Whaley has been a bright spot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whaley has been a bright spot

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Lol besides the fact that far greater talents have come through Storrs, can you even coherently define what you mean by “natural scorer”?

I mean, I thought he had the potential and skill set to be one of our best scorers when all was said and done... but I don’t know how you can still say that, and say it with certainty - - not about his potential.

Right now to say that is...odd.

And I LOVE his basketball skill set, so I get what he maybe was going for.

Just not even close, though, as far what he actually said.

Reaction Score
Love Whaley. Although not extremely excited about in coming recruits next year I think if return everyone but the seniors this team can be decent. Maybe pick up a grad transfer in Gilberts spot.
You're not excited about Akinjo?

Reaction Score
Among players with substantial minutes, Whaley is 2nd on the team in WS/40 at .141, just behind Vital. He’s got a bright future.
Implying that Jalen and Laurier are at best 3 and 4?

Reaction Score
Implying that Jalen and Laurier are at best 3 and 4?
Jalen 3rd, Larrier 4th. Larrier and Vital have about the same usage, whereas Jalen has one of the highest usage rates in the country, which certainly leads him to be way less efficient than he could be on a good team.

Reaction Score
My first two thoughts were Rip and Ben.
Ben and Donyell could really fill it up too. I remember periods in Donyell’s junior year where he’d score 8 points in a minute, so effortlessly too. A 3 from the corner, a dunk, another 3. He was just at another level that year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My first two thoughts were Rip and Ben.
Ray
Donyell/Ben tie
Rip
Shad
Kemba
Let's not go pre-JC, and bring up Wes, as I imagine the OP hadn't yet seen daylight then, much less UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Ray
Donyell/Ben tie
Rip
Shad
Kemba
Let's not go pre-JC, and bring up Wes, as I imagine the OP hadn't yet seen daylight then, much less UConn basketball.
No Johnny Gwynn...the kid came shooting off the bus.

Although he did not live up to full expectations, when Anderson got hot...it was over quickly for the other team.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ben and Donyell could really fill it up too. I remember periods in Donyell’s junior year where he’d score 8 points in a minute, so effortlessly too. A 3 from the corner, a dunk, another 3. He was just at another level that year.

If we’re actually talking “natural scorer” (which, as said, is kind of subjective) Ben Gordon is definitely there. Guys like Caron, Kemba, Ray we’re pretty good scorers.

You have so many guys that just knew how to get buckets.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Although he did not live up to full expectations, when Anderson got hot...it was over quickly for the other team.
I cannot ever remember us having a bench player who could completely change the game when he came in the way Shad did so often. He could turn a 4 point back and forth affair into a 12 point lead in what seemed like a heartbeat.
Maybe TRob, but with him it wasn't the pure scoring burst. He'd come in, draw a foul, get a steal, a couple rebounds, then a couple slams on the break, and he'd get the fans on their feet, too.

Reaction Score
Wow, he just keeps getting better and better. Finally sold that he's going to be a real player in years to come. Good timing on blocks, can catch the dish, good timing on o-bounds, sniffs out the ball, very active. Even with Tacko in there. A bright spot for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom