What’s going on at Louisville? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What’s going on at Louisville?

Reaction Score
I think Mack at Butler is a great call. I also wouldn’t be surprised with Pitino getting his old job back.

Reaction Score
What’s his buyout?
Taking a mid major to the 2nd weekend is equal to a $10m payout/firing from a P5. Insane cash

Reaction Score
No way Louisville job is better than LSU
With the way the SEC is making money from football, you may be right. But Louisville is still close to a blue blood program, LSU cannot even sniff their tournament accolades.

It just depends on if a coach wants to be at a football first school, and that will always be the case in the SEC except for Kentucky

Reaction Score
What’s his buyout?
Taking a mid major to the 2nd weekend is equal to a $10m payout/firing from a P5. Insane cash
$12M but there's been people on twitter saying they may try to fire him with cause and escape the buyout...not sure if they read the news recently but it doesn't seem to work out that well.....

Reaction Score
With the way the SEC is making money from football, you may be right. But Louisville is still close to a blue blood program, LSU cannot even sniff their tournament accolades.

It just depends on if a coach wants to be at a football first school, and that will always be the case in the SEC except for Kentucky
I only meant that Louisville is barely relevant in a barely relevant league and LSU can definitely pay better.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is a lot different when your forced to follow rules. Even at 25% compliance of those rules

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
All things being equal, I think I’d rather have the coaching situation at UL than the one at Cuse.

Great battle of the under 500s going on right now. Pitt up 8 under 6.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A setup for Louisville to snatch Pitino away from Syracuse?

But seriously, as I approached the George Rogers Clark Bridge from Indiana back to Louisville on Sunday night, a digital billboard showed, "Bring Tom Jurich home."

Reaction Score

Not sure if Louisville would be considered close to blue blood by most fans. Any “school” with more major scandals than titles should be eliminated from any blue blood discussion! ;)

Reaction Score
I only meant that Louisville is barely relevant in a barely relevant league and LSU can definitely pay better.
What? Louisville is one of the best programs ever in college hoops. They have three national championships, a whole bunch of deep tournament runs, and are always top 10 in attendance. The ACC isn't barely relevant in basketball.

Strange post.

Reaction Score
What? Louisville is one of the best programs ever in college hoops. They have three national championships, a whole bunch of deep tournament runs, and are always top 10 in attendance. The ACC isn't barely relevant in basketball.

Strange post.
It was tongue in cheek

Reaction Score

Strange post.
I know it's nitpicking, but see the statement below. I only posted it because they're one of the schools that always seems to get off much lighter than UConn would for the same violations.

"NCAA team championships. Louisville has won 2 NCAA team national championships. Men's (2) Basketball (2): 1980, 1986, 2013 (vacated)

Reaction Score

college coaches mentioned:

cronin (lol yeeah right)
pearl
holtmann
oats
musselman
willard (hope not)
altman
cooley (hope not)
boynton
underwood
forbes
miller
I just saw a similar list in the Athletic. Not sure why Pearl would leave Auburn for Louisville. Oats is in a good situation as well. They were picking Kenny Payne from Knicks as the smart choice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
ACC may be trending down. No more Roy, K, and probably Boeheim after this year. UofL in a constant state of disarray, Pitt sucks, UVA stinks again. The league may be in for a few rough years

I soooooo want to make #onebidacc trend this year. Let's make it so!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Mack at Butler is a great call. I also wouldn’t be surprised with Pitino getting his old job back.
The boys over atsyracusefan.com are pining away for Pitino to replace Boeheim. I don’t know what is more sad, wanting to 86 your Hall of Fame coach, or wanting to replace him with one of the sleaziest names in basketball

Reaction Score
I just saw a similar list in the Athletic. Not sure why Pearl would leave Auburn for Louisville. Oats is in a good situation as well. They were picking Kenny Payne from Knicks as the smart choice.
this one predicted it would be Willard. that would stink for the BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom