Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread | The Boneyard

Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Slow week with no games. Rather than derail some of the current dumpster fire threads, figured I would start a new one welcoming our new friends to the Boneyard.

Maybe this could be a safe space to introduce yourself, ask any questions about Boneyard idiosyncrasies you don’t understand, and if needed, let loose about anything on the Boneyard that upsets you.

Welcome to the Boneyard!!! I’d like to see the first response in say, 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
winning charlie sheen GIF

Reaction Score
I’m one of the Fich duo on this site.1999 is the first year I truly remember at 7 years old. Been here for the ups, downs, and recycles. Kemba, Charlie V, and Adrien are my favorite players all time.

I also live in Charlotte and get to see UConn greats turn into NBA dumpster fires for the Hornets on a regular basis.

Always down to chat about anything in life, but love to point out that in 2004 both the UConn Men’s and Women’s teams won the championship in the same season, and then followed it up 10 years later!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Could you rename this “Casual Fan Orientation Center” or something along those lines?

Since we are getting near the day of airing grievances....................

In the past few weeks there has been an uptick in threads containing the title or phase "Innocent question.........................?"

Don't do that. It's a message board. Just state your question and if someone decides to be a d-nozzle and you blast you, who cares? Just ask the damn question.

Also, some people on here think we can have threads and conversations that go 10 pages deep and 150+ comments in and everyone of those comments will be germane to the OP. Not gonna happen. Enjoy and relish in the haphazardness of the conversation and learn to appreciate the jumping off points to completely unrelated tangents.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I'm pretty new here but not to forums so I sleuthed around - read old posts, read a few of the history posts, etc so thankfully some of the inside stuff I get although I can't believe I had never seen "post\handle" before this place. I also know better than to get upset with the old hands and inside jokes ;)

I think it's pretty cool to see folks posting here regularly a decade on, and from what I've read some of you have been hanging around and chatting for 20+ years in various incarnations of online Husky fandom.

I watched UConn back in the late 80s/early 90s with my dad as a high schooler (I'm from CT) but then never paid much attention until ~3 years ago when I wanted to find something I could talk to my dad with during our weekly calls (at this point he was in his 70s and had suffered a massive stroke). I'm glad I got back onboard right as the ship was righting itself and missed out on the worst times, salad days here we come!

Reaction Score
In the past few weeks there has been an uptick in threads containing the title or phase "Innocent question.........................?"

Don't do that. It's a message board. Just state your question and if someone decides to be a d-nozzle and you blast you, who cares? Just ask the damn question.
4E9D9E11-1641-4FCC-A852-B0FC3F7E8717.jpeg

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I'm pretty new here but not to forums so I sleuthed around - read old posts, read a few of the history posts, etc so thankfully some of the inside stuff I get although I can't believe I had never seen "post\handle" before this place. I also know better than to get upset with the old hands and inside jokes ;)

I think it's pretty cool to see folks posting here regularly a decade on, and from what I've read some of you have been hanging around and chatting for 20+ years in various incarnations of online Husky fandom.

I watched UConn back in the late 80s/early 90s with my dad as a high schooler (I'm from CT) but then never paid much attention until ~3 years ago when I wanted to find something I could talk to my dad with during our weekly calls (at this point he was in his 70s and had suffered a massive stroke). I'm glad I got back onboard right as the ship was righting itself and missed out on the worst times, salad days here we come!
Welcome aboard. There are few places on the internet you can waste more time than here with like minded UConn fanatics. All of the schtik becomes almost like a second language pretty quickly. Nothing helps more than reading some old threads (see Drummond, Chief, Urinal).

Do you know anyone who works at a car wash?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

If you're in to salads there's plenty you can search, but let's get one thing straight, we don't do tossed salad around here. Chef salad? sure. Cobb salad? Most likely the goat. Caesar salad? Only for simps. Tossed salad? No way.

Reaction Score
That is me , finally got in. Started following UConn on am radio as a kid I seem to remember a Calvin Chapman as point guard the Big game was Holy Cross . Tony Hanson a few years later was the best . Two thinks when Charley V finally got in a game I swear one of his first plays he stuffs a shot and as his head passes under the basket it hit it and came back out did I imagine that ? And last game at Fla 4:40 to go Andrey’s block that was my favorite play this year he is the leader . Thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom