Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Purdue actually doesn’t worry me anymore. Assuming they even make it to the final 4, we would bury them. I do not see a single team that actually worries me besides Kansas. Kansas only worries me because they’ll have confidence going into the game.
I’m watching this Purdue/OSU game and I’m thinking the same. Edey is a hoss (and a bit of a baby when he gets stripped) and they’re good but I think we handle them.

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m watching this Purdue/OSU game and I’d thinking the same. Edey is a hoss (and a bit of a baby when he gets stripped) and they’re good but I think we handle them.
Purdue’s shooters will struggle to get open and Edey won’t dominate us even if Clingan gets in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Yep just watched Purdue lose to a 14-11 Ohio State with a new coach. LOL! Purdue outside their PG and Edey suck.

Reaction Score
Also have wins over SMU and Cincinnati, and they have strong advanced metrics . And it's not just AP voters who view them that way, the selection committee said yesterday they were one of the teams in consideration for the last 4 seed
By this logic Xavier should be ranked too. They both beat St John’s and Cincy and lost to Houston. I’d argue Xavier’s wins against seton hall, butler and st Mary’s are better than Dayton’s wins agains Lsu and Smu

Reaction Score
If UAB had another big man, they would be a real threat in the post season. Gaines is an athletic freak and Lendeborg is a pro prospect.

Reaction Score
By this logic Xavier should be ranked too. They both beat St John’s and Cincy and lost to Houston. I’d argue Xavier’s wins against seton hall, butler and st Mary’s are better than Dayton’s wins agains Lsu and Smu
That's half a story though, there's more than just finding teams who have the best wins. Xavier is 14-13, Dayton is 21-4. Do you really think Xavier should be ranked instead of Dayton?

Reaction Score
Will UConn get every single #1 AP vote tomorrrow?

Or will someone try to be funny and vote Houston?

Reaction Score
That's half a story though, there's more than just finding teams who have the best wins. Xavier is 14-13, Dayton is 21-4. Do you really think Xavier should be ranked instead of Dayton?
My point is that Dayton shouldn’t be ranked. They beat a few bad major conf teams early but basically no one good. Who did they beat of merit? How do u think they would do if they played Xavier’s schedule? Still be 21-4?? My point was to show against common opponents they weren’t any better but play an easy schedule

Reaction Score
My point is that Dayton shouldn’t be ranked. They beat a few bad major conf teams early but basically no one good. Who did they beat of merit? How do u think they would do if they played Xavier’s schedule? Still be 21-4?? My point was to show against common opponents they weren’t any better but play an easy schedule
I think they'd have a better record than Xavier because they're a much better team. And just because you don't recognize the teams on their schedule doesn't mean it's easy. They're 21-4 in the 8th best conference in the country. They played a really strong OOC schedule with only 2 teams outside the KenPom top 200. Their OOC schedule was 35th in the country and overall is 86th. UConn is at 72nd overall for reference

Reaction Score
Purdue has better guards this year than last, but none of them really compare with Kolek- the guy Castle and Diarra just shut down in the biggest game of the year. With the possible exception of Edy’s little 6-8-foot baby hook, I don’t see anything on that team that would give UConn much trouble defensively in the final four.

Reaction Score
The Richmond saga really derailed all of SH’s momentum. They look like a different team so far

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Really hoping Seton Hall can come back here. I want more Big East teams in the tourney.

But they are shooting horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc