What’s going on at Louisville? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What’s going on at Louisville?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chris Mack is a quality coach and will land in a good place. Louisville is definitely a blueblood quality basketball school that has and is experiencing high levels of success in many other sports - men and women. The university has an unbelievable ability to raise money so they will hire basically whomever they really want. They have and will recruit at high levels.
I don't know what happened this year with the MBB program but it's always been a good program (even before Pitino and the OBE/ACC) and no reason to believe things will change for the worse.
I would not be surprised to see Bruce Pearl (who always coveted the UL HC job), Mick Cronin, Ed Cooley, Oats in the mix but front runners may be former players Scott Davenport and Kenny Payne.

Reaction Score
This would be an idiotic move less than lateral move for Pearl. The SEC is a better basketball conference. Has to be just using this for leverage.

I agree he’s using it for leverage. The SEC is not a better basketball conference, though. This year? Yes. But, every major conference is better than the ACC this year

Reaction Score
I agree he’s using it for leverage. The SEC is not a better basketball conference, though. This year? Yes. But, every major conference is better than the ACC this year
The ACC is going through a transition right now as the great “old guard” coaches are retiring. But I doubt it will stay down too long. Plus you know schools like UNC and Duke won’t keep guys for long runs if they are’t getting it done. Neither will UL (obviously) or Syracuse. It might take a year or two to settle out but settle it will.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about Will Wade? 'Ville is always best with a cheater at the helm and Wade might be willing to leave too soon rather than too late.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Do we really believe there isn't something more to this? Coaches don't get fired mid-season just for losing games or even upset players.

This smells like another UL coverup.

Reaction Score
Louisville: Interim president, interim AD, interim hoop coach = consistency. Shaky, or over controlling board?

At least UConn has an AD, hoop coach, and is only running on its' 4th top dog and 2nd interim president within the last 3 years. BoT? Relative stability. /s

Reaction Score
I find it strange that on ESPN.com there is nothing about this among the lead stories. Yet when UConn lost the arbitration ruling vs KO it was the lead story. If ESPN had shown some appreciation for all the tax breaks CT has given them and pushed for us to join the ACC years ago we would be there. Screw ESPN.

Reaction Score
My gut is telling me there are some serious back-channel things happening here with agents and boosters. Louisville doesn't have a president or an AD so this may be the only time for boosters to exert their influence and get "their" coach. It's possible that coach is Pearl or Willard but I really think it's Pitino.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I do doubt this’ll happen. Pearl likely just trying to get a pay bump out of Auburn
Auburn already pays him obscene $
Louisville has been his dream job - he has made that known for a while

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Pitino is being texted the new restaurant alarm code as we speak
images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics