Whaley has been a bright spot | The Boneyard

Whaley has been a bright spot

Reaction Score
If vital wasn’t so loaded to shoot bad shots he would be our best overall player .. he can score I really think he has a good mid range game , plays with intensity that fire I love from a player who was overlooked, gets steals and can rebound...

Reaction Score
If vital wasn’t so loaded to shoot bad shots he would be our best overall player .. he can score I really think he has a good mid range game , plays with intensity that fire I love from a player who was overlooked, gets steals and can rebound...
Poor mans Dyson with a better attitude.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
All 3 of our freshman bigs look like core pieces going forward. Lots of rough edges to sand down, but a good coach would be happy to walk into a team that has Whaley, Carlton and Diarra as building blocks.

Reaction Score
Whaley is a great energy guy. I really hope we bring in someone who can coach bigs or he, Carlton, and even Diarra will be a lot of wasted potential.

Reaction Score
I love that he was kept in the game for so long in the second half. He even appeared winded at one point, which is great. None of our bigs have even played enough consecutive minutes to get winded all season.

Reaction Score
Frankly no guy who can’t get his own shoot, unless his shooting over 50% from the three is your best player
JA is far and away the best player on the team and it’s not even close

Reaction Score

He really needs to calm down out there in so many ways. Plays too fast and out of control, loses his man on D as much as anyone as he tries to make plays away from the ball and now the celebrations as well as starting down refers today, geez love the kid but he's getting a little too big for his britches. It's probably a fine line with him, but he needs to relax out there imagine how good he could be? I will still keep him LOL

Reaction Score
Frankly no guy who can’t get his own shoot, unless his shooting over 50% from the three is your best player

And unfortunately the worst at times, hence our issues for trying to get an easy win today.

Reaction Score
Jalen does too much imo can’t have 6 TO a game that’s unacceptable... even though I agree he’s our best player and that’s not a good thing ... he would be the perfect robin to a Batman but unfortunately we don’t have those lol

Reaction Score
It's a shame that Larrier is leaving. Despite the bad handle, he is only going to get better going forward. Lots of players couldn't get out of their way dribbling but improved there, and other aspects of their game, and became forces.

He is going to be a really strong player soon.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's a shame that Larrier is leaving. Despite the bad handle, he is only going to get better going forward. Lots of players couldn't get out of their way dribbling but improved there, and other aspects of their game, and became forces.

He is going to be a really strong player soon.
He gets a lot of flak here but is a very good, elite even, 12-15 foot shooter and has a bit of an old man game. Neither thing translates well to the NBA but he can be getting set up my LaMelo Ball in no time.

Reaction Score
If he can be a kind of Roscoe Smith I’ll be happy

Minus the full-court heaves

Reaction Score
Jalen does too much imo can’t have 6 TO a game that’s unacceptable... even though I agree he’s our best player and that’s not a good thing ... he would be the perfect robin to a Batman but unfortunately we don’t have those lol
No, Jalen would be an AA if he had better talent around him. If we ran a sophisticated offense he would be averaging 7-8 assists a game and around the same ppg output. Whether we like it or not as fans, his talent is somewhat wasted here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No, Jalen would be an AA if he had better talent around him. If we ran a sophisticated offense he would be averaging 7-8 assists a game and around the same ppg output. Whether we like it or not as fans, his talent is somewhat wasted here.
JA is the best natural scorer I’ve ever seen in a UCONN uniform

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Love Whaley. Although not extremely excited about in coming recruits next year I think if return everyone but the seniors this team can be decent. Maybe pick up a grad transfer in Gilberts spot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He really needs to calm down out there in so many ways. Plays too fast and out of control, loses his man on D as much as anyone as he tries to make plays away from the ball and now the celebrations as well as starting down refers today, geez love the kid but he's getting a little too big for his britches. It's probably a fine line with him, but he needs to relax out there imagine how good he could be? I will still keep him LOL

Sounds a lot like a sophomore Boatright.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Ollie said as much today in his post game presser. When asked directly about Adams' TO's, Ollie basically said JA needs to shoot more because no one else can make a shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom