Weekend recruiting visits? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Reaction Score
If they arrived at dinner time Friday they could easily see the game and be off campus. Game will be over by 3:30.

either way.....................the game is really not the most important part of the visit........................I would think that speaking with the coaching staff, watching a practice and spending time with your potential teammates would be far more meaningful to a potential recruit...........

Reaction Score
Yes, but how many saw Horston committing to Tennessee?

actually I would say more then a few folks thought Tennessee was in the running for Horston.....................her listed requirements seemed to put UConn at the head of the pack but Horston just felt more comfortable at Tennessee..................no matter how much Holly gets criticized for her coaching, she has a really good track record as a recruiter..................Dawn on the other hand has not been all that successful as a recruiter but has proven she knows how to coach....................until she pulls in a few big fish, South Carolina is not going to be taken as seriously as a recruiting threat by the big guns.........now if Boston or Jones do end up there she's well on her way........

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Is it still okay after noon? I have heard its virtues extolled, but only about ham and eggs, and the company of one's sweetie in the morning. ;)
Tried to spend the last 15 months in FL. Couldn't stay away from the Upstate of SC. Beautiful people, Beautiful places

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
While it sounds too good to be true, a reunion of 4 of 5 starters for the U17 world championship team, minus the one that got away, would be earth shattering recruiting news for WBB.
Someone with inside info predicted we would get 4 of the starting 5, all but Horston. So far, he has nailed it. I have my fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Amihere and Horston didn't sign with Uconn because they choose not to compete for minutes with Ms. Boston and Ms. Jones when they would all be freshmen together as Huskies. These folks communicate with each other a lot and they know more than we do about each other's hopes and aspirations. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Amihere and Horston didn't sign with Uconn because they choose not to compete for minutes with Ms. Boston and Ms. Jones when they would all be freshmen together as Huskies. These folks communicate with each other a lot and they know more than we do about each other's hopes and aspirations. :cool:
You may have a point on Horston, but it appears Amihere was not offered by UConn.

Reaction Score
Have we received any confirmation whether Fudd and Bueckers are on campus? Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
Mayafan01 was also reporting it quite a bit, and then disappeared put of thin air after the decision was made. Very curious as to who that poster was... seemed like they possibly had some type of connection to Horston.

As reported by Raoul, Dawn in the running for quite a few top prospects at this point. Jones, Boston, Amihere, Cooke, Jackson, and Beal all top-12 on Hoopgurlz IIRC. 2 or 3 of those would be impressive. None except Boston or Jones would surprise me in the slightest.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That was me. Not sure how much inside info I have other than overhearing conversations in Belarus. A lot of things can change waiting for the two underclassmen.
So you were the proverbial “fly on the wall.” ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hey....I wasn't aware that Nostradamus was a UConn fan.......:rolleyes:;);)
Not to my knowledge, maybe they are visiting just for tomorrow. Where are the students who tell us when visitors are on campus? What, are they studying or something?? ;)
That was me. Not sure how much inside info I have other than overhearing conversations in Belarus. A lot of things can change waiting for the two underclassmen.

If I close my eyes to which site on I'm on, these could be similar conversations on other school sites, including one that concerns itself with hoops in NW Indiana. ;)

And in that case, many of the same players are in question. After all the talk of tag teams on recruiting trips, "four of five starters say...," "Red Robin prophecies," silent commitments, etc., it all gets down to the individual young women, right? So, in general, cross fingers and think good thoughts. But also glad we've got two solid commitments and a coach that can make hay with the players she does have. Stay tuned...for the class of 2019, we'll know soon enough.

And surprise, surprise: season starts this Friday! :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of our other posters overheard conversations at AAU events in a major U.S. city. The two points were (1) Griffin had made a silent verbal and (2) Geno could (not necessarily “would”) get quite a haul, including Buechers and Fudd.

So far, that is looking good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom