Westbrook to.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, We haven't seen or heard from "Ya girl Margot" in some time. I'd love to hear her take on their latest commit, and the Vol Nation consensus outlook for the upcoming season. :cool:
Margo does Facebook Live now

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Well, they said Diamond was better than Stewie before.
I recall some here said similar things when Diamond was thought to be headed to UConn. Regardless, the jury is out. She had a MAJOR leg injury/surgery. Finally healthy.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
This is going to be a stellar class for Tennessee. I'm really looking forward to some seriously competitive games with the Lady Vols in the coming years. I'm sure none of our coaches are.. but if anything, this destroys any ideas that anybody on SC's staff may have had about "resting on their laurels".

Great battles coming and don't count out this season either.

Reaction Score
Odd choice in my opinion for a top recruit. Going to places like Duke and Tennessee (sorry to our board fans of these teams) where the coaching staffs leave a lot to be desired seems like career suicide.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The guard play Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook next year.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Odd choice in my opinion for a top recruit. Going to places like Duke and Tennessee (sorry to our board fans of these teams) where the coaching staffs leave a lot to be desired seems like career suicide.

Holly has 3 elite 8 runs out of 4 seasons. Not 1 of those seasons did she make it to the NCAA's with her team in tact. Last season was the closest, but 2 players broke hands and the starting point guard was out of the E8 game with a concussion.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I never heard that either but DAMN she was a great shooter. miss angie.

She had a shot that rivaled anyone, including Maya, but May had the athleticism, quickness, and explosiveness to go with that shot. Angie just wasn't blessed with all that.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tough news re Evina and Meg, but Patterson and Vaughn are good ones.

Mostly just clowning. Of course would have been thrilled to sign either player and hoped ND would, but guard/wing talent is still an area of strength for ND.

If Patterson hadn't come to ND, I would be singing a much sadder tune. ND needed posts above all in this class and they got two that fit McGraw's system.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They look pretty thin in the backcourt.___ they really need another guard. Can they count on Cooper ?
Middleton also will be there. Yes Cooper I think will be real good. Also if Diamond was to come back.

Reaction Score
That is a good get for the Lady Vols.... good luck to them. Hope for them that Westbrook is the real deal

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And Angie Bjorklund was better than Maya. ;)
KittyWho.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yeah..... its amazing that no McCallie coached players at Duke have ever made a WNBA roster or have played overseas :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The Lady Vols have had some nice pick ups after last year's failures. I would think that some of the recruits could look at that roster and see where they would get almost immediate playing time in one of the best facilities in the country with fan and department support that rivals only a few others program even with a relative lack of big time success the last few years.

TN is still a significant program. Yes, the stock has slipped for a variety of reasons, but it is by no means a bottom feeder. Several others have joined the party as top places and that's good for the game. Recruits seem congregate at a few places in hopes of winning a title or playing with the best. That's fine and good but I would hope to see a few other programs inherit some of this talent. The rosters at a few places are going to be loaded for a few years and it may mean some of these underclassmen players who are highly ranked may have to look a few other places for roster spots.

Reaction Score
They look pretty thin in the backcourt.___ they really need another guard. Can they count on Cooper ?

Don't know about Cooper. Some people make it back from an ACL tear. Others don't. Vicki Baugh and Caroline Doty never returned to pre-injury form.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dont compare UConn players with any others, imo there is no comparison. Those who come to UConn come for a reason. That reason is they are willing to give up the way it is to get better. They are willing to become part of a team that runs on discipline, commitment, and compassion. They are willing to do whatever it takes and it aint easy at UConn under Geno. Sure other teams work hard, but not like UConn. UConn is different and for those few who are willing to pay the price in advance without any guarantees this is the place that makes it happen.

Reaction Score
The Lady Vols have had some nice pick ups after last year's failures. I would think that some of the recruits could look at that roster and see where they would get almost immediate playing time in one of the best facilities in the country with fan and department support that rivals only a few others program even with a relative lack of big time success the last few years.

TN is still a significant program. Yes, the stock has slipped for a variety of reasons, but it is by no means a bottom feeder. Several others have joined the party as top places and that's good for the game. Recruits seem congregate at a few places in hopes of winning a title or playing with the best. That's fine and good but I would hope to see a few other programs inherit some of this talent. The rosters at a few places are going to be loaded for a few years and it may mean some of these underclassmen players who are highly ranked may have to look a few other places for roster spots.

I would say that all of the top ten teams are fully loaded for next year..........the talent is well spread out...........the argument that UConn gets all of the great players is clearly not the case............it's time for the other big programs to put up or shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom