What’s going on at Louisville? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What’s going on at Louisville?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I find it strange that on ESPN.com there is nothing about this among the lead stories. Yet when UConn lost the arbitration ruling vs KO it was the lead story. If ESPN had shown some appreciation for all the tax breaks CT has given them and pushed for us to join the ACC years ago we would be there. Screw ESPN.

Plenty of ESPN assets in CT to relay a story, even if it's from the Courant. Not so much in Kentucky but, yeah screw ESPN.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

In a den of thieves like Auburn not much needs to be said for this deal to happen. At most it was like:

Bruce: I hear UL needs a coach
AD: I know a guy. Let me talk to him
~3 minutes later~
AD: It's done.

Bruce: What's done?
AD: That thing.
BP: What thing?
AD: You know, that thing, with the guy.
BP: You mean our friend?
AD: No, the other guy.
BP: Oh, that guy. Good to know.

My sources can't confirm the second part.

Reaction Score
Never thought I’d see the day when Auburn paid their basketball coach more than football

No one will be able to compete with SEC money anymore. These schools just have an endless supply of donor money and media revenue. Crazy

Reaction Score
No one will be able to compete with SEC money anymore. These schools just have an endless supply of donor money and media revenue. Crazy

That may well prove to be the case in football. I wouldn’t be so doomer about it in basketball. Auburn is a special case re: basketball. They’re realizing it’s going to take a while for them to be able to compete in football with Bama and Georgia (if ever), and they just so happened to have struck gold in basketball at same time so they’re trying to hold on to it as hard as possible.

Reaction Score
Never thought I’d see the day when Auburn paid their basketball coach more than football

Lol you can now reward a coach for being a solid cheater with the understanding of how to lean the blame on his assistants. NCAA is such a joke!

Reaction Score
Lol you can now reward a coach for being a solid cheater with the understanding of how to lean the blame on his assistants. NCAA is such a joke!

The NCAA is a joke, I don’t really care if coaches tell them to go shove it. The issue with Pearl is that, before he caught, he was one of the biggest narcs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I honestly think Louisville offered Peral some obscene money and Auburn just blew it out of the water
No way was Pearl using leverage, he wanted UL but Auburn threw an obscene number and Pearl took it
The guy isn't worth it, he's having a really good year (partly because a phenom decided to stay home for his pre NBA training) but I don't see Auburn as the college basketball capital.
What this does is reshape salaries in mens basketball in a negative manner and will further widen the gap between the haves and the have nots

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom