Weekend recruiting visits? | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Do I have this right? Both Haley Jones and Aliyah Boston will be here this coming weekend on their official visits.
Haley from California....Aliyah from the distant Worcester Ma.

48 hours is the limit of their stay...correct? I hope that would include the exhibition game on Sunday at 1:00.
Being on the weekend I wonder if any underclass kids might stop by.
The signing period is November 14-21...correct? Or is it November 7-14?

I recall [I think] that even when that signing period is over, there is a lag time till the colleges can actually receive them...maybe as long as 3 weeks?

Conceivably a kid could sign 2-3- 4 letters before the expiration date...toss them in the drawer...and then make the decision and mail the one she decides on later....correct?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Do I have this right? Both Haley Jones and Aliyah Boston will be here this coming weekend on their official visits.
Haley from California....Aliyah from the distant Worcester Ma.

48 hours is the limit of their stay...correct? I hope that would include the exhibition game on Sunday at 1:00.
Being on the weekend I wonder if any underclass kids might stop by.
The signing period is November 14-21...correct? Or is it November 7-14?

I recall [I think] that even when that signing period is over, there is a lag time till the colleges can actually receive them...maybe as long as 3 weeks?

Conceivably a kid could sign 2-3- 4 letters before the expiration date...toss them in the drawer...and then make the decision and mail the one she decides on later....correct?
Correct.

NLI Future Signing Dates

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully the weather is decent for their visit. Friday's not looking so great. Connecticut's not exactly the most appealing place to visit in November.
Well, I’m in beautiful Kauai, but the weather is mostly cloudy and wet, so gray in Storrs isn’t unique.

Reaction Score
If Jones doesn’t have a visit date set for her last official maybe “Baby Uconn” will make her college choice soon.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the weather is decent for their visit. Friday's not looking so great. Connecticut's not exactly the most appealing place to visit in November.

yes unfortunately it's going to rain Friday into Saturday but clearing later in the day........Sunday is supposed to be nice.............

Reaction Score
If Jones doesn’t have a visit date set for her last official maybe “Baby Uconn” will make her college choice soon.

sorry but I believe she's going to Oregon next weekend.........

Reaction Score
What's a typical itinerary for a visit such as this?

I can only comment on what I went through when I took an official at UConn for baseball but usually:

Meeting with coaches
Campus tour
Facilities tour
Meeting with Academic Support Staff
Watch practice
Dinner at coaches house or restaurant
Stay with a member of the team in dorm
Hang out with team
May go to an athletic event(men's game. football. etc)

Reaction Score
What's a typical itinerary for a visit such as this?

I only know what happens within the first few hours of their visit..............upon arrival at UConn each recruit is handed a UConn sweatshirt and they are then brought to Geno's office where they are given silver polish and a soft cloth to clean the 11 NC trophies along with Geno's rings................then they are taken to the locker room where they play a short game of charades with Christyn Williams acting as master of ceremonies...............after that I believe it's on to Geno's house for lunch...................and then a nap.....................

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is hosting the 2 visitors? Would it be upperclassmen like Lou and Phee or players who would still be around next year?

Lou can certainly tell Haley about the transition from California, as well as some Stanford comparisons.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is hosting the 2 visitors? Would it be upperclassmen like Lou and Phee or players who would still be around next year?

Lou can certainly tell Haley about the transition from California, as well as some Stanford comparisons.

Almost always it is players that will be around to play with the recruit.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Does anybody know if Griffin is coming to town?

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Sure, if she pays her own way it's a unofficial visit which aren't limited. I just don't believe she can stay on campus overnight unless it's a motel that she pays for.

if that's the case it would be great if she did join the greeting committee..................I'm sure she'd very much like to see those two next year n UConn uniforms.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom