Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is Dayton ranked? Their best wins are LSU and St Johns IIRC. what am I missing?
Also have wins over SMU and Cincinnati, and they have strong advanced metrics . And it's not just AP voters who view them that way, the selection committee said yesterday they were one of the teams in consideration for the last 4 seed

Reaction Score
Also have wins over SMU and Cincinnati, and they have strong advanced metrics . And it's not just AP voters who view them that way, the selection committee said yesterday they were one of the teams in consideration for the last 4 seed
Thx for info. Adding those 2 wins….. so what. They beat 4 meh teams. I don’t follow analytics but seems like they got ranked based off beating bad St. John and LSU early and don’t have to play any tough teams…so stay ranked. They played exactly 1 ranked team and lost. I don’t see it. wouldnt be upset to see them as the 4 in our bracket

Reaction Score
Yesterday, they we in a one point game with Fordham with 3+ minutes to go. I don't see it either.

Reaction Score
Michigan State-Michigan as the Saturday night game LOL. Fox needs to change to the Sunday night football model where they have some flexibility to adjust the schedule during the back half of the season to get a better matchup. The studio haircuts weren’t even trying to pretend that would be a good game during promos.

Reaction Score
SHOCKED to see this student section at South Florida:

We haven't seen USF this good since the 2011-12 season when the former Big East team won 22 games and went to the Sweet Sixteen.

Totally different program under former Kennesaw State coach Amir Abdur-Ramin. They lost four of their first six games, but are now 16-1 since.

Reaction Score
SHOCKED to see this student section at South Florida. We haven't seen USF this good since the 2011-12 season when the former Big East team won 22 games and went to the Sweet Sixteen.

On that pace we'll see it again in 2036.

Reaction Score

We haven't seen USF this good since the 2011-12 season when the former Big East team won 22 games and went to the Sweet Sixteen.

Totally different program under former Kennesaw State coach Amir Abdur-Ramin. They lost four of their first six games, but are now 16-1 since.

First sellout in 20+ years!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Unreal that Auburn and BYU both choked, to different degrees.

Reaction Score

They are absolutely smoking FAU by 20+ right now. This should lock up the AAC regular season title for them

Reaction Score
Ohio State leads Purdue at the half 35-30.

Anyone who thinks Purdue is better than us... uh, no. I mean, NOT A FREAKING CHANCE IN HELL. I don't give a damn about whatever the different computers have to say.

EXHIBIT A: Edey goes out with 2 fouls. They look shell-shocked and go from a 3 point lead to a 5 point deficit. Against a 14-11 Ohio State squad that has played so poorly they just fired their coach, not even waiting until the end of the season. 2nd to last in the "Big" 10.

Does that happen to us when Clingan gets in foul trouble? NO.

Absolutely unimpressed with Purdue. They look just as overrated as last year.

Reaction Score
During Purdue game, they introduced 99 final four Ohio State team with Scoonie Penn and others. UConn beat them on way to first championship 25 years ago.

Reaction Score
FAU has mucked this game up since the 25pt lead and USF has been in park mode since

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Purdue on the verge of getting blown out verse a not so good Ohio state team.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Purdue actually doesn’t worry me anymore. Assuming they even make it to the final 4, we would bury them. I do not see a single team that actually worries me besides Kansas. Kansas only worries me because they’ll have confidence going into the game.

Reaction Score
Purdue fan commenting about the #1 overall seed announcement yesterday (before the Marquette game):

"Cue the whiny UConn fans in 3...2...1..."

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Purdue fan commenting about the #1 overall seed announcement yesterday (before the Marquette game):

"Cue the whiny UConn fans in 3...2...1..."

Once Purdue loses to Ohio state the point is moot and they should probably fall behind Houston too. Ohio state stinks and is easily handling Edey and Purdue.

Reaction Score
This could be the biggest meltdown I've ever seen. For those not watching Up 25 with 8 minutes to play. Now up 1 with 23 seconds left

Reaction Score
Looks like USF finally made the right coaching hire. Still plenty of season left but Dusty May has been written about as if he can choose his own job but while FAU has some pretty good wins they've also been a bit shaky this year after bringing everyone back.
Amir Abdur-Rahim has had an awesome last two seasons at two programs which are incredibly difficult to win at. I'm sure some bigger programs are already taking a long look at him but I hope he stays and builds USF up for a few seasons.

Reaction Score
Amir Abdur-Rahim has had an awesome last two seasons at two programs which are incredibly difficult to win at. I'm sure some bigger programs are already taking a long look at him but I hope he stays and builds USF up for a few seasons.
Yeah he might already be gone. Will be a lot of jobs opening this year. Louisville and Ohio St will be able to pull siting high major coaches (and don't seem likely to hire from within like a lot of the recent big jobs like UNC, Duke), which puts the carousel into overdrive.

Reaction Score
Yeah he might already be gone. Will be a lot of jobs opening this year. Louisville and Ohio St will be able to pull siting high major coaches (and don't seem likely to hire from within like a lot of the recent big jobs like UNC, Duke), which puts the carousel into overdrive.
Some rumors they may go after Chris Jents too at Ohio State. Not sure I see that happening, feel like they'll realize they can get someone better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom