Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn Class of '91 here, I've seen pretty much every game that I could since 1987 or so. I was there at MSG when we won the NIT in '88, as well as the Meadowlands in '90 when Burrell-to-Tate lifted us to the highest of highs only to witness first-hand Laettner tearing our hearts out 2 days later. It has been quite a ride. I remember saying to myself in the mid-90s after yet another heartbreaking loss in a regional final that my only goal in life was to see us in a Final Four, never dreamed of how far we would exceed that.

I started lurking on this board right around the time Danny H. was being discussed to replace KO and wanted to get the inside scoop. Since then I have found that for every 25 ridiculous takes, there is a nugget of valuable insight. But I am always entertained. This place scares me, and yet I can't look away...
I think you nailed it there at the end. It's a car crash of the written word.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm HuskyinSC and I understand this thread is just a ploy to get all newbies in a relaxed and comfortable state of mind. They will be totally unprepared for the onslaught of criticism after their first spelling mistake or grammar error and the resultant trauma will scar them for life. It's a great idea.

EDIT: I just went back to correct the spelling and grammar errors.

Reaction Score
New to the site also but not UConn. Been following since I was a kid and the "Dream Season" with Tate George and Nadav Henefeld. This team got me excited one of the best ones Ive seen it at least 10 years and yes that includes Napiers final season when they won it all. This teams IMO is more talented. Hope they have they same about of balls and guts as that one though. Those kids were tough

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hi, I am CL82. The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it.
How did you know she was Zoroastrian? The only thing I can think of is as fire plays a major roles in their rituals, it's quite possible that she burned off your sack hair. I truly hope that wasn't the case.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How did you know she was Zoroastrian? The only thing I can think of is as fire plays a major roles in their rituals, it's quite possible that she burned off your sack hair. I truly hope that wasn't the case.
She was chanting the teachings of Zoroaster as she shaved them. No fire involved, but the warm towel afterwards was pleasant.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
She was chanting the teachings of Zoroaster as she shaved them. No fire involved, but the warm towel afterwards was pleasant.
I never knew you spoke ancient Persian

CL82

Reaction Score
True, but considering your recent, soul bearing post, I wish there was more that I didn't know.
Soul bearing? It was entirely inconsequential.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Soul bearing? It was entirely inconsequential.
Indeed, it's not like you hatched an evil plot to gain one million dollars or anything.

Reaction Score
UConn Class of '91 here, I've seen pretty much every game that I could since 1987 or so. I was there at MSG when we won the NIT in '88, as well as the Meadowlands in '90 when Burrell-to-Tate lifted us to the highest of highs only to witness first-hand Laettner tearing our hearts out 2 days later. It has been quite a ride. I remember saying to myself in the mid-90s after yet another heartbreaking loss in a regional final that my only goal in life was to see us in a Final Four, never dreamed of how far we would exceed that.

I started lurking on this board right around the time Danny H. was being discussed to replace KO and wanted to get the inside scoop. Since then I have found that for every 25 ridiculous takes, there is a nugget of valuable insight. But I am always entertained. This place scares me, and yet I can't look away...
If I recall correctly.. On the Burrell to Tate pass ..Clemson had put a 6'10" dude on Burrell when he threw that pass from in-bounds line.. I am convinced that only a guy of Burrell's athletic talent.. Highly recruited HS QB and Blue Jays #1 pick.. Could have made that pass "catchable".. I hate to admit it.. I was so pissed at how the game was winding down because I thought UConn should have already put the game away. I did something I never do.. I left the room and stopped watching. My son then starts screaming at the top of his lungs.. The rest is history. Had to see it on the replay.

Have waited for the last click ever since

CL82

Reaction Score
Indeed, it's not like you hatched an evil plot to gain one million dollars or anything.
As far as you know…;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm Dove. Been here a while. One thing you may not know about me is that during most of my life chicks have digged me. No doubt because I don't wear underwear and when I do, its usually something unusual.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I’m JonnyRI. I live in Rhode Island.

I hate the Civic Center, love going to games at Gampel.

I’ve only seen other fans at the urinals next to me there though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dove stealing my schticks again. Same as it ever was. Shut up Dove.

Im August. I like UConn. And Arby's, I don't like Turkey.

But after reading this thread now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you.

It's not just the UConn swag you wear, It's the posts you make.
So much fun and imagination.
@ClifSpliffy ......you are a madman! When you stole that cow and your friends tried
to make it with the cow?! I want to party with you, cliffy.
The two of us together, forget it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership
to this messageboard.
A Board without leaders is like a foot without a big toe.
And Big Red (@temery) isn't always gonna be there to be that big toe for us.
I think that we owe a big round of applause...to our newest, bestest buddy...
...and big toe...

...@temery *BigRed

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly.. On the Burrell to Tate pass ..Clemson had put a 6'10" dude on Burrell when he threw that pass from in-bounds line.. I am convinced that only a guy of Burrell's athletic talent.. Highly recruited HS QB and Blue Jays #1 pick.. Could have made that pass "catchable".. I hate to admit it.. I was so pissed at how the game was winding down because I thought UConn should have already put the game away. I did something I never do.. I left the room and stopped watching. My son then starts screaming at the top of his lungs.. The rest is history. Had to see it on the replay.

Have waited for the last click ever since
Elden Campbell I recall was guarding the in-bounds. UConn had blown a 17-point lead in the 2nd half and Tyson (forget his first name) swished a wide-open 3 with maybe 12 seconds remaining, Tate came down and missed a foul-line jumper and we had to foul on the rebound with like 1.6 seconds left. They missed the front end of the 1-and-1, we called timeout, and the rest as they say....

To finish the story of that night, my roommates and I attended the game on the UConn student bus trip, stayed for the Duke-UCLA game that followed, took the bus back, and then watched the whole game UConn game again on my roommate's VCR (pausing many times to make sure Tate got the shot off in time, which he did, no question), at like 4 am. And I still made it to my 9am math class (I had a quiz). Great memories.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hi all I am who I say I am. If you need complex thoracic surgery I am not your guy, but I have considered lobotomy's for over half the patients here!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I just got here. By mistake. I thought I was joining the Tulane board.
One of my favorite team names...
Screenshot_20221216-123720.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing there's a better sports forum than the BY. And my definition of forum is quite broad. For e ample, Barstool and all their podcasts and shows.... I include all of that within my loose definition of forum.
I like that you & I, in different words, laud a similar quality. I hold that The Boneyard is unsurpassed. I don't object all to the likelihood that other people or fan bases regard their own favorite forum similarly.

In heads up competition, I always want one of two outcomes to a UConn basketball game: either the Huskies score more points than their opponents, or strong end-of-game defense ensures that opponents score fewer points than the Huskies. Qualitatively, they feel like two different things.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Consider myself to be a new guy.. Came to Yard as a Pandemic past time.. Didn't expect to stay long once business environment normalized post-Pandemic. Long -time fan/Yard is my only social media outlet due to professional constraints imposed by compliance and attorneys.

Advice to newbies-- Know your lane-Stay in your lane. Ignore can be your friend. Have a sense of humor

Have often asked the question(s).. Is the Yard a Seinfeld re-run about nothing? Or are the opinions expressed really reflective of the people behind the avatars? Is their brand /schtick/identity/outrageousness/contrarianism really what they think/feel? Do they really think they are as funny as they think they are? My conclusion to these questions is.. Yes.

I have also found that when the shields of the avatars are dispensed with.. There can be excellent information/experiences shared that can benefit everyone on the Yard on a variety of real world topics. For that reason ..And of course a common interest in UConn Men's Basketball success.. I stay.

To all Yarders new and old-- Enjoy the Holiday Season with your Family and Friends.. Let's get a few more Ws.
I think my memory is mixing a couple storylines, so I avoid details that will reveal my mistakes, but I seem to recall that when you first arrived, you needed to navigate your way through some skepticism that you were a brand new poster who was. UConn fan and not some kind of troll or sock puppet providing cover for some other, possibly controversial poster.

I admire how you either came through some of the challenges intact, or, in the alternative, caught & continue to ride the wave to extend your ruse quite quite well.

Kudos, additionally, for your pointing out and kindly educating me that the flavor profile is "umami," and not "unami" as I'd previously thought because I hadn't paid attention when it first rose in media prominence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom