Weekend recruiting visits? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Reaction Score
Great catch SI UCONN. Now looking ahead. You see who was on the floor and you see who was in the stands watching and and those watching have been here more then once. You dont come more then once if you dont wanna play for us. Dont think for a minute that they dont know who is graduating, and those positions will open up just in time for them to fill them. I am optimistic that they will all commit just because everything seems right. Another way to think about it is if most of them come and one doesnt does she think she can win a NC without them or with them?????? and wouldnt they all want to play on the same team??? No question in my mind that UConns chances on landing all of them is really good. JMO folks and as Milford posted in another thread where I had predicted way back when 195-0 well that is the way I think.

The only player i feel could win a NC without the rest of that group is Azzi Fudd . She will revolutionize the game when she gets on the national stage . Fudd & Bueckers together would be enough even if the other 2 dont join along . Azzi & Paige are the prizes of that group imo .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Class of 2019 recruits Haley Jones (6-foot-1 guard/forward, Santa Cruz, California) and Aliyah Boston (6-4 center/forward, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands/Worcester Academy) were at Sunday’s exhibition game as part of their official visit. Jones is rated the No. 1 recruit among seniors with Boston at No. 3.

They were joined at Gampel Pavilion by two teammates from last summer’s gold-medal winning United States U-17 national team on unofficial visits: junior guard Paige Bueckers and sophomore guard Azzi Fudd.

Bueckers (5-11 guard, Eden Prairie, Minnesota) is the top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2020 while Fudd (5-11 guard, Falls Church, Virginia) holds the top spot in the Class of 2021. A source said it was their decision to join their U-17 teammates here.

Freshman Williams gets off to running start for UConn women
I hope it was their decision and that they weren't kidnapped by Auriemma.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They were joined at Gampel Pavilion by two teammates from last summer’s gold-medal winning United States U-17 national team on unofficial visits: junior guard Paige Bueckers and sophomore guard Azzi Fudd.

Bueckers (5-11 guard, Eden Prairie, Minnesota) is the top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2020 while Fudd (5-11 guard, Falls Church, Virginia) holds the top spot in the Class of 2021. A source said it was their decision to join their U-17 teammates here.

Fascinating piece of information. But hey, let's instead focus on comparing the length of time between visits and social media posts.

I'm sure this news won't go unnoticed among certain coaching staffs.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It has been more than 48 hours now, why come we haven't seem pictures of these recruits all over social media by now?
nKaOjd7lQatPf7xNfOGnuf5AUI9PRJP6_lg.png

Reaction Score
I've been looking.........nothing as of earlier this morning...........might be a total stealth visit

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've been looking....nothing as of earlier this morning......might be a total stealth visit

If you remember, the pics from the ND visits took a day or three to hit the either....breathe deep. ;)

Besides, it's not as if Ms. Boston or Ms. Jones have not been to Storrs before (which was the opposite of Notre Dame).

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
It has been more than 48 hours now, why come we haven't seem pictures of these recruits all over social media by now?
View attachment 36054
The BY optimists will claim it's because the recruits want to add a measure of uncertainty and drama before announcing their intention to attend UConn while the BY pessimists will caution that it's because these recruits merely made a "courtesy visit" to UConn and intend on displaying their talents elsewhere while we pragmatists--especially those of us who have daughters--will admit that we have no idea what these teenagers are thinking or intend to do.
But it's fun speculating.

Reaction Score
Why would Boston post UCONN pics on social media?? She has been to UCONN so many times don’t think she needs to post pics of what she already knows. UCONN doesn’t need to post pics of these young ladies in uniforms.. Geno doesn’t play that game. If u base social media pics on decision making then we really don’t need these players..I’ believe Haley and Boston are very smart girls and posting pics on social media means nothing .. Haley didn’t post anything regarding her in a Notre Dame uniform .. and the hoopla of posing in uniforms is a bit over the top .. u need to earn your uniform .. these coaches play the recruiting hoopla Geno and the coaching staff don’t need to sell there program with cheesy hoopla .. the banners speak for themselves!!!

Reaction Score
Give it a few more days maybe they will post something if not then what will be will be. UCONN doesn’t always get the players they go after .. we will never know what teenagers are thinking!!!

Attachments

• 993E8B4F-C029-40DB-AC23-12115B6EC8FE.jpeg
    993E8B4F-C029-40DB-AC23-12115B6EC8FE.jpeg
    750.9 KB · Views: 100
Reaction Score
8E53E94A-D137-4119-BEE6-AE0CD7108BCA.jpeg
8E53E94A-D137-4119-BEE6-AE0CD7108BCA.jpeg
]Give it a few more days maybe they will post something if not then what will be will be. UCONN doesn’t always get the players they go after .. we will never know what teenagers are thinking!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The BY optimists will claim it's because the recruits want to add a measure of uncertainty and drama before announcing their intention to attend UConn while the BY pessimists will caution that it's because these recruits merely made a "courtesy visit" to UConn and intend on displaying their talents elsewhere while we pragmatists--especially those of us who have daughters--will admit that we have no idea what these teenagers are thinking or intend to do.
But it's fun speculating.
This optimist (trouble maker really) just wanted to get a few more naysayers to commit about which players are definitely not coming to UCONN-then I can come in and say I told you so. Bonus number 2 is that some will get to read way.......to much into things that are clearly not there-Again. Bonus number 3 is some will get another chance to stalk these players social media and not feel so because clearly I'm the one dying to know- which I'm not.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Here is where we're at. The Paige and Azzi came to the game on their own dime and this wasnt there first visit theyve been here before. They came to see their friends which I see as a big plus. There will be positions open for them to fill because of graduation and seniors finishing up their final year. If they verbal or commit now that means every other top player goes elsewhere and what if they decommit down the road UConn losses out. We've seen players commit and decommit and UConn was out of the running for other top players. So, Geno already knows if theyre coming or not. Because they came here again on their own dime I would guess they are very interested. So we wait til they announce.

Now Haley and Boston are in a different situation. I would think before Thanksgiving they announce and I believe theyre coming only because of all the visits. Coming to first night is not a guarantee but we've seen in the past most who come to first night do commit and the same scenario there will be positions coming available to fill and they will see playtime as freshman. So Im very optimistic.

What we need to do now is Dream Big. CW ONO MW Haley and Boston all on the same team with Paige and Azzi on deck. Thats how you spell undefeated and maybe just maybe my old prediction of 195-0 will become a reality if this all falls into place. In the old days there was a deal going on trying to get Tina Charles Jayne Appel and Kia Vaughn here. That wouldve been special. We did get Tina and Maya and Caroline and EDD (for a very short time) which lit the fire for the 37 page NCAA violation from Tenn. This time around Tenn is not in the running especially with home and away games with UConn beginning next season.

Reaction Score
The only player i feel could win a NC without the rest of that group is Azzi Fudd . She will revolutionize the game when she gets on the national stage . Fudd & Bueckers together would be enough even if the other 2 dont join along . Azzi & Paige are the prizes of that group imo .

I haven't seen anything with fudd playing, only read what's posted here. How will she REVOLUTIONIZE the game of WBB???

Reaction Score
This optimist (trouble maker really) just wanted to get a few more naysayers to commit about which players are definitely not coming to UCONN-then I can come in and say I told you so. Bonus number 2 is that some will get to read way..to much into things that are clearly not there-Again. Bonus number 3 is some will get another chance to stalk these players social media and not feel so because clearly I'm the one dying to know- which I'm not.
You are: Funny, Devious, Interesting =====and====FUNNY!

Reaction Score
View attachment 36064

I'm not going to stir the pot. I'm just going to smoke it.
While I NEVER inhaled ---I do enjoy a whiff now and then!
My spouse is a believer in the AVERAGE is less than 2 hands edict--she is always (she says never) screaming: I ONLY have @ HANDS.

Reaction Score
If you remember, the pics from the ND visits took a day or three to hit the either....breathe deep. ;)

Besides, it's not as if Ms. Boston or Ms. Jones have not been to Storrs before (which was the opposite of Notre Dame).
U;
I'm SO happy you didn't say hits the ether---that stuff knock you out!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
U;
I'm SO happy you didn't say hits the ether---that stuff knock you out!

Thank the lord for misspelling :rolleyes:
(On the other hand, we can all use a nap from time to time. ;))

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
While I NEVER inhaled ---I do enjoy a whiff now and then!
My spouse is a believer in the AVERAGE is less than 2 hands edict--she is always (she says never) screaming: I ONLY have @ HANDS.
Well, I blindly think of myself as hands, some.

Reaction Score
Oops...I posted this in another thread before rediscovering this one! Blame it on my heart...it’s been crazy lately!

I like Dad already. Look at that hat!

Reaction Score
Oops...I posted this in another thread before rediscovering this one! Blame it on my heart...it’s been crazy lately!

Nice the twit was liked by Jones, Amihere, and Ducharme from the 21 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom