Weekend recruiting visits? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Reaction Score
Any reason why we're not in on Zia Cooke? I know we're in on Paige and Hailey Van for 2020, but just think we need somebody to backup/shadow Crystal next year. I know I've heard Cooke say UConn hasn't made a offer yet so she still has work to do. Seems like she'd be open to UConn. Any thoughts or info is appreciated, thanks.
Great idea. Would also look seriously at a transfer, perhaps an experienced upcoming senior or 5th year. While would prefer a 4 year recruit, someone who would value the UConn experience and could run the show as the 1st guard off the bench plus play defense could be ideal.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I just remembered, we have no comparative video from their other visits.....oh well......anybody know anything about numerology?.....:rolleyes:
They celebrated every made shot just to hide their real feelings.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great idea. Would also look seriously at a transfer, perhaps an experienced upcoming senior or 5th year. While would prefer a 4 year recruit, someone who would value the UConn experience and could run the show as the 1st guard off the bench plus play defense could be ideal.
In theory yes, practically no. With the exception of Sabrina Ionescu I don't see a guard on the NCAA landscape that would be a 5th year senior and come in and make an immediate impact on the UCONN team next year even in a backup capacity. The bar was pretty low this year (probably the lowest it has ever been at UCONN). That guard transferring in would only have to beat out Mikayla Coombs and Molly for back guard minutes. There were some good candidates too, Natalie Chou, Danni Williams and Sierra Calhoun could all have worked. Next year the bar will be much higher already with just the signing of Aubrey Griffin.

Reaction Score
Any idea on when Jones plans to announce?

Ive heard possibly after her Oregon visit ...not sure how true that is ! The fact that she still feels the need to take that visit has my eyes wide open 0,o

Reaction Score
OAN i wonder how much more appealing does Minnesota looks to Beuckers with Whay running the show now ?

Reaction Score
if I'm not mistaken, that bored look is par for the course with those girls........personally I would have preferred the four of them dancing at center court with Jonathan the Husky at halftime but what are you going to do.....
Just want to say I saw Bostons dad on my way to restroom at half time, big dude!! But was decked out in UCONN gear (hat, shirt)! Let's cross our fingers!! Sucks we're in the AAC conference, makes Geno have to work twice as hard to get the top recruits. But he IS the man, and you'd have to be stupid not to want to play for the best coach of all time!!

Reaction Score
More appealing but probably not enough.

Same i was thinking , but im sure Whay has been mingling with her and family since she took over Minny , with all the "Bring us back to prominence talk" . I do think Beuckers choosing Minny would be a mistake , but nice feel good story for the homegrown. Lindsay Jr ?

Reaction Score
Just want to say I saw Bostons dad on my way to restroom at half time, big dude!! But was decked out in UCONN gear (hat, shirt)! Let's cross our fingers!! Sucks we're in the AAC conference, makes Geno have to work twice as hard to get the top recruits. But he IS the man, and you'd have to be stupid not to want to play for the best coach of all time!!
As a virgin islander and UConn fan I would be disappointed if she goes some other place.

Reaction Score

Now that just gives me all kinds of good vibes down my spine. :D:D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It should be pointed out that when Aliyah visited South Bend with her parents, while she did consent to have her photo taken in an ND uniform, in the picture posted on her Twitter account with her parents, Mom was wearing a USA basketball t-shirt and Dad a Boston Red Sox hat. No ND gear for Mom & Dad....just sayin..,.

Reaction Score
It should be pointed out that when Aliyah visited South Bend with her parents, while she did consent to have her photo taken in an ND uniform, in the picture posted on her Twitter account with her parents, Mom was wearing a USA basketball t-shirt and Dad a Boston Red Sox hat. No ND gear for Mom & Dad....just sayin..,.

LOL so if she does not choose UCONN this will mean ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Class of 2019 recruits Haley Jones (6-foot-1 guard/forward, Santa Cruz, California) and Aliyah Boston (6-4 center/forward, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands/Worcester Academy) were at Sunday’s exhibition game as part of their official visit. Jones is rated the No. 1 recruit among seniors with Boston at No. 3.

They were joined at Gampel Pavilion by two teammates from last summer’s gold-medal winning United States U-17 national team on unofficial visits: junior guard Paige Bueckers and sophomore guard Azzi Fudd.

Bueckers (5-11 guard, Eden Prairie, Minnesota) is the top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2020 while Fudd (5-11 guard, Falls Church, Virginia) holds the top spot in the Class of 2021. A source said it was their decision to join their U-17 teammates here.

Freshman Williams gets off to running start for UConn women

Reaction Score
Absolutely. She will play 3 until Megan graduates. Play 2 after Christyn graduates and possibly 4 as a senior. She has that type of versatility.
Even though listed at guard, similar to DeCosta now at Baylor, Jones is probably more of a 4 and I think she has a good chance of being a impact player at the high post next year for Uconn, moving Walker more of the wing.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great catch SI UCONN. Now looking ahead. You see who was on the floor and you see who was in the stands watching and and those watching have been here more then once. You dont come more then once if you dont wanna play for us. Dont think for a minute that they dont know who is graduating, and those positions will open up just in time for them to fill them. I am optimistic that they will all commit just because everything seems right. Another way to think about it is if most of them come and one doesnt does she think she can win a NC without them or with them?????? and wouldnt they all want to play on the same team??? No question in my mind that UConns chances on landing all of them is really good. JMO folks and as Milford posted in another thread where I had predicted way back when 195-0 well that is the way I think. Remember this no body wants to be a couldve been and there are a bunch of kids playing at other schools that thought they could win a NC there but they havent and guess who has?????

Reaction Score
Class of 2019 recruits Haley Jones (6-foot-1 guard/forward, Santa Cruz, California) and Aliyah Boston (6-4 center/forward, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands/Worcester Academy) were at Sunday’s exhibition game as part of their official visit. Jones is rated the No. 1 recruit among seniors with Boston at No. 3.

They were joined at Gampel Pavilion by two teammates from last summer’s gold-medal winning United States U-17 national team on unofficial visits: junior guard Paige Bueckers and sophomore guard Azzi Fudd.

Bueckers (5-11 guard, Eden Prairie, Minnesota) is the top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2020 while Fudd (5-11 guard, Falls Church, Virginia) holds the top spot in the Class of 2021. A source said it was their decision to join their U-17 teammates here.

Freshman Williams gets off to running start for UConn women

Sounds great ! Hope this is as realistic as the Fudd , Beuckers , Boston & Brunelle package

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom