Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For tourney the only way for SJ is to win the BE tournament? They are 6-9 but have played close often.

Reaction Score
FAU 86
USF 90

USF 19-5 and 12-1 after winning 11 in a row, NET of 99. Coach Amir Abdur-Rahim coached Kennesaw State before USF. Something is going on down there. Just an observation.

Reaction Score
It would be so St John’s for them to blow this
The Office Nbc GIF

Reaction Score
Did Pitino make an effort to try to keep Jones, Alexander, and Storr? Zach Brazilier wrote a nonsensical "what-if" article about Walter Clayton Jr being a Johnnie when it doesn't appear if he was ever going there when there was some decent talent that left out the door.
I thought the story was he pushed them all out and only wanted to keep Soriano? Regardless he’s done a terrible job this first season.
I believe he said in a press conference that Soriano was the only guy he wanted, but it came out later in reports that he did ask Posh, Storr, and Jones to stay.

Reaction Score
For tourney the only way for SJ is to win the BE tournament? They are 6-9 but have played close often.
I think so. I guess if they win out and make the semis that gets them to 19-12 and they'd get in, but the schedule is pretty tough for that to happen

Reaction Score
Lol he really hates this team. Worst experience of his lifetime? He had to coach at Iona.
Why would his players even want to finish the season with him? I'm all for tough love but that's not what this is. This is ugly, those are the kids he brought in and they play hard every game I've seen them. He's publicly trashing them because he doesnt like how the season turned out, he's not a nice person.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why would his players even want to finish the season with him? I'm all for tough love but that's not what this is. This is ugly, those are the kids he brought in and they play hard every game I've seen them. He's publicly trashing them because he doesnt like how the season turned out, he's not a nice person.
JC, who first coached against Rick in the late 1970's (when Ricky took over at BU) has said Pitino is the biggest phony he's ever met.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is really disturbing, even for slick Rick. Calling out his players like that is appalling. They should mutiny on his a s s. The honeymoon is already over and he didn’t even make it one full season. They knew what they were getting…….now what do they do???

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is this guy going to recruit anyone?

I kind of get Pitino's point. Remember how pissed this board was when UConn lost to Seton Hall? How does a team where 4 of its top 6 players are undersized wings who can't shoot go 10-5 in the Big East? How can a high level program like St. Johns (or the other 8 Big East teams that SHU beat) not defend a team that has to drive to the basket every time they get the ball?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Surprised nobody commented on UCLA's Mack's flagrant 2 with a forearm shiver to the neck. Kind of brutal. Glad UCLA lost that game.

Reaction Score
Shall looking like the 4th BE tourney team. Still a shot at 5 with Providence or Butler, not sure if both can get it done. 6 is the max, though unlikely. SJ, Nova or Xavier need the auto at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom