yesterday during lunch. Now it’s running like a gem.

My family and I are patiently waiting for this storm to dump a crap load of snow.

My wife works in the OR Monday morning so she relies on me to make sure she’s plowed just in time :cool: oh yeah!
I usually wait until the first snow to check the blower and then grab the shovel and say, well, I need the workout anyway.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bought a new condo, no worries other than no golf for a while lol.
I’m going to look at a house on the Cape next weekend. Super short driveway and right near Waquoit bay. I’m guessing I’d never need my snowblower again. Too old to deal with this crap much longer.

Reaction Score
I have an 89 Ariens 2 stage blower. As it has aged I add some extra Stabil to the gas and run it out dry every Spring. Used to keep the gas tank full and just turn off the valve and run the gas out but the ethanol just sucks for carburetors. Clean the plug or replace it if we've actually had a few storms to deal with. Same with the oil. Change it only after busy Winters. Add fresh gas and it starts on the first pull after priming it. No mice issues as they are happy to invade my car. They love packing the cabin air filter which I now change every year. Moth balls, drowning pail, and they still keep coming the buggers. Still just a dusting in the Mansfield area.

Reaction Score
I’m going to look at a house on the Cape next weekend. Super short driveway and right near Waquoit bay. I’m guessing I’d never need my snowblower again. Too old to deal with this crap much longer.
You know it still snows there?

Reaction Score
There's not that much snow here, but my pizza delivery took 2.5 hours to get here. They also got my order completely wrong with the exception of one soda

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I drove by the car wash this morning. There was a fairly long line. Are these people cleaning their cars to make room for fresh salt?
They probably were there mostly for the conference realignment news.

What did you hear?

Reaction Score
I know. But it is often rain instead and it melts quickly. Temps don’t stay below zero for weeks at a time.
It seems we’re getting to the point where significant snow in New England won’t be an issue much longer. It’s really sad and for those of us that believe in climate change, scary. Things have changed an awful lot.

Reaction Score
We have about 5-6 in WesMass just over the CT line and more expected. We will see.

Bastards at my new condo haven’t been out to clean yet and I have my dog as well as babysitting my son’s dog w t f. Have to still blaze my own trail? :eek:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We have about 5-6 in WesMass just over the CT line and more expected. We will see.

Bastards at my new condo haven’t been out to clean yet and I have my dog as well as babysitting my son’s dog w t f. Have to still blaze my own trail? :eek:

I'm in the Berkshires at least 2 weeks a year

Wineries, breweries, distilleries, restaurants... I love it up there

Reaction Score

We’ve been shoveling a section of our yard for our small dogs for 17 years….i hate to say it, but I will be relieved when my oldest and last living dog crosses the rainbow bridge. He’s a walking vet bill waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
Wet heavy stuff in Glastonbury….already ran the snownblower and I’ll probably run it again this afternoon. I hate the sloppy stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom