Week of 2/19 Other Games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/19 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watch the replay and slow it down. He tripped him and you’ll become the ignorant one thinking otherwise. But you be you whatever that means lol. I am me and damn proud of it!
Whether he tripped him or not is a not the point. If you are one of say 25 dookies out there on the court (players, coaches, trainers) and 2,500 people are raining down on you with nowhere to go...I don't know about you, but I am doing whatever it takes to get the hell out of there. Do you think Flip was really willing to start fighting with all those fans? By the way, he has the right to be out there, fans do not. Why do you think they arrest the drunk idiots that run out onto baseball diamonds and football fields during games. FWIW, I'm cool with court storming as long as they can get the teams out of there safely first.

Reaction Score
Whether he tripped him or not is a not the point. If you are one of say 25 dookies out there on the court (players, coaches, trainers) and 2,500 people are raining down on you with nowhere to go...I don't know about you, but I am doing whatever it takes to get the hell out of there. Do you think Flip was really willing to start fighting with all those fans? By the way, he has the right to be out there, fans do not. Why do you think they arrest the drunk idiots that run out onto baseball diamonds and football fields during games. FWIW, I'm cool with court storming as long as they can get the teams out of there safely first.

Wait a second how many of you can be so wrong about this? The fact is he’s reporting and Scheyer is whining his leg was injured because of the court storming right? Actually he was injured because he tried to trip the kid who was storming the court rather than just getting the hell out of the way. If the kid was going to run into him it’s one thing but he was running in front of him. The injury occurred because he did more than he had to there’s no other take. Again as I said, if the little *head is running into him and he forearm shivered him that’s the fans fault. I’m this case it’s absolutely not. Now should they stop these, sure there’s too much negative activity that can occur. But that kid was not the reason for his leg injury, that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
Flip said the kid intentional ran into him. "(It was) intentional for sure."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cincinnati was actually better than their record as they had 6 B12 losses by an average of 3.7 points.
That's why the axiom "you are what your record says you are" has resonated. Like in this case. Losers find a way to lose.

Reaction Score
Also, kind of good to see Creighton struggle in the Garden. I know some want us to go through them but I just want the banner.

Reaction Score
From what little I have seen in the game it looks like Creighton can't buy a 3 point shot.

Reaction Score
Not really surprised. Their championship was earlier in the week and now they can't make a shot.
I said it a few days ago, the home/road disparity in college basketball this year feels unprecedented.

We beat two decent to excellent teams at home by ~25, sandwiched around a road loss by ~20.

The team we lost to are down by double digits on the road. It's ludicrous.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Creighton SJ game is being called completely different than how they called our game. Both teams, especially SJs is getting away with lots of contact that would have been called in our game.
We didn't get a lot of fouls caused against us. Just that one significant screening foul agains Donovan, his second. There were a few non contact fouls that the refs blew in the second half for both teams which helped us in closing the gap and hurt us at the end.

I have no doubt Rick is playing the "let's use our depth and foul excessively making the refs call a tight game". It's the only way SJ can win.

Reaction Score
So if St. John's wins at Butler next game are they getting into the tournament? Their last two games are at DePaul and Georgetown at home, they'll win both of those.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
McDermott keeps three of his players in the game all game. Today those tired legs are showing. How can they play three games in three days with Kalkbrenner, Baylor and Alexander 40 minutes a game. Meaning BE tourney.

Reaction Score
So if St. John's wins at Butler next game are they getting into the tournament? Their last two games are at DePaul and Georgetown at home, they'll win both of those.

Probably yes if they win their first round BET game. That will give them 20 wins, tough to keep them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom